U.S. Politics transition time how Orange became the new black

A Horse Named Stranger

7 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Trump is petulant, whiney, and entitled.  He's narcissistic in the extreme.  His behaviors, twitter included, demonstrate this.  Hence, our concern.

Yeh and I've said many times now that it doesn't scare me any more than any other president. 

This isn't a strawman response.

Just now, Commodore said:

because they want to help people?

See my last of three motivations.  "Wanting to help people" is feeling good about helping.  And you pick and choose who you help.  Again, that is going to distribute funds potentially quite inequitably to causes or individuals that may not be in the most need.  Think about the ice bucket challenge.  ALS is horrible, but it wasn't necessarily the thing that needed the most funding at that moment (mind you, sounds like they have done great things with the money, but in terms of distribution of resources was it the best use)?  There is a sort of "commons" problem with healthcare in the modern world.  We can argue about how we got where we are and whether it was righteous (hint, I don't think it was righteous, and if I could go back a century I would have done things differently), but we are where we are.  From your perspective, what are you willing to fund?  Anything?  What organizations, limitations?  How should charities be monitored?  I know you will say not at all, but how do we achieve transparency into their workings without a government requirement that they are transparent?

Just now, TrackerNeil said:

Also, the uninsured are indeed my problem, and everyone else's...unless of course we propose to let them die untreated. Then there is no problem with the uninsured, because they're dead. 

I thought the second amendment people would take care of them?! 

Side effect, if keeps the NRA folks happy. Well, at least those with an insurance. Or has Lapierre put it: "The only thing that can stop an uninsured guy with a gun, is an insured guy with a gun." 

Trump New World.

2 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

If charity is insufficient to address the problem?

For those that are not covered by the Trump Foundation, there will be Trump Hospital in place. Same business model that brought the plebs quality education at Trump University. It will be the best Doctors, some of them might even turn out to be Medical Doctors. Otherwise those Bible College Degrees do count, or?

Just now, Notone said:

I thought the second amendment people would take care of them?! 

Side effect, if keeps the NRA folks happy. Well, at least those with an insurance. Or has Lapierre put it: "The only thing that can stop an uninsured guy with a gun, is an insured guy with a gun." 

Trump New World.

For those that are not covered by the Trump Foundation, there will be Trump Hospital in place. Same business model that brought the plebs quality education at Trump University. It will be the best Doctors, some of them might even turn out to be Medical Doctors. Otherwise those Bible College Degrees do count, or?

Fun Fact!  Trump hospital exists.  It's off the LIE.  It was funded by his father.  

Archived