Frey/Lannister wedding

OtusUmbra

This is very interesting bc I had assumed riverrun, but why would walder Frey leave the twins to get married there? This talk of his new wife made me assume it was a wedding but a feast seems equally likely. 

Why is jaime there in that case? His character motivations have been all over the place in the last few seasons I don't really understand why he says or does anything in the show now.

Is the BwoB/Hound theory the most logical one for everyone? I must even admit it would be skipping several steps to introduce LSH and have her show up at the twins on the same episode. Surely Arya would need a few scenes showing her arrival and how she learned of this shindig at the twins?

Don't get how the hound and BwoB will have much of an impact doling out justice at the twins, the audience barely knows them and their connection to it all isn't that strong. Who else could it be though?

I def understand LSH being nixed in favor of a streamlined story but why involve riverrun/bwob at all. Really interesting to see where they might go with it.

I don't think there has been enough story development to justify having the BWB being involved with the Freys; viewers would struggle to make any connection. Walder will be a dish served up to the Starks -- though it remains to be seen when that is and who wields the proverbial dagger. The easy guess is Arya because there has to be some payoff for her (long) journey. 

It wouldn't shock me if episode 10 just deals with the Freys finding out about the fall of the Boltons and the resurgence of the Starks. That'd give a bit more over to next season for the reunification of the north. But if they wanted to wrap it up this season, then yeah, Arya with the poison in the dining hall would make most sense.

Just had a little idea....

Arya will kill Walder Freys new bride, wear her face to the wedding & then take him out Merryn Trant style in front of shocked guests.

I'd prefer to see the Direwolves as Arya psychopathic murderer & super healer has been done but hey ho. D&D will want to shock but it's not working anymore.

Fingers crossed for the Direwolves :)

Here is a little tasty scenario, but I have no expectations that it would ever really happen.

- Freys and Lannisters led by Jamie are celebrating both a victory and a wedding of a Frey. Everybody is eating and drinking and Rains of Castamere playing.

- We see that somebody drops something to Jamies glass, and he drinks it.

- Suddenly everybody around Jamie starts convulsing and dying, Jamies looks at them in horror but has no symptoms, because the "something" was antidote to the poison in the food.

- Arya revels herself from a distance and tells Jamie to bring her regards to Cercei, and tell that her time is coming.

- Jamie is the only survivor of the wedding, scene ends. 

7 minutes ago, Black Prince said:

I don't think there has been enough story development to justify having the BWB being involved with the Freys; viewers would struggle to make any connection. Walder will be a dish served up to the Starks -- though it remains to be seen when that is and who wields the proverbial dagger. The easy guess is Arya because there has to be some payoff for her (long) journey. 

It wouldn't shock me if episode 10 just deals with the Freys finding out about the fall of the Boltons and the resurgence of the Starks. That'd give a bit more over to next season for the reunification of the north. But if they wanted to wrap it up this season, then yeah, Arya with the poison in the dining hall would make most sense.

100% agree I would rather it not be resolved than done hastily with skipped steps. If Arya doesn't dish out justice I wonder what her arc conclusion could be? 

2 minutes ago, Peter Haroski said:

Here is a little tasty scenario, but I have no expectations that it would ever really happen.

- Freys and Lannisters led by Jamie are celebrating both a victory and a wedding of a Frey. Everybody is eating and drinking and Rains of Castamere playing.

- Suddenly everybody around Jamie starts convulsing and dying, Jamies looks at them in horror but has no symptoms

- Arya revels herself from a distance and tells Jamie to bring her regards to Cercei, and tell that her time is coming.

- Jamie is only survivor of the weddings, scene ends. 

This would be great as Jaime was very callous about the red wedding talking to Edmure about it. This would put him in the same horrified survivors guilt boat

4 hours ago, Xarkar said:

A few things do not make sense from the scene though.

1.  Jamie made it clear he was headed straight back to Cersei as soon as he took Riverrun.  The Twins are further north.  He wouldnt go there unless.  A) Cersei has burned KL down?   B.)  Jamie isnt there but his soldiers are C) it isnt the twins (cant see Walder sitting at the head of the table anywhere but the twins).    So my problem is why would Jamie go north to begin with unless he made some deal with Edmure or Bronn that will end the Freys reign?

2. I dont see Jamie in any of the pics.

3. Who exactly are the Freys & Lannisters "sending their regards to"   The Tullys?  That doesnt make much sense they already won that fight...  Is there another house at the feast?    Maybe they execute Edmure?  he has a son, and they have the castle.

I could see Walder telling Jaime about the Red Wedding and telling him how when Roose killed Robb he said Jaime Lannister sends his regards.

In the books Jaime demands the prisoners the Freys took at the Red Wedding be sent to Kings Landing, maybe the show just has him go there to do it in person.

As for this event being spoiled, that seems very unlikely, there is just too many men, the bwb don't have the numbers.  The only force that could realistically show up with the #'s to take the Twins would be the Vale's army under LF.  I say realistically but obviously there is nothing realistic about the Vale army this season.

14 minutes ago, Peter Haroski said:

- Suddenly everybody around Jamie starts convulsing and dying, Jamies looks at them in horror but has no symptoms, because the "something" was antidote to the poison in the food.

- Jamie is the only survivor of the wedding, scene ends. 

I love it!

Of course it would be wondered how Arya found so much poison for the entire room but those little details don't seem to matter in the show.

Great deviation from previously viewed bloodthirsty, eye gauging Arya and show character development to leave Jaimie (or not).

I hope she spares Roslyn & the baby though :(

RIP Fat Walda- Not all Freys are bad.

I heard speculation that jamie might have brokered a deal with walder frey to marry off bronn & a frey daughter. don't know if that's likely. I mean, jamie had promised bronn a bigger castle and a better wife... but I'm not sure walder would accept a deal where bronn becomes lord of riverrun instead of one of walder's sons. it's an idea, though.

45 minutes ago, Maíra Mendes Galvão said:

I heard speculation that jamie might have brokered a deal with walder frey to marry off bronn & a frey daughter. don't know if that's likely. I mean, jamie had promised bronn a bigger castle and a better wife... but I'm not sure walder would accept a deal where bronn becomes lord of riverrun instead of one of walder's sons. it's an idea, though.

If that is the case, he could be giving Bronn Riverrun.

1 hour ago, Count Winter said:

Can't imagine Arya showing up all of a sudden. Think we will see the Hound and BwB spoiling the party. Otherwise it would't make any sense introducing them again. 

Not quite sure how they can break into the twins and then even expect to do much damage?

8 hours ago, Jon Snow Bengal said:

I'd like to see the Direwolves but D&D seem to not like working with dogs or cats for that matter. Please prove me wrong :)

Arya? I've had enough of her for a season. LSH? Given up.

Most logical is the the BwoB which is kinda boring and predictable, especially compared to NYMERIAS PACK!!

Some of the Freys are nice, RIP Fat Walda.

What will happen to Roslyn & also Edmures baby?

Is fat walda nice in the books? In the show, she didn't do anything, neither bad nor good

6 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

Looks like a triumph of illogicality, plotholes and logistical nonsense. I can see Arya and the Hound somehow combining to mess up the party. What the hell Jaime's doing there - because!

Well, Anthony can happen in the show. At first i thought the Hound and the BwB would show up but 

6 hours ago, of man and wolf said:

Not quite sure how they can break into the twins and then even expect to do much damage?

I agree with that. Wouldn't make much sense. They are not that involved with the Freys that they will try something risky like that. Back to Arya then?

13 hours ago, Jon Snow Bengal said:

Just had a little idea....

Arya will kill Walder Freys new bride, wear her face to the wedding & then take him out Merryn Trant style in front of shocked guests.

I'd prefer to see the Direwolves as Arya psychopathic murderer & super healer has been done but hey ho. D&D will want to shock but it's not working anymore.

Fingers crossed for the Direwolves :)

I like that except she wont go all 'murder murder' in front of people. She does it at the Bedding!

The Red Bedding it shall be!!

Old man Walder gets ready to taste that Peach and Arya does her stuff, leaves a big ol' mess that horrifies all that see it.

I think he Is there because there is a celebration about taking Riverrun.  If it's a wedding, it's for Bronn.  I don't know what the end result will be, but am I the only one that thought Jamie was getting jabbed a lot about me an oathbreaker and Kingslayer in episode 8.  Maybe that will lead him to do something, and maybe we'll see some redemption

Archived