[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussions - First We Take King's Landing Edition

Ran

Season 3 finale: "It's from Maester Aemon of the Night's Watch, their lord commander is dead. Took a ranging party north and never made it back." - Davos

Season 6 finale: "LOL what? The lord commander is dead? That's news to us!" - maester from the citadel, source of all knowledge in westeros

2 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Well, this is the show, so sense is not always involved but Bran is the real King and he is probably going to come back next season.

This is true. Trying to make sense of this narrative disaster is futile at this point.

2 minutes ago, LazyBazooka said:

Season 3 finale: "It's from Maester Aemon of the Night's Watch, their lord commander is dead. Took a ranging party north and never made it back." - Davos

Season 6 finale: "LOL what? The lord commander is dead? That's news to us!" - maester from the citadel, source of all knowledge in westeros

I completely forgot about that (apparently the writers did too). That makes that scene so much worst than it already was.

2 minutes ago, LazyBazooka said:

Yeah, I forgot about that. Good catch.

2 minutes ago, Kaiden019 said:

Also we have all this talk of the Stark's taking back their home, and they even call Jon "The White Wolf", but Ghost is still nowhere to be seen. He is the literal representation of the Stark house. Fuck your dragons, give us wolves.

I hate how Jon is OK with Sansa getting hundreds of his loyal men killed. He's just like, "It's alright kid. Just do better next time". She is basically a traitor for keeping secrets for the war council that could have changed the battle before everyone died. 

Were getting to a point where things happen only to get to the next scene. The show doesn't care about character development like it did in the first three season. It just wants to try and shock you. It doesn't matter how shocked I am. If it doesn't develop the story and characters in a sensible and meaningful way, then why do it?

It's the Checklist Effect.  They have a list of things that have to happen, so they contort their characters and story so that it fits whatever's needed.  Pycelle assassinated, check.  Fire and Blood, check.  Check, check, check.  It's horrible writing.

2 minutes ago, rosehustle1 said:

This is true. Trying to make sense of this narrative disaster is futile at this point.

After last season, off season and the hints this season, I am glad they did not make Sansa wed and bed LF. That is cause for celebration to me.

1 minute ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

After last season, off season and the hints this season, I am glad they did not make Sansa wed and bed LF. That is cause alone for celebration to me.

I can't let them off that easy.  At least she wasn't raped again! yuck.

Sorry.  It makes me so mad what they've done to Sansa.

Just now, The Wull said:

It's the Checklist Effect.  They have a list of things that have to happen, so they contort their characters and story so that it fits whatever's needed.  Pycelle assassinated, check.  Fire and Blood, check.  Check, check, check.  It's horrible writing.

One of the biggest things I have issue with on that check list is Jon's heritage. I don't mind Jon as a Targeryan, but it was done in such a poor manner. Flashbacks? Really? It's such a lazy way to reveal a major plot point. What about Howland Reed? He was there. Why not introduce him and try to write a meaningful conversation between him and Jon. Well that would require actual effort wouldn't it (and paying another actor).

3 minutes ago, LazyBazooka said:

Damn bureaucrats.  Who knew the Citadel was run as poorly as the VA?

What was up with that weird piano score during the whole KL sequence?  Reminded me of the beginning of Star Trek:  Into Darkness.  Cersie is....KHAN!!! 

And, also, a little Godfather.  She should have sat Tommen down and told him "today I settled all family business," then sent him on a "flight" to Vegas.  ...Of course, on second thought, Cersei's move was much more Joey Zasa with the helicopter scene in GF III.

2 minutes ago, rosehustle1 said:

They haven't yet. I wouldn't put it past them.

1 minute ago, The Wull said:

I can't let them off that easy.  At least she wasn't raped again! yuck.

Sorry.  It makes me so mad what they've done to Sansa.

Sansa is one of my top 3 book favorites and the show I have rooted for her too but they have messed her up so bad starting with her "submissive" behavior to the Imp and then the whole rape story was so upsetting. I really, really feared they would humiliate her more with LF but her dialogue with Jon on the ramparts put a lot of that to rest. Her rejection of LF was basically, NO REWARD FOR YOU !

I am cautious though, as off season can have a lot happen where we never see it coming. Look no further than Sansa and the black feather dress coming down the stairs, flirting with LF then the next season, he pimped her out to the Boltons sometime in between season 4-5. Still, though, I am pretty sure he is not gonna "get it" so,  I take satisfaction in that.

I like how Cersi is the only survivor of the Citadel incident and no one questions it. They just make her queen. Especially since she had the most to lose and everyone in the city knew it. Are the common folk that dumb and useless? One moment that are chanting for the faith, but when it explodes and the person who is obviously responsible is made queen, they don't care at all.

One could say "Maybe all the turmoil has died down by then." but as we see, not only is the city still on fire, but Varis made it back to Mareen, most of Westeros has heard the news, and Jamie had enough time to make it back south. The timeline makes no sense at all. The show makes it seem like the events in one area happened yesterday, while the events in another happened months ago. Apparently Sam made it to Oldtown 3 seasons ago because they haven't heard shit yet.

1 minute ago, LazyBazooka said:

Oh yeah, Bronze Yohn is at Winterfell...WHY DOESN'T HE ASK SANSA WHAT REALLY HAPPENED WHEN SHE LEFT WITH LITTLEFINGER?!

I know, Jon knows, that was clarified. Royce was nearly executed because LF lied to Sweet Robin, who is not there. If there was ever a perfect time and opportunity to have him executed, it is now. Now, when Sandor gets there and he will get there, if LF is still there and Jon finds out from him that it was LF that betrayed Ned to Cersei and also probably, coaxed Joff into killing Ned (to silence him from telling the world that LF betrayed him) then LF should be dead. I would expect with only what, 13-14 more episodes left in the entire series, that season 7 will have some deaths, LF should be one of them.

56 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

SO the guy who last week went on a suicidal charge to try and save Rickon will just give up on Bran??????

Jon, you usurper!

16 minutes ago, Winter's Cold said:

At least Cersei is now irredeemable. I don't see how she survives next season.

She, like Bran's voice in the first trailer, They (she, Cersei) has no idea what is coming", Ironically, she and Jaime I think, in the books anyway, are Mad King Arys II's bastards by Joanna Lannister.

In the inside the Episode is just a total worship of St Tyrion. :wacko: Benioff just cannot stop with his intelligence, loyalty, ... 

Archived