Euron words are wind. But winds fill sails MAJOR SPOILERS TWOW included but it's hidden

My opinion is that Euron is trying to start the apocalypse so he can be reborn as a god. He is basically making a huge blood sacrifice with his "battle" against the Redwyne fleet. He basically wants just as much death as possible to create a "soft place". 

The death's from the battle along with the septons/warlocks/Aeron/King's blood from his bastard/etc. is meant to draw any gods to the slaughter,

11 hours ago, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

Hahaha no one has ever ripped Pyat Pree that bad in my forum history. And you're right.

They are weak old bitches that drink too much shade and are full of themselves 

But considering they've "made hundreds of sacrifices" to the drowned God, you don't think Euron was ever like "I've heard of this lord of light God so we're gonna burn these guys see if that makes the red God happy" 

Not in the slightest. Besides, it was his men, not him. He makes no sacrifices.

What does religion mean to Euron?

Nothing. He is not a godly man. He seeks power, and magic is power. 

Is it like everything else in his life which is a means to an end? Is he just after the power associated with these religions, after all it's possible he and Dany are the only 2 that truly know "words are wind but blood is power" (well I suppose everyone in that room where Left hand Lucas tells Aeron that line knows as well)

He isn't after anything in religion. He finds no power in blood other than when he is spilling it. If he did it would be in the books, yet it isn't.

9 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

I have been bored to tears with the forum lately.   Serious readers dare not venture forth into the show forums.   It is a different story they are dealing with.    I enjoy this place so much and didn't even check topics for a week.   Boring.  You've been active obviously revived with this excellent information and I've had a lot of fun reading your recent topics.   Thanks so much for breaking the monotony.  

Brother Man, blood is power and those awful menacing statements Euron makes to his bound and tortured brother are horrifying.   And sooooo telling.   Everyone knows I'm not afraid to make a stupid or misremembered statement.   I consider my fallibility to be part of my charm as I enjoy a good correction.   I'm just holding back all the manic comparisons, ideas and flat out wrong thoughts I'm having because there are discrepancies between the versions of The Forsaken floating around out there.   I count 4 different accounts.   Slightly different, but different still.   In this round I'm holding back watching those more courageous folks such as yourself blaze the theory trail.    And enjoying every second of it.    

Thanks for the compliment and while I make plenty of the ole "top swordsman in westeros" I love asking a question I don't understand to get all the brilliant opinions on here. 

You make damn good posts yourself

I just heard about the multiple versions of the chapter. My apologies I got to pumped up. GRRM needs to finish my book 

10 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

Sorry, it's just such an exciting prospect...Even if Euron has only 1/10 of the magical ability Bran has it's still thrilling to have some really dark magic that may be able to go up against this god like ability Bran has.    Euron will have to really collect terrifying things to commit his atrocities.  This character may end up being a truly classic villain.   Get hype. 

I like it. Do you think the White Walkers will have an ice cold surprise for these dragons that are just going to"melt them and everyone lives happily ever after!!!

How awesome is it that this chapter implies that Euron has the blessing of the drowned while Aeron does not. The Drowned God doesn't care for a faithful servant, only one that can bring him power. He really is the god of the Ironborn.

2 hours ago, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

Thanks for the compliment and while I make plenty of the ole "top swordsman in westeros" I love asking a question I don't understand to get all the brilliant opinions on here. 

You make damn good posts yourself

I just heard about the multiple versions of the chapter. My apologies I got to pumped up. GRRM needs to finish my book 

Don't apologize for anything, there is plenty to get pumped about in all the versions of this disturbing chapter.   Damn straight we need that book like back in March.   

I like it. Do you think the White Walkers will have an ice cold surprise for these dragons that are just going to"melt them and everyone lives happily ever after!!!

Will it really come down to dragons simply having a big old BBQ?   With this Euron maniac running around, gathering power and aggressively seeking an apocalypse I'm not sure there will be dragons when we need them most.   Remember the end of LOTR?  Magic and the elves ease on down the road and there is peace in the realm...until you get to the last place in middle earth anyone would expect something terrible to have happened?   The Shire was under the dominion-dominion! of bad guys.   Who would want to bugger sweet boring hobbits?  Bastards.    I'm looking for something like that in this as it is looking like Euron is a dirty dirty dog.  I wouldn't mind it if anyone even Euron, can get us into the minds and motives of the Others--Oh please give me an alliance, please.   Since you're all about liberating my manic thoughts try this on: Euron gains this alliance, gains a little ice magic of his very special own and this jackass gives us an ice dragon.  Bran wargs the ice dragon (Euron's red eye is bleeding now because his personal power reserve is depleting--his attention isn't wholly on this because he's ya know, bloody eyed) and seals the whole nasty bunch of them in a snow ball.   Yah, I know.   That's why I'm trying to keep it under wraps just now.    Back to trying to figure out which characters those impaled gods represent...

7 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

Don't apologize for anything, there is plenty to get pumped about in all the versions of this disturbing chapter.   Damn straight we need that book like back in March.   

Will it really come down to dragons simply having a big old BBQ?   With this Euron maniac running around, gathering power and aggressively seeking an apocalypse I'm not sure there will be dragons when we need them most.   Remember the end of LOTR?  Magic and the elves ease on down the road and there is peace in the realm...until you get to the last place in middle earth anyone would expect something terrible to have happened?   The Shire was under the dominion-dominion! of bad guys.   Who would want to bugger sweet boring hobbits?  Bastards.    I'm looking for something like that in this as it is looking like Euron is a dirty dirty dog.  I wouldn't mind it if anyone even Euron, can get us into the minds and motives of the Others--Oh please give me an alliance, please.   Since you're all about liberating my manic thoughts try this on: Euron gains this alliance, gains a little ice magic of his very special own and this jackass gives us an ice dragon.  Bran wargs the ice dragon (Euron's red eye is bleeding now because his personal power reserve is depleting--his attention isn't wholly on this because he's ya know, bloody eyed) and seals the whole nasty bunch of them in a snow ball.   Yah, I know.   That's why I'm trying to keep it under wraps just now.    Back to trying to figure out which characters those impaled gods represent...

Lol you want Euron Vs Bran bad and that would be EPIC 

Any ideas on those characters those impaled gods represent? Never even considered that.... That was one of the hardest parts to dissect and interpret. Originally I thought it's kinda like "hey I'm Euron I can bend the world's magic to my will and  even these gods are my pawns no one can stop me" but I can't shake the feeling that Euron breaking one of the big no nos in the book, I understand he has done sadistic stuff to Aeron and others but I mea in universe specific "unwritten laws" and for once in his life Karma will fuck him over. If that line about "I didn't kill him myself (balon) but it was MY hand who pushed him" holds up.

He would piss in the sea after kin slaying (did he touch his brother with greyscale?) 

7 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

Oh and no the dragons will not just melt the others and everyone lives happily ever after. As u pointed out they might not be there when needed most, the dragons could set fire to them (probably) but I doubt they have an appetite for ww or wights, and I do believe they might have some magic or a weapon for those dragons 

23 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

Durran, first off I have read your most recent topic twice and really enjoy the conversation going on over there.   Good job, Man.   And yes, I am aware of the potential importance of Aeron's hallucinations for precisely the reasons you point out.   My hesitation in getting fully on board that train is simply that I don't have a single full or accurate account of this chapter.   I've listened to fan narrations and read easily 4 versions all slightly different.   I'm holding my ticket for GRRM's account is all.  As we are all painfully aware, GRRM can change a single word and it can either confirm or kill a fan theory.  The part of me not replying is trying to piece together similarities between Dany's HOTU visions with Aeron's and trying very very hard not to go back to Dark Sister's most excellent "Euron The Abomination" thread to proclaim in a 72 point bold red font "HELL YES".   This is just caution because I am driving my friends nuts with all my talk of this new chapter.    

As some have already pointed out brilliantly Euron really could be worse than Joffrey, Roose, Ramsay, Tywin, Cersei and all the Freys combined in the story to come.    I think this Bran character is so beautifully crafted he deserves to triumph over an equally terrifying foe. Let the games begin.  

Yeah, I don't expect anyone to drink my Kool-Aid, I just like to make sure they know it is on offer. As for Euron vs. Bran. I like it, it's kind of weird, for this story, but Euron feels like the boss level anime villain, the guy that will transform into a monster for the round two fight after you think you have beaten hi in round one. It will at least be fun.

Lol you want Euron Vs Bran bad and that would be EPIC 

Any ideas on those characters those impaled gods represent? Never even considered that.... That was one of the hardest parts to dissect and interpret. Originally I thought it's kinda like "hey I'm Euron I can bend the world's magic to my will and  even these gods are my pawns no one can stop me" but I can't shake the feeling that Euron breaking one of the big no nos in the book, I understand he has done sadistic stuff to Aeron and others but I mea in universe specific "unwritten laws" and for once in his life Karma will fuck him over. If that line about "I didn't kill him myself (balon) but it was MY hand who pushed him" holds up.

He would piss in the sea after kin slaying (did he touch his brother with greyscale?) 

Ooooh, ooooh...the greyscale.  Damn.  None of the descriptions we have of Euron indicates he's got greyscale.   We even see him butt naked when he attempts to entice Vic to have a shade of the evening after dinner drink with him.   Surely a brother would notice such a thing.  So this is even further telling about Euron's magic or genetic disposition?   Tyrion hasn't got the creeping crud as far as we've been told, so something has made some of the characters immune to it. Perhaps dope and booze are the immunization?   Greyscale plague, get hype!!!   Real good One-eyed, now you have me looking for links between the Others and Stone Men.   

I don't just want Bran-god to put demigod Euron down, I need it.   

My initial reaction to Aeron's 2nd vision was that all those dead gods must represent other characters in the story.   There is discussion about the woman shaped shadow's ID and my own knee jerk pick up was those crazy dwarves again.   If Aeron's dwarves are the same dwarves as Dany's they are people vying for the crown.   Mention of copulation prompted me to think of alliances between these contenders.   Euron just watches this go on for his own amusement it seems.   This is not only validation of Euron being a supreme prick, but indication that he knows who is allied.  In another topic someone mentioned the warlocks were sacrificed, but i've listened to this chapter 10 times and read it 5 and still don't have a clear revelation that the warlocks were among those sacrificed or just murdered in the great boat decor show.   But I do know Falia Flowers pregnant with Euron's own child, Aeron Greyjoy, 3 septons and a red priest were displayed prominently.   The Drowned God is set away from the others impaled on swords.   I figure that has to be Aeron.    I recall 2 of the 7 (gods) are mentioned by name and guess they could be Falia and a septon.   Of course the Rh'llor is there and represented in the mass killing as well.   Then you have the black goat, 3 or 4 other regional gods and the Butterfly God of Naath.    Warning! Warning!  The only Qohori I know of without a mass search is Tobho Mott and the only character from Naath i know of is Missandei.  Then there is the conspicuous omission of mention of the Many-Faced God.  My friend picked up on the forest burning representing the COTF or Old Gods.   When I get a confirmed version of The Forsaken I will apply a real research effort (hopefully my brilliant friends will help because they pick up on great stuff just to shut me up.)   Thus far Euron has committed the crime of kinslaying repeatedly--he's only got a few blood relatives left thanks to his efficiency in this.   (Yes, I did think maybe the Maiden was Asha.)  I'm thinking taking a wizz in the sea is the least of Euron's crimes, but he's definitely challenging all the gods.     There are so many directions we could go with this vision alone. 

21 minutes ago, Durran Durrandon said:

Yeah, I don't expect anyone to drink my Kool-Aid, I just like to make sure they know it is on offer. As for Euron vs. Bran. I like it, it's kind of weird, for this story, but Euron feels like the boss level anime villain, the guy that will transform into a monster for the round two fight after you think you have beaten hi in round one. It will at least be fun.

I laughed out loud reading this.   We are a bunch of sickos, aren't we?  What otherwise sane, responsible and civil-minded group of people sharing a common interest would want to see this and call it fun!   I suddenly don't feel so chaotic neutral anymore.   

1 hour ago, Curled Finger said:

I laughed out loud reading this.   We are a bunch of sickos, aren't we?  What otherwise sane, responsible and civil-minded group of people sharing a common interest would want to see this and call it fun!   I suddenly don't feel so chaotic neutral anymore.   

But I want Bran to win, so that is kind of chaotic neutral. I want the chaos, not for evil to win. Yes, I am entirely missing George's point about war being bad regardless of who wins.

On 11 June 2016 at 2:07 PM, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

Yes Euron might burn lannisport again and raid everywhere on the west coast but he is destined for oldtown like Jon is destined to come back to us... It'll happen

Not the biggest on this theory but Sam Bow practice was for a reason.... But is Euron really going to go down like that!?!?!??? I do like the part about his suit of armor... You might have to shoot his eye lol. It would certainly be hard to find a weak point in his armor with brutes like Lucas Codd around him. (I see Euron as a tywin not a Victarion) Even though Tywin knew it was unlikely he would get anywhere close to combat he still wore his best armor (except giant cloth of gold cloak which was a statement in itself) so did joffery and the king that age prolly isn't gonna see much action (unless they're warriors)

I have many times thought in my head that same thing, is Euron going out like that? The more I think on it though, it is definitely a possibility. GRRM has a soft spot for big Sam Slayer I think and I don't think he's done living up to the name yet. 

Plus with the nods to special armour etc, a vulnerable spot like the eye is a safe bet. 

I do also think Euron would send his men into battle ahead of him but I think he's hungry enough for more glory and will be emboldened by the suit of armour enough to mix it up in Oldtown and put himself in range for an arrow to the dome.

Just theorising though, It's just as possible Euron may well meet some other fate. 

On 12 June 2016 at 2:25 AM, Fredwin said:

How awesome is it that this chapter implies that Euron has the blessing of the drowned while Aeron does not. The Drowned God doesn't care for a faithful servant, only one that can bring him power. He really is the god of the Ironborn.

That shit must be devastating to the Damphair.

4 hours ago, Macgregor of the North said:

That shit must be devastating to the Damphair.

My biggest thought of the whole chapter and that's saying something. Not only is a godless man sitting the Seastone Chair.... A godless man has the drowned god's blessing while sitting the Seastone Chair. Will he survive being tied to the ship? 

44 minutes ago, joluoto2 said:

I think it's quite clear that Euron is up to some dark magic. However I also think it's quite clear that Euron is full of shit and claims to be way more powerful than he actually is.

And I still don't believe he ever was in Valyria.

I've been flip flopping on that since the chapter came out. I used to fully believe Rodrick the reader that he has never set foot in Valyria.... But that suit of armor made me question myself to say the least now I don't have a clue 

11 minutes ago, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

I've been flip flopping on that since the chapter came out. I used to fully believe Rodrick the reader that he has never set foot in Valyria.... But that suit of armor made me question myself to say the least now I don't have a clue 

I don't Think that suit of armor actually is made of Valyrian steel. If Euron can do some magic, it may be glamour.

25 minutes ago, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

My biggest thought of the whole chapter and that's saying something. Not only is a godless man sitting the Seastone Chair.... A godless man has the drowned god's blessing while sitting the Seastone Chair. Will he survive being tied to the ship? 

I don't think just being tied to the prow will kill him. Aeron has swallowed enough salt water in his time and should not be too bothered by a spray of water in his face. It's if the ships clash in battle that may splatter all the priests. 

Or maybe as the ships are sailing the captains may cut them loose to die in the sea, or slit their throats where there tied and cut them loose. I'm not sure. 

But if Aeron is just left tied to the prow with no physical harm apart from water lashing at him, I can see him surviving.

15 minutes ago, joluoto2 said:

I don't Think that suit of armor actually is made of Valyrian steel. If Euron can do some magic, it may be glamour.

I believe the suit is VS. I read no clue that it may be a glamour and think it's quite possible he has acquired it somewhere. It of course doesn't confirm he has actually set foot in Valyria though so I'm not sold on that yet. 

Basically, I think at this point it is VS but also, if it turned out to be a glamour I wouldn't be surprised either. 

Archived