Edric Dayne, Why aren't we talking about him?

House Beaudreau

9 minutes ago, OuttaOldtown said:

As I stated, Dany's mistake was allowing any to live and remaining in Meereen. No, I don't think she deserves to die for her connection to slavers bay, nor would anyone else looking at everything objectively..

I said "involved and gets profit from slaver trade" not live in Meereen, I don't understand why it is so difficult for you to understand it. Again does everyone who is involved, like sell and buy slaves, and gets profit, everyone who makes money, from slaver trade has to die? Yes or no?

25 minutes ago, Wall Flower said:

I agree on that last sentiment. Dany is largely reacting to the horrors of slavery while the Grand Masters are the perpetrators of those horrors.

The reality is violence leads to more violence, in this case the greater genocide is the slave culture by quite a lot. I can't be outraged by Dany's reaction to what she saw when I myself am outraged by what she's seen in her travels with the Dothraki and later in SB..

6 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I said "involved and gets profit from slaver trade" not live in Meereen, I don't understand why it is so difficult for you to understand it. Again does everyone who is involved, like sell and buy slaves, and gets profit, everyone who makes money, from slaver trade has to die? Yes or no?

I already said no. You choose to ignore two things I cannot, the genocide connoted by slavers for thousands of years and the fact that Dany is trying to rid the region of slavery, not profit from it..

3 minutes ago, OuttaOldtown said:

Dany is trying to rid the region of slavery, not profit from it..

She makes money from slave trading

“In Astapor the city took a tenth part of the price, each time a slave changed hands,” Missandei told her. “We’ll do the same,” Dany decided. 

so she is basically a slaver.

2 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

She makes money from slave trading

so she is basically a slaver.

If this utter nonsense makes you feel right that's fine and its what Ive come to expect from you, but don't think ill ever buy it..

Some thoughts:

1. Genocide is worse than slavery

2. Genocide wouldn't stop slavery, in this fictional world or elsewhere

3. There are easier and more moral ways to end it.

People get transfixed by slavery's evil and forget that it's at heart a business. To eradicate it, all one must do is raise the cost of conducting that business, and/or make the slavers a better offer. That's how slavery was (mostly) eradicated in the real world. It's not as emotionally satisfying as genocide might be to some, but it's far more effective, and easier, and, I'd argue, more moral as well.

In-universe, it's tricky, because the practice seems so prevalent. But Braavos could leverage their economic power to help end slavery, both by buying and freeing slaves and by pressuring other free cities to abolish the practice. They could also fund the spread of anti-slavery religions like the faith of the seven.

Beyond that, they could quietly interfere with the politics of other slave cities, setting Myr, Tyrosh and Lys against each other, weakening them for an anti-slavery invasion; they could force Pentos to honour its anti-slavery commitments; they could foment rebellion in Volantis; and they could even join forces with Westeros and use military might to end the practice. The Braavosi navy seems capable of blockading Slaver's Bay, for instance; if they eliminate slavery west of Valyria, go to war with the Dothraki and blockade Slaver's Bay they could eliminate the whole thing.

7 minutes ago, OuttaOldtown said:

Oh I see, suddenly killing a slaver is fine once it's her.. 

It's the law she has made after all aren't you the one who said to genocide the people that are involved and make profit from slavery and that their children should die because they are cancer cells? Oh I see your opinion is about common people and not for uber Valyrian a Prince Princess on a white horse dragon. Not hypocritical at all.

If this utter nonsense makes you feel right that's fine and its what Ive come to expect from you, but don't think ill ever buy it..

Sure text is bs because you don't agree with it. 

Just now, Jon's Queen Consort said:

It's the law she has made after all aren't you who said to genocide the people that are involved and make profit from slavery and that their children should die because they are cancer cells? Oh I see your opinion is about common people and not for uber Valyrian a Prince Princess on a white horse dragon. Not hypocritical at all.

You're doing mental gymnastics calling her a slaver while completely excusing the families who profited for generations. And again, ignoring the ones she freed. As I said originally, her big mistake was staying and incorporating herself into the power structure of Meereen. You're the hypocrite & in my opinion deranged for having sympathy for the creatures she crucified..

4 minutes ago, OuttaOldtown said:

You're doing mental gymnastics calling her a slaver

Making money from slavery is what a slaver does.

excusing the families who profited for generations

Utter :bs: I never said that in the books the slavers aren't slavers.

And again, ignoring the ones she freed.

The fact that she had done something good, which by the end of Dance proved a huge disappointment with people wanted to be slaves again. doesn't mean that she should not be judged for her crimes too. One doesn't exclude the other.

You're the hypocrite & in my opinion deranged for having sympathy for the creatures she crucified..

Wow! Nice! Personal attacks. Spock was right. Also you know that personal attacks are not allowed right?

9 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Wow! Nice! Personal attacks. Spock was right. Also you know that personal attacks are not allowed right?

5 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

That is simply vile

5 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

What you say is more and more vile and horrendous, .

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds..

1 minute ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I said "what you say" and you said "You're". Huge difference.

No difference, you called my opinions vile, I called yours deranged. Btw, you brought this up, it's so far off topic, you won't let it go, I'll never give a rip about the dead slavers whose lives you value above the slaves they crucified and the generations of cruelty..

Just now, OuttaOldtown said:

No difference, you called my opinions vile, I called yours deranged. Btw, you brought this up, it's so far off topic, you won't let it go, I'll never give a rip about the dead slavers whose lives you value above the slaves they crucified and the generations of cruelty..

You said 

26 minutes ago, OuttaOldtown said:

You're the hypocrite & in my opinion deranged

So you didn't called my opinions but me. That is personal attack.

14 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

You said 

So you didn't called my opinions but me. That is personal attack.

For what you wrote, report me then, I'm not gonna take back anything. One readers view of the path to glory is another readers view is a road to ruin, we'll never agree on this, I tried to agree to disagree with you but you wanna keep calling my opinion vile..

7 minutes ago, OuttaOldtown said:

For what you wrote, report me then, I'm not gonna take back anything. One readers view of the path to glory is another readers view is a road to ruin, we'll never agree on this, I tried to agree to disagree with you but you wanna keep calling my opinion vile..

And it is vile. Calling children cancer cells and genocide is vile.

Archived