Tower of Joy?

11 hours ago, BIG_SUGE_DADDY said:

My bet is they do his through out the episode but the last scene of the episode will the the TOJ reveal or at least a part of it (just show a baby and LS covered in blood maybe but leave us still with some questions) and then episode 10 won't show anymore of the north or Jon and still leave us with those questions over the next 12 months until season 7 the bastards!!!

Haha, probably!! I wish they'd just tell us already!! Dammit. 

I wish they hadn't teased the TOJ so early in the season (episode 3?). I'd have preferred the tease and the reveal to be a bit closer, maybe a 2 episode split. Folks that just watch the show but haven't read the books or been involved in forums like this have prob'ly forgotten the tease by now. The meeting with Lyanna may seem out of context to them.

11 minutes ago, Rory Snow said:

I wish they hadn't teased the TOJ so early in the season (episode 3?). I'd have preferred the tease and the reveal to be a bit closer, maybe a 2 episode split. Folks that just watch the show but haven't read the books or been involved in forums like this have prob'ly forgotten the tease by now. The meeting with Lyanna may seem out of context to them.

I tend to agree.

We havent seen Bran since what episode 6?

Waiting for E10 to show R+L=J is just crazy, but hey.  At this point i wont be surprised if they dont even do the reveal this season.

17 hours ago, Eli Stark said:

Neil Patrick Harris?  Winter is.. wait for it...

Hahahaha this though.

I agree with everyone who thinks the reveal/return to TOJ would make sense for this episode for both narrative and generally logical reasons, but the fact that TOJ wasn't teased in the preview makes me think it won't be until ep 10. Generally the previews try to touch on all the things that will get people excited, etc, and we all know TOJ stuff gets everyone riled, so it doesn't make sense to me that they'd leave it out if they were going there. TOJ was in the ep 3 preview and that wasn't even the Big Reveal, as it were, so I think they'll really try to capitalize on the excitement so.... guessing we won't go there until the finale. Sadly.  

18 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

Is this book foreshadowing in the house of the undying visions???  Could you give me some details?  I'd like to look that up?

If you are referring to Daenerys going to a knee, painfully, it is DwD.  A stone (hidden identity) turned under her foot, forcing her painfully to her knee.  The grass (and she) is bowing low to Drogon (the dragon). 

Anyway, i think in the show it's much less a big deal then in the books. When John will find out in the show, i don't even think he cares so much, don't even think that he wants to rule the 7 Kingdoms. He was raised a Stark and he probably feels like one...

3 hours ago, Count Winter said:

Anyway, i think in the show it's much less a big deal then in the books. When John will find out in the show, i don't even think he cares so much, don't even think that he wants to rule the 7 Kingdoms. He was raised a Stark and he probably feels like one...

I actually agree somewhat.  I think it'll play a role in the series, but I don't think it'll be nearly as big of a deal as it will be in the books.

I do think he'll care in the show, but I don't see him changing anything about his Stark-ness and ruling the North.  Somehow it will be the catalyst for him teaming up with Dany, IMO.

47 minutes ago, SevasTra82 said:

I do think he'll care in the show, but I don't see him changing anything about his Stark-ness and ruling the North.  Somehow it will be the catalyst for him teaming up with Dany, IMO.

It's going to be the thing that gets him on the back of a dragon to fight the White Walkers, and maybe marrying his Aunt Dany

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 10:30 PM, Smoke317 said:

I still find it odd that George only asked D&D to guess Jon's mother...  Why not his father as well???  Isn't his father (if R+L=J is true) more important?  

I don't find it odd at all.

Ask who Jon's father is and someone who hasn't really read the books would say it's Ned. Simple. Of course, asking the question could create doubt in the answerer's mind and cause the answerer to doubt it's Ned. And that could prompt the answer through an immediate thought process.

Ask who Jon's mother is and someone who hasn't read the books wouldn't know. Anyone who's read the books superficially might say Wylla or the fisherman's wife. Saying it's Lyanna implicitly means that you believe the father isn't Ned - because incest is bad, right?

Besides, the books imply heavily that Lyanna is Jon's mother. They're less clear as to who the father is, although the implication is that it's Rhaegar. But it could be someone else, Aerys for example.

P.S. If there's going to be an episode all about Jon, then I'd be really surprised if it's episode 10. Focusing the last episode of the series on one of the storylines? That would be a brave move, when the traditional approach would be to set up the teasers for the next series.

I guess I'd be quite impressed, though...

5 hours ago, Count Winter said:

Interesting.

I actually don't think he'll care much in the books. Maester Aemon's lesson will have been a powerful one.

Whereas the meetings with the northern Houses - trying to amass an army - in the show will have taught him that he'll need more than Jon Snow to achieve what he needs to achieve. With the war against the White Walkers to come, perhaps he'll perceive that having command over the Seven Kingdoms would be the only chance he has of saving humanity.

On June 14, 2016 at 3:48 PM, facelessaryas said:

I read in the Jon Snow interview with Entertainment Weekly that there is one episode all about Jon. It has to be this one. Do we get the Tower of Joy this week?!?!

I have this hope/dream that as the fighting is going on at Winterfell, that they cut back and forth to Bran finally going back to the Tower and maybe with Benjen's help, Bran finds out about Jon and his destiny. I think it could be very cool. What do you think?

It won't happen in this episode. I say that simply because the actor who plays young Ned stark has not been cast to appear in this episode but in episode 10. It'll be finished in that episode. But if it were to be done in this episode it would make for amazing drama and suspense for those who understand what's going on. 

On June 14, 2016 at 7:58 PM, Wyman Manderly's Meat Pies said:

Jon has Ramsay on his knees after the battle. He's taunting Jon as Snow. This cuts back and forth to Ned ascending the Tower. Manderly and other Lords proclaim him Jon Stark and he beheads Ramsay, framed exactly like Ned beheading Will in the pilot.  We cut to "Promise me Ned." with a baby Jon reveal. Ned see's a Targ marriage cloak and she dies with Jon Targaryen in her arms. The reveal that he is Rhaegars trueborn son comes just moments after he is declared a Stark. I think it'd have some nice duality. 

This would be cinematically incredible to see. 

14 minutes ago, CQCStargaryen said:

It won't happen in this episode. I say that simply because the actor who plays young Ned stark has not been cast to appear in this episode but in episode 10. It'll be finished in that episode. But if it were to be done in this episode it would make for amazing drama and suspense for those who understand what's going on. 

Episode 9 could be all about Jon, but the reveal could just be done at the end of episode 10!

I do think he'll care. Being a bastard has always ate at him. When people call him a bastard, you can see how much it bothers him. He wanted so much to be a real part of the Stark family, not just someone who is kinda related because Ned broke his vows one night. I think it will mean a great deal to him when he finds out the lengths Ned and possibly others have went to, to keep him safe. The shame that Ned brought on himself and Catelyn is a big deal, just to keep Jon safe. It's so sad Ned will never get the chance to tell Jon, Catelyn and the rest of his family himself. Ned would be so proud of Jon and the man he's become. 

On a side note, I wonder what Sansa will think when she finds out? Will Jon have a bigger claim to Winterfell? Will Sansa be jealous? 

3 minutes ago, BIG_SUGE_DADDY said:

Episode 9 could be all about Jon, but the reveal could just be done at the end of episode 10!

That's what I think will happen. Episode 9 will mostly be the battle and the immediate aftermath of it. The TOJ (according to the Reddit spoilers) occurs when Bran reaches the Wall. That happens in episode 10. But I imagine they will imply that Jon is the child in the scene because Jon is supposed to appear IMMEDIATELY after the TOJ scene. However, I don't think it will be explicitly stated or revealed (if it ever is) until season 7. 

On Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 3:37 PM, Lord LittleDragon said:

I think it would be cool if Howland Reed shows up and gives him the news about his birth, that is doable as Reed would definitely support him in the battle.

Howland Reed<----------F&CK THIS GUY

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 7:00 AM, Xarkar said:

I tend to agree.

We havent seen Bran since what episode 6?

Waiting for E10 to show R+L=J is just crazy, but hey.  At this point i wont be surprised if they dont even do the reveal this season.

I suspect the episode 10 finale will be Daenerys landing on Westeros. Tower of Joy won't be revealed until near the end of next season IMO.

28 minutes ago, tugela said:

Lol...Howland Reed and his frog spear will save the day!!

Yeah, I am so sick of people saying how cool its going to be when he shows up.  Yeah, two of his liege lords are murdrered, his kids go off on a Mission Impossible, and he sits on his ass with the knowledge of Jon's true parentage and the fact Robb legitimized Jon.  Also, he can't seem to spare one swinging dick to go meet Dany.  Yeah, he the man.    Oh wait.......he might be playing High Septon.  Well, that makes it okay.

Archived