[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussions - First We Take King's Landing Edition

Ran

Is this not the KL edition? So best to focus on KL? 

Okay, I do not understand how killing everyone just made Cersei queen? How? Where was Mace? Or is he also dead? Where is the Tyrell army?

1 hour ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

It's the best episode of the season, which if it weren't for all the crap and illogical decisions of everyone up until this point I'd been able to enjoy more.

The KL stuff I still hate though, it's really just another larger scale version of Dorne in episode 1.  Where a woman commits mass murder and hand wave, now she's in charge, even though she is not heir to anything, and everyone goes along with it.

That's not saying much considering the whole season was a shitfest. The KL stuff went on forever and with that awful music. 

Just now, Tijgy said:

Is this not the KL edition? So best to focus on KL? 

Okay, I do not understand how killing everyone just made Cersei queen? How? Where was Mace? Or is he also dead? Where is the Tyrell army?

Mace is dead. He was in the Sept.

So Dany finally meets the Spider, the man who tried to have her killed back in season 1...and he's just standing behind her on a boat, not saying anything. Guess they must've had the awkward as hell formal introduction off-screen.

27 minutes ago, LazyBazooka said:

Season 3 finale: "It's from Maester Aemon of the Night's Watch, their lord commander is dead. Took a ranging party north and never made it back." - Davos

Season 6 finale: "LOL what? The lord commander is dead? That's news to us!" - maester from the citadel, source of all knowledge in westeros

Yeah like I said D&D do not give a shit anymore. All they want is to wrap it up. And the funny part is all the fans and critics are so clueless and don't see this. 

3 minutes ago, teej6 said:

Mace is dead. He was in the Sept.

Which Makes Olenna Lady Tyrell now apparently.  Apparently somehow in this universe when your son gets killed, you take charge.  Good to know.

2 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Any guesses as to how Tommen bites it in the books seeing as he is 5 and if this happens he won't care

the sands snakes are in KL, i forgot their names

one in the council and other with the sparrows

or even varys, after he's done with kevan

So, while Arya was killing at least four people at the Twins, one would think she'd have the ability to free her once-again-imprisoned uncle in the dungeons. 

3 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Any guesses as to how Tommen bites it in the books seeing as he is 5 and if this happens he won't care

Wel,l he's not 5, but, easy:  Cersei kills Ser Pounce, he slits his wrists.

So house tyrell is also sort of dead. And the writers referred to some Cersei & Jaime drama in season 7. Three episodes too late

I like how everyone was soooo sure that we wouldn't see any more Dorne after the first episode, but here we are with "all" of Dorne going into season 7 into the heart of a main storyline. *pun intended. 

Also, I love how everyone was soooo sure we would see the point on Riverrun in this episode. Jaime wasn't even with Walder when Baker Arya sliced his neck like a pie. Ok, that one was awful. 

4 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

So, while Arya was killing at least four people at the Twins, one would think she'd have the ability to free her once-again-imprisoned uncle in the dungeons. 

Arya and Edmure already happened offscreen like weeks ago... If you follow show timeline logic. 

5 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Why is Edmure imprisoned at the Twins again? I thought Jaime promised he would be sent to Casterly Rock and treated well?! Did Jaime intentionally go back on his promise or did D&D just forget what they wrote....AGAIN?

3 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

So house tyrell is also sort of dead. And the writers referred to some Cersei & Jaime drama in season 7. Three episodes too late

It's very ridiculous to think about:  Literally every southern house has no heir in the show:  Baratheons, Martells, Tyrells, and of course it's just the Lannister siblings.  Talk about Breaking the Wheel.

3 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Arya and Edmure already happened offscreen like weeks ago... If you follow show timeline logic. 

So...he tagged along with Varys to Dany's ship or something?

Just now, LazyBazooka said:

Why is Edmure imprisoned at the Twins again? I thought Jaime promised he would be sent to Casterly Rock and treated well?! Did Jaime intentionally go back on his promise or did D&D just forget what they wrote....AGAIN?

Well it's possible I suppose that Jaime teleported him to Casterly Rock on his way to King's Landing.  As long as we're completely ignoring geography and all, might as well.

3 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

This show is so messed up. They know about Bran, they should be looking for him.

Well, Jon effectively said :dunno: to looking for Bran after their near-reunion at Craster's two seasons ago, so at least their inexplicable indifference is consistent!

1 hour ago, Ser Biscuit said:

It's all over for one whole year! Yesssssssssssssss.

This is totally how I feel. I was counting down for the shit show to be over with for the season and now I'm counting down for it to be over with for the series. Only 13 episodes left :cheers:

14 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

This show is so messed up. They know about Bran, they should be looking for him.

The show can't have Bran be close to his living family just yet. I mean, who is going to give us random info dumps next season? 

Archived