Angel Eyes

A wight Daenerys...

On 15-11-2017 at 3:16 PM, Angel Eyes said:

Would she be fireproof? That’s a scary thought...

Targaryens aren't fireproof, they can sustain hotter temparatures than average people, but they aren't immune to fire in any way. The Pyre in book one where the Dragons were born was a one-time magical thing, nothing more.

TARGARYENS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO FIRE!

The birth of Dany's dragons was unique, magical, wondrous, a miracle. She is called the Unburnt because she walked into the flames and lived. But her brother sure as hell wasn't immune to that molten gold.

GRRM, SSM 1428

3 hours ago, Knekse said:

Do you have any proof of that?

Ending of Season 6 Episode 4: Book of the Stranger, where Daenerys comes out of an inferno unscathed. Butt naked, but unscathed.

Edited by Angel Eyes

Yeah, maybe that was also a one-time magical thing, perhaps it wil happen in the books as well... Dany is with the Dothraki at the end of ADWD. So I don't see that there's any proof that Dany is fire-proof in the show.

On 12/1/2017 at 3:36 AM, Knekse said:

Yeah, maybe that was also a one-time magical thing, perhaps it wil happen in the books as well... Dany is with the Dothraki at the end of ADWD. So I don't see that there's any proof that Dany is fire-proof in the show.

Was it magical?

On 12/8/2017 at 1:03 PM, Angel Eyes said:

Was it magical?

I read that the birth of her dragons in the inferno was a one time magical occurrence because of Mirri sacrificing herself to birth the dragons. But that was for the book, I think the show does portray her as being immune to fire. I remember the scolding bath scene where it didn't bother her.

1 hour ago, Legitimate_Bastard said:

I read that the birth of her dragons in the inferno was a one time magical occurrence because of Mirri sacrificing herself to birth the dragons. But that was for the book, I think the show does portray her as being immune to fire. I remember the scolding bath scene where it didn't bother her.

And what I’m asking is (theoretically) what would happen to Daenerys in the show if she became a wight, since she’s immune to fire?

1 hour ago, Angel Eyes said:

And what I’m asking is (theoretically) what would happen to Daenerys in the show if she became a wight, since she’s immune to fire?

I wonder if her death would kill the fire immunity? I feel like if she did come back as a Wight she would no longer have that immunity, just like living people can heal but wights cannot. But that is just a theory...