How do you feel about the return of the targaryens?

Future Null Infinity

First, Tywin ordered Elia and the kids killed because he was humiliated by Aerys marrying Rhaegar to Elia, not Cersei.  It was all about him seeking revenge for a preceived slight.  

Second, there were ways to deal with the Targaryen kids and Elia that did not involve killing them.  Emperor Augustus, who was definitely a savvy politician, would take children of defeated enemies as hostages.  Someone like Augustus might have ordered the Targ male children killed but the girls and Elia were much more valuable alive.  Rhanerys could be married to Renly or Joffrey to secure peace.  Even with Aegon it is more complicated than that because Aegon is half-Martell.  The Martell are powerful, rebellious, and rightly ticked off by the Lannisters due to the murder of Elia and her children.  If Tywin had just killed Aerys and Rhaegar, they probably would not give a hoot.  All Tywin did by ordering the murder of Elia and Rhaegar's children is increase the likelihood that was is currently happening would happen.  And all this could be avoided if Tywin had just given the order that Elia and her children were not to be touched.

What Tywin did was something from the reality, the execution of the Romanov family is the lastest example from our world, he wanted to kill the Targ children by fear that some Targ child will grow up and come back for the throne of his father, and he failed and now a royal Targ child is coming haunting his family, from another perspective : he was doing the right thing but he failed

3 hours ago, Adam_Up_Bxtch said:

There has not been a single "good" monarch in this story yet, they all have their faults. Honor in this world won't get you very far and that is another lesson some seem to forget. The Stark's honor bound way doesn't work in the south and this has been shown many times over. Which is why Jon should never become King nor do I think he will. He's Ned Stark 2.0 he'll be dead like a week after being crowned because there will always be ambitious and ruthless schemers in KL who will easily out maneuver him. You pretty much are picking your poison at this point. None of these people are fit to be good rulers on their own, not Daenerys or Jon. none of them. Only by collaborating and uniting their certain skills can these people successfully rule a Kingdom.

:thumbsup:, I like you man, that's the hardest truth of the story, the uselessness of the honor  and the emphasis on the intelligence

9 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Wot? targaryens are boring? they have the best incest parties in all planetos!

In that case count me a targaryen... I would like them to return but just as lords of dragonstone with the best night club in westeros...

Not to power though, a rebellion that ended 300 years of dragonfest just to start again a few decades later?? That has a name: BORING

9 minutes ago, Laughing Storm Reborn said:

Not to power though, a rebellion that ended 300 years of dragonfest just to start again a few decades later?? That has a name: BORING

I blame Illyrio Mopatis for that :D

according to the house of the undying vision, I'm waiting for how much irony Daenerys will face when she will reach KL and find a destroyed Iron throne, she worked relentlessly for years to create the biggest army to face the westerosi and then she will find that are all gone and get KL with no resistance, what a waste of time for her

1 hour ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I blame Illyrio Mopatis for that :D

according to the house of the undying vision, I'm waiting for how much irony Daenerys will face when she will reach KL and find a destroyed Iron throne, she worked relentlessly for years to create the biggest army to face the westerosi and then she will find that are all gone and get KL with no resistance, what a waste of time for her

truthfully, i seriously doubt george is going to finish this like the rebellion was an after-party, the status quo will change just don´t know how...

targs i don´t know, if fans are happy with them in power again fine by me... but if that happens do not keep the baratheons around again, a small part of me wants the bastards to be happy as normal folk and the house to depart as the elfs did in lotr, so that i close the books with my house leaving the story has i am... bittersweet but still sweet :bowdown:

35 minutes ago, Laughing Storm Reborn said:

truthfully, i seriously doubt george is going to finish this like the rebellion was an after-party, the status quo will change just don´t know how...

I agree with you, George don't repeat stories, I highly doubt that any targaryen will sit on the IT and we saw Baratheons and Lannisters on the IT.

Only one remaining house that we didn't see sitting on the IT and it will be them

Only in this fandom, tyrants are preferred to rule over people (shouldn't the Mad King be beloved then?). Only in this fandom, being good-natured and dutiful, wanting to protect and save others (mostly one's own family) is frowned upon and criticised while selfish schemers and ruthless murderers are adored.

Archived