Alex Jones (of Infowars Infamy) admits he's a liar

Ser Scot A Ellison

So, either Jones is lying to the Court in his pleadings and his attorney's statements to the Court... or... he's lying to his listeners claiming he sincerely believes the bullshit he spouts.  Either way we know Jones is a liar.

Here's the article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/alex-jones_us_58f60e61e4b0da2ff8632204

From the article:

Jones’ lawyer Randall Wilhite outlined the novel defense, telling those present at a recent pretrial hearing that Jones’ InfoWars persona does not reflect who he is as a person. “He’s playing a character,” Wilhite said. “He is a performance artist.”

Jones himself made a similar claim in early April while facing criticism ― and potential criminal proceedings ― after calling Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) an “archetypal cocksucker” and threatening in an expletive-laden rant to “beat [his] goddamn ass.” Jones later posted a follow-up video describing the comments as “clearly tongue-in-cheek and basically art performance, as I do in my rants, which I admit I do, as a form of art.” 

47 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Well obviously it's an act, otherwise he'd be locked away in a padded cell.

not sure that qualifies him as a liar 

He's lying to his listeners when he claims to be sincere... or... he's lying to the Court when he says he's acting.  It's a lie one way or the other.

5 minutes ago, DunderMifflin said:

Joe Rogan + Alex jones + Eddie "Chem trails" Bravo was one of the greatest things ever on the internet.

It probably was but at the same time I'm afraid to watch it for fear my head would explode.

6 minutes ago, DunderMifflin said:

Joe Rogan + Alex jones + Eddie "Chem trails" Bravo was one of the greatest things ever on the internet.

Yeah, I don't find Jones to be entertaining solo. He's just too disturbing. But when you cut him with some Rogan for comic reaction and commentary, it's pretty damn entertaining. Add scotch and marijuana and the hijinks ensue.

6 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, I don't find Jones to be entertaining solo. He's just too disturbing. But when you cut him with some Rogan for comic reaction and commentary, it's pretty damn entertaining. Add scotch and marijuana and the hijinks ensue.

Couldn't you have just as good hijinks ensue if you cut out the Rogan and Jones part and just went for the scotch and pot?

1 minute ago, Kalbear said:

Couldn't you have just as good hijinks ensue if you cut out the Rogan and Jones part and just went for the scotch and pot?

Absolutely. In this case though, I was sober and the participants of the podcast were engaging in various controlled substances. Sometimes it's almost as much fun to watch inebriated idiots than it is to be an inebriated idiot.

12 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

So, Jones is a comdedian?  It's not his fault people take him at his word?

He's hilarious me. That doesn't make someone a comedian just because you think they are funny. I just wouldn't be shocked if he actually is a super committed comedian living some sort of Alfred Borden Prestige act.

When Jones crashed that Young Turks webcast it was a big win for him because Cenk Uygur and others totally let Jones get to them (unless the entire thing was a set up). If Cenk had instead just started rattling off everything Jones believes and making fun of him he could have turned it into a nice win for TYT. He wouldn't even have had to know exactly what Jones had said he believe, just start spouting off conspiracy theories and most the time you'd be close enough. Devil Reptilian illuminati from beneath the surface of our flat Earth that faked the moon landing, staged 9/11, planned the assassination of JFK who didn't rally die but is secretly living in Argentina along with a 125-year-old Hitler. And all this was prophesized in the Bible and/or Nostradamus. 

Archived