Edric Dayne, Why aren't we talking about him?

House Beaudreau

1 minute ago, The Weirwoods Eyes said:

Indeed, I have never seen anyone have their ideas dismissed based upon comment count. I barely even notice how many most folk have tbh. Of course some number in the tens of thousands, others a handfull, and often the time spent as a member isn't reflected in that.  I've known people with fewer posts than me turn out to have been board members for years longer. Not to mention that you never know if a user is truly a new member or if they have just had to make a new account. 

Exactly, I am active in other forums/groups. I joined about a year ago because I liked a theory so much and had some points to add as further evidence..

1 hour ago, The Weirwoods Eyes said:

Something else that is possible in the story is that Rhaegar isn't even Aerys's son... (Oh God No. I may have just given birth to the next ludicrous "theory" fashion. Cue Is Rhaegar Bonnifer Hasty's son threads springing up all over the internet!)

Sorry, I don't understand: why would Rhaegar be Bonifer Hasty's son?

It may have been brief, but Daenerys possibly being a Dayne, based on her name, is based on text. Martin does love word play in names. Brandon is supported more as a potential lover of Ashara, in the text. Brandon is described as a seducer, and Aerys is described as a rapist of Rhaella's. It is not really possible to know how far the rape went in women around him, in fact it is suggested that he took liberties outside his marriage.

i thought the idea that Arthur Dayne may have had additional motivation to be at the Tower of Joy was interesting. Arthur's actions remain a bit of a puzzle, as do Ashara's. I thought a literary discussion might include possible motivations, since a good writer might not put them out explicitly, but may require reading between the lines, and thus, no quotes may be available.

Edric may or may not be the next Sword of the morning, and there are good opinions discussed here because we can only speculate about what will be written next. It would be odd if Martin went to some lengths to introduce particular swords, and didn't have them claimed for the endgame by someone.

What I don't understand is why people on this forum are pedantic about their favorite theories, don't like plausible speculation, even though the majority of threads invite speculation, but would rather go on and on insulting other people and their theories. Is baiting and insulting as a topic preferable to speculation? I'm just asking, as their has been a lot of flaming on this thread. I would like to know the forum consensus.

If flaming opinions, speculations and literary talent is acceptable, I could do that, too. 

4 minutes ago, Light a wight tonight said:

Aha! Are you implying that it's OK to kill slavers as long as they aren't Dany? 

If you're honestly comparing Dany to the masters of slavers bay then you either have severe reading comprehension skills or you are bias, I'm sure it's a bit of both. Besides, if you execute her you'll have to execute the person who executed her and so on and so on since that's how it work in the fragile eggshell minds of the people who think she committed a war crime..

15 minutes ago, OuttaOldtown said:

If you're honestly comparing Dany to the masters of slavers bay then you either have severe reading comprehension skills or you are bias, I'm sure it's a bit of both. Besides, if you execute her you'll have to execute the person who executed her and so on and so on since that's how it work in the fragile eggshell minds of the people who think she committed a war crime..

Actually, if you re-read my post I don't condone or condemn killing anyone. You're building up a whole strawman argument.

And if you re-read your post you state that I "have severe reading comprehension skills". Possibly you mean deficiencies rather than skills? And it's "biased", not "bias". Cast no aspersions on my skills when yours are lacking.

21 minutes ago, Light a wight tonight said:

Actually, if you re-read my post I don't condone or condemn killing anyone. You're building up a whole strawman argument.

And if you re-read your post you state that I "have severe reading comprehension skills". Possibly you mean deficiencies rather than skills? And it's "biased", not "bias". Cast no aspersions on my skills when yours are lacking.

Wrong, what you're doing is heavily biased fact cherry picking whilst ignoring the big picture. What you're saying is the anti-slavery cultures would view her the same as the masters who have run SB for thousands of years. You're trying to say she's equally guilty and completely disregarding the slaves she's freed and her future intentions. Your premise is weak and worth no more of my time. Your moms making meatloaf, go upstairs..

6 minutes ago, OuttaOldtown said:

slaves she's freed

So someone who kills people is innocent if the same time gives money to charity and helps those who are poor?

future intentions

To bring "Fire and Blood" with dragons and barbarians known for their pillaging and rape culture over innocent people in Westeros?

Your moms making meatloaf, go upstairs..

Why do you feel the need to personally attack people? 

*apply cold water to burnt area*

3 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

So someone who kills people is innocent if the same time gives money to charity and helps those who are poor?

To bring "Fire and Blood" with dragons and barbarians known for their pillaging and rape culture over innocent people in Westeros?

Why do you feel the need to personally attack people? 

*apply cold water to burnt area*

Go cherry picking..

4 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

So everytime someone proves you wrong the best thing that you can do is personally attack the other poster. You are hilarious! :rofl:

Does Benarro preach that she is on the side of the yellow harpies in his speech to the slaves of Volantis? You and your friend make weak points, I'm not wrong by a long shot, the pro-slavery 'powers that be' in Essos do not see it your way..

1 minute ago, OuttaOldtown said:

Does Benarro preach that she is on the side of the yellow harpies in his speech to the slaves of Volantis?

Does he knows that she makes money from people who sell themselves in slavery?

1 minute ago, OuttaOldtown said:

You and your friend make weak points, 

Why do you assume that  Lght a wight tonight is my friend? Just because he happens to point out your inconsistencies?

3 minutes ago, OuttaOldtown said:

, I'm not wrong by a long shot, the pro-slavery 'powers that be' in Essos do not see it your way..

You can know if you are wrong only if you write the books. GRRM is that you?

Again why do you always feel the need to personally attack people who prove you wrong?

7 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Does he knows that she makes money from people who sell themselves in slavery?

Why do you assume that  Lght a wight tonight is my friend? Just because he happens to point out your inconsistencies?

You can know if you are wrong only if you write the books. GRRM is that you?

Again why do you always feel the need to personally attack people who prove you wrong?

It doesn't matter what Benarro stands for, he's trying to start a slave uprising and should it occur it can be traced to Dany. Your points are all driven by an agenda, no I have to point out the glaring flaws in your incredibly weak point. Stop acting holier than thou while you're at it..

Archived