Did Rhaegar taste Dornishman's wife?

23 minutes ago, Megorova said:

@The Fattest Leech

Their looks has nothing to do with them being second children, or first, or whatever.

They looked non-Targaryen/Targaryen because of their ancestors.

Reveal hidden contents

"Dominant and Recessive.

Let's say that a child has a mom with brown eyes and dad with blue eyes. Since brown eyes are dominant, the mom can have either one brown (B) and one blue (b) version of an eye color gene or she can have two browns. As geneticists like to say, she can be either Bb or BB.

To make things easier, we will say that she is BB (both genes are the brown version). Since the dad has blue eyes, he has two copies of the recessive blue version. He is bb.

Each parent will pass one copy of their eye color gene to their child. In this case, the mom will always pass B and the dad will always pass b. This means all of their kids will be Bb and have brown eyes. Each child will show the mom's dominant trait.

Now if we flip things around where the father has two brown versions (BB) and the mom has two blue ones (bb), the child will still end up Bb and having brown eyes. It doesn't matter if B came from mom or dad. It only mattered that the child got a B.

I don't want you to think that if one parent shows the dominant trait, all their children will too. They may not. Let me give another eye color example to show you what I mean.

Imagine a mom with one version of the brown and one version of the blue eye color gene. She is Bb and has brown eyes. Dad is bb and has blue eyes.

These are the same eye colors that the parents had in the first example. But the result could turn out very differently.

The kids each have a 50% chance of having mom's brown eyes and a 50% chance of having dad's blue eyes. (This is because mom has a 50% chance of passing her B and a 50% chance of passing her b.) So in this case, the kids can end up with mom's dominant trait or dad's recessive one. Which one is a simple matter of chance.*

And if we take a Bb dad (brown eyes) and a bb mother (blue eyes), there is still a 50% chance for the child to have blue eyes. Again it didn't matter which parent gave which gene version. What was important is that these two gene versions were involved.

This is true for many, many traits besides eye color. But not all of them. Sometimes it matters whether your mom or dad has a dominant trait."

Reveal hidden contents

"In 110 AC Prince Qoren Martell gave his support to the Triarchy in the war against Prince Daemon Targaryen and Lord Corlys Velaryon in the Stepstones.[12][13] Daemon's brother, King Viserys I Targaryen, spoke of wedding his daughter Rhaenyra to the Prince of Dorne as a way of finally uniting the Seven Kingdoms, though ultimately this did not occur.[13] During the Dance of the Dragons, Prince Qoren was contacted by Hand of the King Otto Hightower, but refused the alliance, claiming he'd "sooner sleep with scorpions".[14]

"The daughter of Prince Qoren Martell, Aliandra came young into her seat."

"King Daeron I Targaryen conquered Dorne in 158 AC when the Prince of Dorne bent the knee at the Submission of Sunspear. Rebellion continued until Daeron's death in 161 AC,[15] after which his brother, King Baelor I, travelled to Sunspear and agreed to a peace with House Martell. This included a betrothal between Mariah Martell and Prince Daeron Targaryen.[16] Mariah's brother Maron was Daeron's most important supporter,[17] and upon Daeron's ascension, agreed to join Dorne under Targaryen rule. This became official in 187 AC, when Maron married Daeron's sister Daenerys.[18][19]"

King Daeron I Targaryen (143-161) conquered Dorne in 158 AC when the Prince of Dorne bent the knee at the Submission of Sunspear. We know that prior that Prince of Dorne was Qoren Martell.

After him ruler of Dorne was his daughter Aliandra. She was married with Drazenko Rogare. He died between 129 and 134.

Daeron II Targaryen (153-209) married with Mariah Martell after 161. Their first child Baelor was born in 170, when Daeron was 17 years old. So based on this, looks like he and Mariah married when he turned 16.

Based on dates that we know, it looks like the Prince of Dorne, that has bend the knee to Daeron I in 158, was son of Aliandra, and father of Mariah and Maron Martell (married with Daenerys Targaryen in 187).

Drazenko Rogare was a pure Valyrian. Thus his granddaughter Mariah was carrier of Valyrian genes.

Reveal hidden contents

His parents were Aegon IV and Naerys Targaryen.

His grandparents were Viserys II Targaryen and Larra Rogare.

Parents of Viseys II were Rhaenyra and Daemon Targaryens. And Rogares are the purest Valyrians.

Rhaenyra's parents were Viserys I Targaryen and Aemma Arryn.

Aemma was daughter of Lord Rodrik Arryn and his wife, Princess Daella Targaryen, herself the daughter of King Jaehaerys I Targaryen and his sister-wife Alysanne Targaryen.

Alysanne and Jaehaerys were children of Aenys I Targaryen and Alyssa Velaryon.

Aenys I was son of Rhaenys and Aegon I Targaryen.

Alyssa Velaryon was a Valyrian, with silvery hair and purple eyes.

Out of 8 generations of Daeron II ancestors, only one person out of them were not a Valyrian - his great great great grandfather Rodrik Arryn. Though even if he was a carrier of dark color B genes, he didn't passed them to his daughter Aemma. Or even if he did, in next generation they weren't transferred, because Aemma's daughter Rhaenyra had purely Valyrian looks. "Rhaenyra had her family's Valyrian looks, wearing her silver-gold hair in a long braid in the manner of Aegon I's warrior wife, Visenya"

So it's absolutely definite that Daeron II was pure 100% bb - carrier of pure Valyrian genes, light hair color, and light (blue/indigo/purple/violet) eye color.

So your theory about looks of second children is wrong.

Except, GRRM has created his own genetic code, as he has done in his many sci-fi stories of past. (He considers there to be almost no difference between sci-fi and fantasy besides the "furniture". What is a ray gun in one story is sword in another). Genetic manipulation is a favorite subplot to this author's work. Another reason why we know that George created his own code for his own story is if he was following real world code, Daenerys would literally look like this

4 hours ago, maudisdottir said:

I don't know why everyone is so stuck on the Dornishman's wife also being Dornish. The song doesn't say that - it was her husband who was Dornish, she could have been from anywhere.

The Dornishman's wife doesn't have to be Dornish, but as shown in this thread, the tricksy author has tactfully hidden multiple possabilities in each of his songs. Lost Melnibonean links it to Abels' fate, Shadowcat Rivers points out how it is a metaphor, and then it is also playing out again in current history, just with a twist, Very little is literal. Just like there are multiple candidates for Night's King archetype, Bloodstone Emperor archetype, AA reborn archetype, etc. A few can fit the bill and all it seems we are doing is trying to decode who and why.

7 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Except, GRRM has created his own genetic code

And so far his genetic coding is the same as in real world.

1. 3 Baratheon brothers, and their children - Shireen and all Robert's bastards had Baratheon brand looks - dark hair and dark blue eyes.

2. Edric Storm has large ears, typical for Florent family of his mother, and jet-black hair and deep blue eyes of his father.

3. Jon has dark hair and grey eyes of his mother Lyanna.

4. Daughter of Elia inherited her dark hair.

Aside from what GRRM said about Rhaenys looking more like Martell, and Aegon more like a Targaryen, we don't know actual hair or eye color of little Aegon. We know that his father was carrier of pure light color genes bb. Both of Rhaegar's parents had brand Valyrian looks, thus they were definitely a carriers of bb genes. Though we don't know about Elia's parents, or grandparents. Could be that she was a carrier of Bb, B from her Martell ancestors, and b from her non-Martell ancestors. So if Elia was 1B2b, and Rhaegar was 3b4b, then their daughter Rhaenys was 1B3b, and their son Aegon was 2b4b. 

5. Lannisters brand looks.

6. Starks and Tully's brand looks.

7. Inherited brand looks of Targaryens and other Valyrians.

Is there any examples in ASOIAF world, that show that GRRM's model, is different from real world's genetic model of inherited looks, and other traits (for example like Targaryen's madness)?

Is there any examples in ASOIAF world, that show that GRRM's model, is different from real world's genetic model of inherited looks, and other traits (for example like Targaryen's madness)?

Well, aside from there being actual chimeras, dragon blood infused people, squishers, whatever is going on down in Sothoryos, human-CotF hybrids, the endless generations of family looking near exactly the same (for literary purposes), and the literary need to hide certain blessed ones in plain site, I can’t think of any genetic manipulation the author has done to suit his own needs for his story. 

28 minutes ago, Megorova said:

Curious, what would you say about Craster? Wouldn’t he have deformed children?

1 hour ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Well, aside from there being actual chimeras, dragon blood infused people, squishers, whatever is going on down in Sothoryos, human-CotF hybrids, the endless generations of family looking near exactly the same (for literary purposes), and the literary need to hide certain blessed ones in plain site, I can’t think of any genetic manipulation the author has done to suit his own needs for his story. 

Squishers is real, you know. They are Borrells, who actually have real world counterparts but I can't name the syndromes right now.

13 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Squishers is real, you know. They are Borrells, who actually have real world counterparts but I can't name the syndromes right now.

I can’t remember all of the squisher details at the moment myself (running errands), but yeah, some genetic condition about webbed hands and feet... and gills? Maybe misremembering that last one. 

3 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I can’t remember all of the squisher details at the moment myself (running errands), but yeah, some genetic condition about webbed hands and feet... and gills? Maybe misremembering that last one. 

Of course some of it are additions  but this is what current Lord Borrell looks like

The lord fingered the ribbon, frowning at the seals. He was an ugly man, big and fleshy, with an oarsman's thick shoulders and no neck. Coarse grey stubble, going white in patches, covered his cheeks and chin. Above a massive shelf of brow he was bald. His nose was lumpy and red with broken veins, his lips thick, and he had a sort of webbing between the three middle fingers of his right hand. Davos had heard that some of the lords of the Three Sisters had webbed hands and feet, but he had always put that down as just another sailor's story.

49 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

We don't know how exactly Targaryens are connected with dragons, but they have normal human blood, and not black smocking blood of the dragons.

Chimeras and squishers are just fairy tales, made up by superstitious smallfolk.

Human-CotF hybrids are actually affirmations of the possibility, that GRRM is using same model as in real world. Our world examples of spieces crossbreading: liger (male lion + female tiger), tigon (female lion + male tiger), mule (male donkey + female horse), hinny (male horse + female donkey), perlin (peregrine falcon + merlin).

And what is going on in Sothoryos, has nothing to do with genetics of human species of Planetos. Targaryens are humans, same as other Valyrians, and First Men, and Andals, and Dothraki. While giants and CotF are not just different race of humans, they are a different spieces. And looks like inhabitants of Sothoryos are also not humans. And also could be that Winged Men from eastern Essos, that according to legends "said to have leather wings and to be able to fly like eagles.", could be that their "wings" are just artificial devices, same as wings constructed by Leonardo da Vinci. Or maybe those flying men are just legends. Fictional. Not all legends are real.

I was asking about actual characters of ASOIAF, present in the books, not some mythycal legendary nonexistent creatures. Is there a character in ASOIAF whose looks prove, that GRRM's genetic model is any different from real world's genetic model?

29 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

In our world there are also people with webbed hands and feet. It is called syndactyly.

Those people are not descendants or mixes with mermaids. It's just a genetic mutation, anomaly.

1 hour ago, Megorova said:

We don't know how exactly Targaryens are connected with dragons, but they have normal human blood, and not black smocking blood of the dragons.

Chimeras and squishers are just fairy tales, made up by superstitious smallfolk.

Human-CotF hybrids are actually affirmations of the possibility, that GRRM is using same model as in real world. Our world examples of spieces crossbreading: liger (male lion + female tiger), tigon (female lion + male tiger), mule (male donkey + female horse), hinny (male horse + female donkey), perlin (peregrine falcon + merlin).

And what is going on in Sothoryos, has nothing to do with genetics of human species of Planetos. Targaryens are humans, same as other Valyrians, and First Men, and Andals, and Dothraki. While giants and CotF are not just different race of humans, they are a different spieces. And looks like inhabitants of Sothoryos are also not humans. And also could be that Winged Men from eastern Essos, that according to legends "said to have leather wings and to be able to fly like eagles.", could be that their "wings" are just artificial devices, same as wings constructed by Leonardo da Vinci. Or maybe those flying men are just legends. Fictional. Not all legends are real.

I was asking about actual characters of ASOIAF, present in the books, not some mythycal legendary nonexistent creatures. Is there a character in ASOIAF whose looks prove, that GRRM's genetic model is any different from real world's genetic model?

I’m sure much of what we know is, in fact, tales. Winged men being skinchangers, as an example. But there is more than one side to this debate. 

If you haven’t done so already, you should familiarize yourself with our illustrious author and his own preferred repeating themes. And he has been on many an interview and explained that he only knows the same general knowledge to info like genetics that we paupers do. He is not spending hours and days and weeks hunting down nitpick real world genetics to make his imaginary world real. Just the same as he says he does with real world history. None of it is a direct one to one comparison. He takes the basis of it and puts his own spin on it and changes the end result to make it his. 

You seem awfully sure of yourself about Targs and dragons. Can you back that up? 

And what you are trying to describe is genetic manipulation, especially in your Liger example. And you assume he stops there? Why? 

What do you think a chimera is? You don’t see that in story? 

Sothoryos is on Planetos. Genetic anomalies don’t stop at the borders. 

Im sure ice people have something to do with this as well. 

So, while this has been fun, it’s way off topic. 

20 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:
21 hours ago, Megorova said:

In our world there are also people with webbed hands and feet. It is called syndactyly.

Those people are not descendants or mixes with mermaids. It's just a genetic mutation, anomaly.

Ok 

By "Those people" I meant people in our world, that have syndactyly.

You seem awfully sure of yourself about Targs and dragons. Can you back that up? 

If Targaryens' blood was unusual, it would have been said by someone in ASOIAF. But so far there is nothing that indicates that their blood wasn't red.

And none of Targaryens had dragon traits or physical anomalies, that indicate that they are some sort of a crossbreed between humans and dragons.

Dany never saw her supposedly dead son, that supposedly looked like a dragonspawn. 

AGOT, 68:

" “Tell me how my child died.”

“He never lived, my princess. The women say…” He faltered, and Dany saw how the flesh hung loose on him, and the way he limped when he moved.

“Tell me. Tell me what the women say.”

He turned his face away. His eyes were haunted. “They say the child was…”

She waited, but Ser Jorah could not say it. His face grew dark with shame. He looked half a corpse himself.

“Monstrous,” Mirri Maz Duur finished for him. The knight was a powerful man, yet Dany understood in that moment that the maegi was stronger, and crueler, and infinitely more dangerous. “Twisted. I drew him forth myself. He was scaled like a lizard, blind, with the stub of a tail and small leather wings like the wings of a bat. When I touched him, the flesh sloughed off the bone, and inside he was full of graveworms and the stink of corruption. He had been dead for years.

Darkness, Dany thought. The terrible darkness sweeping up behind to devour her. If she looked back she was lost. “My son was alive and strong when Ser Jorah carried me into this tent,” she said. “I could feel him kicking, fighting to be born.

That may be as it may be,” answered Mirri Maz Duur, “yet the creature that came forth from your womb was as I said. Death was in that tent, Khaleesi.”

“Only shadows,” Ser Jorah husked, but Dany could hear the doubt in his voice.I saw, maegi. I saw you, alone, dancing with the shadows.

“The grave casts long shadows, Iron Lord,” Mirri said. “Long and dark, and in the end no light can hold them back.”

Ser Jorah had killed her son, Dany knew. He had done what he did for love and loyalty, yet he had carried her into a place no living man should go and fed her baby to the darkness. He knew it too; the grey face, the hollow eyes, the limp. “The shadows have touched you too, Ser Jorah,” she told him. The knight made no reply. Dany turned to the godswife. “You warned me that only death could pay for life. I thought you meant the horse.”

“No,” Mirri Maz Duur said. “That was a lie you told yourself. You knew the price.” "

It's obvious that Mirri Maz Duur kidnapped Dany's baby, and gave him to someone. And it was a totally normal human baby. And all that lies, about him being some sort of monster, is just a cover up story to explain his disapearance.

It's like - she touched the baby, and it turned into butterfyes, and they flew away, the baby magically disapeared - :bs:

There was someone involved besides Mirri. Someone who used magic, to come into that tent, unseen by others. Mirri gave the baby to... probably her -> Quaithe.

So there is absolutely nothing that indicates, that Targaryens' bond with dragons is based on natural biology, rather it's something spiritual or pre-programmed. Seems more likely, that dragons were genetically modified, to obey to certain people and their descendants.

Most likely first dragons, and their original masters were aliens, that came to Planetos on giant spaceship:

"in Qarth, tales state dragons came from a second moon in the sky, which was scalded by the sun and cracked like an egg, and a million dragons poured forth. In Asshai, however, there are many tales - some impossibly ancient - which claim that dragons first appeared on the Shadow Lands and a people so ancient they have no name first tamed these dragons, brought them to Valyria and taught the Valyrians their arts before departing from the annals of history."

Second moon in the sky is a giant spaceship. People that brought dragons to Planetos, and taught Valyrians how to control them, were aliens that also came on that spaceship. And later they probably either became extinct, or eventually interbreeded with original inhabitants of Planetos. Shadow Lands near Asshai, are covered by a shadow casted by that spaceship, that is hanging in the sky in a stealth mode, invisible. Ghost grass that grows in Shadow Lands, is a mutant plant, affected by some sort of radiation, emanating from that ship. Anomalities in seasons change in Planetos, are caused by terraforming climate control device, that is still working on that spaceship. And nearly all magic in Planetos, is actually some sort of bio-technology of ancient aliens. The most developed "magic" are practiced by people, that live close to the Shadow. That's Planetos' version of Roswell's Area 51. Based on their ship being "scalded by the sun and cracked like an egg", probably their arrival to Planetos was result of an emergency. Their ship was broken, so they had to come to nearest inhabitable planet. And after that they were unable to leave, their ship was too damaged. Probably people on that spaceship were characters from one of GRRM's sci-fi works.

Aside from ASOIAF and its side stories, all other works of GRRM are sci-fi fiction about space and interstellar travels, people from dying planets traveling to new worlds, and stuff like that.

And what you are trying to describe is genetic manipulation, especially in your Liger example. And you assume he stops there? Why? 

Because even if there was involved some genetic manipulation, performed by aliens on inhabitants of Planetos, it was done thousands years ago. And current generations of humans on that planet, are displaying only naturally inherited genetical traits, of their biological ancestors.

Sothoryos is on Planetos. Genetic anomalies don’t stop at the borders.

There is no genetic anomalies on Planetos. Aside from a few natural mutations. But even those mutations are happening according to how genetic works in real world.

First dragons (and thru them their offsprings) were genetically programmed, by biotechnology, into obeying certain Valyrians. Same as modern cellphones are programmed into recognizing its owners by their fingerprints, or iris-scans. Or like weapon recognizes its owner by DNA, in Judge Dredd movie. Or like spaceship recognizes its captain by DNA, in WALL-E cartoon, or Lex TV-series.

So to be able to still control dragons, even after change of many generations, Targaryens (and other Valyrians) had to keep their DNA-code as clean as possible, and thus they had to practice incest.

Seems that some Targaryens are heat-resistant. Dragons are hot, thus to be able to ride on them, their masters were artificially adapted to that. Either they were genetically modified, or first Valyrians were aliens from that spaceship, and original masters of dragons, and their heat-resistance is their natural trait, typical for all inhabitants of their home planet. Probably it was some sort of Dragon Planet.

1 hour ago, Megorova said:

By "Those people" ~snipped~

Wow, this is quite a theory. Go with it. But it has nothing to do with Rhaegar and the Dornishman's wife, so maybe in another thread of its own? (I am being serious.)

Aside from ASOIAF and its side stories, all other works of GRRM are sci-fi fiction about space and interstellar travels, people from dying planets traveling to new worlds, and stuff like that.

This is factually false.

And as George himself says, the stories remain the same, scifi or fantasy titles don't matter because it is all a matter of "furniture. What happens in one can happen in another because all you do is change out the settings. The id that creates the dark scifi monster becomes the shadow babies born of sex with magical Melisandre.

Reveal hidden contents

Father of Valaena Velaryon was from Velaryon family, a Valyrian. And her mother was Targaryen. Thus Valaena had typical Valyrian looks, and was carrier of bb genes <- this is proved by the fact that all of her three children were typical Valyrians.

"Valaena Velaryon was a member of House Velaryon and the wife of Aerion Targaryen, Lord of Dragonstone, and the mother of Visenya Targaryen, Aegon I Targaryen, and Rhaenys Targaryen.[1]

She was half-Targaryen herself, through her mother, an as of yet unidentified member of House Targaryen.[1]"

Valaena's husband Aerion was son of Targaryen father, and unindentified mother. But in those times everyone in his family married with other Valyrians. It was not long after Doom of Valyria, and prior Aegon's Conquest, so Targaryens of that era didn't mixed with non-Valyrians. Thus Aerion was carrier of bb genes <- this is proved by the fact that all of his three children, from his Valyrian wife, were typical Valyrians.

But even if his mother was a non-Valyrian, and was a carrier of BB genes, or Bb genes, and thus Aerion himself could have been either carrier of Bb or carrier of bb, he passed to his three legitimate children only his b gene. Because if any of them had B genes and were Bb, then they would have been of dark coloring. But they weren't, thus all three were carriers of bb genes:

"Like her siblings, Visenya possessed the classical Valyrian features: long, silver-gold hair, which she often braided or bound up in rings, and purple eyes.[2][3]

Aegon was tall, broad shouldered and powerful in appearance, with purple eyes and short-cut silver-gold hair.

Rhaenys was a beautiful woman[3] with silver-gold hair, which she kept long and wore loose"

"Aerion Targaryen was a Lord of Dragonstone and the son of Lord Daemion Targaryen. Aerion was the husband of Valaena Velaryon, and their children were Visenya, Aegon the Conqueror, and Rhaenys Targaryen. Aerion was also rumored to have been the father of Orys Baratheon.[1]"

Mother of Orys Baratheon is unindentified, but based on his father being a typical Valyrian, and Orys himself having non-Valyrian looks, seems that his mother was a non-Valyrian, and had black hair and black eyes, that she passed to her son. And because she was a non-Valyrian, Aerion didn't married with her, and didn't legitimized their son Orys. Could be that Orys' mother was carrier of BB genes, or Bb genes.

"Orys was the rumored bastard half-brother of Aegon I Targaryen by their father Aerion, Lord of Dragonstone." "Orys had black hair and black eyes.[4]" "Princess Argella Durrandon was the daughter and only child of Argilac the Arrogant, the last Storm King. After her father was killed in Aegon's Conquest, she married Orys Baratheon"

"Aenys I Targaryen was the second Targaryen king to sit the Iron Throne. He was the son of King Aegon I Targaryen by his sister-wife Queen Rhaenys Targaryen."

"Jaehaerys was the third son and fourth child of Prince Aenys Targaryen and his wife, Lady Alyssa Velaryon.[6] " "According to a semi-canon source, Jaehaerys had the purple eyes and silver hair of House Targaryen." "Jaehaerys married his younger sister Alysanne.[5] " They had 9 children, among them Aemon Targaryen, that later married with Jocelyn Baratheon.

"According to a semi-canon source, Alysanne was slim of waist and small of breast, with a long neck, a fair complexion and a high forehead. She was tall and straight, unbowed by time. She had clear blue eyes and high cheekbones. In old age her hair turned white as snow."

"Alyssa Velaryon, the widow of King Aenys I Targaryen, married Robar Baratheon, Lord of Storm's End, in 50 AC. The marriage produced two children, Boremund and Jocelyn.[3][2]"

"Robar Baratheon was Lord of Storm's End and head of House Baratheon. He was Lord Orys Baratheon’s grandson."

"Princess Rhaenys was the daughter of Jocelyn Baratheon, the daughter of Lord Robar Baratheon of Storm's End, and Prince Aemon Targaryen, the heir of King Jaehaerys I Targaryen."

"Prince Aemon Targaryen was a member of House Targaryen. He was the secondborn son of King Jaehaerys I Targaryen and Queen Alysanne Targaryen."

"Rhaenys had traditional Targaryen beauty.[3] She was fifty-five years old during the Dance of the Dragons and was still as fierce and fearless as she had been at twenty-two. By then she had a lean lined face and silver hair streaked with white.[2] "

1. In case if Aerion's mother was carrier of bb genes, Targaryen line:

2. In case if Aerion's mother was carrier of Bb genes, Targaryen line:

3. In case if Aerion's mother was carrier of BB genes, Targaryen line:

Daemion Targaryen + wife = Aerion Targaryen.

1) bb + bb = bb, 2) bb +Bb = Bb or bb, 3) bb + BB = Bb

Aerion Targaryen + Valaena Velaryon = Visenya, Aegon, Rhaenys.

1) bb + bb = bb, 2) Bb + bb = Bb or bb, or bb + bb = bb, 3) Bb + bb = Bb or bb

None of their three children were carriers of Bb genes, because if they were, then they wouldn't have had Targaryen looks. Thus even if there was a B gene in their father, it wasn't transferred further to Aegon I and his sisters.

Aegon Targaryen + Rhaenys Targaryen = Aenys I Targaryen.

bb + bb = bb

Aenys I Targaryen + Alyssa Velaryon = Jaehaerys I, Alysanne.

bb + bb = bb, bb

Jaehaerys I Targaryen + Alysanne Targaryen = Aemon I Targaryen, and 8 other children.

bb + bb = bb

Aemon I Targaryen + Jocelyn Baratheon = Rhaenys Targaryen.

bb + ? = bb

To identify what pair of genes Jocelyn had, let's go back to Baratheon line.

Aerion Targaryen (1b2b or 3B4b) + mistress (? - 5b6b, 7B8b, 9B10B) = Orys Baratheon (BB or Bb).

Orys had dark hair and dark eyes, so he was either BB or Bb.

1b2b + 5b6b = bb <- not Orys' traits.

1b2b + 7B8b = 1b7B or 2b8b <- dark or light.

1b2b + 9B10B = 1b9B or 2b10B <- both dark.

3B4b + 5b6b = 3B5b or 4b6b <- dark or light.

3B4b + 7B8b = 3B7B or 4b8b <- dark or light.

3B4b + 9B10B = 3B9B or 4b10B <- both dark.

Based on this Orys' gene model could have been:

1b7B, 1b9B, 2b10B, 3B5b, 3B7B, 3B9B, 4b10B.

Orys Baratheon + Argella Durandon = child (father or mother of Robar Baratheon)

(1b7B, 1b9B, 2b10B, 3B5b, 3B7B, 3B9B, 4b10B) + (?) = (?)

Argella Durandon could be BB, Bb, or bb.

1. (1b7B, 1b9B, 2b10B, 3B5b, 3B7B, 3B9B, 4b10B) + 11B12B = 1b11B, 1b12B, 7B11B, 7B12B, 2b11B, 2b12B, 10B11B, 10B12B, 3B11B, 3B12B, 5b11B, 5b12B, 9B11B, 9B12B, 4b11B, 4b12B <- gene model of their child, in case when Argella is BB.

2. (1b7B, 1b9B, 2b10B, 3B5b, 3B7B, 3B9B, 4b10B) + 12B13b = 1b12B, 1b13b, 9B12B, 9B13b, 2b12B, 2b13b, 10B12B, 10B13b, 3B12B, 3B13b, 5b12B, 5b13b, 7B12B, 7B13b, 4b12B, 4b13b <- gene model of their child, in case when Argella is Bb.

3. (1b7B, 1b9B, 2b10B, 3B5b, 3B7B, 3B9B, 4b10B) + 13b14b =

etc.

Basically it doesn't matter which exactly genes out of b pool will pass to children, whether it will be 1b or 2b or 4b or 5b. What matters that in combination with any of B genes, the result will be dark coloring, and with combination of any one out of b pool genes, the result will be light coloring.

So I'll use just BB, Bb, or bb for further models, and later will write actual code.

Father of Robar (?) + Mother (?) = Robar Baratheon (?)

(BB or Bb or bb) + (BB or Bb or bb) = six BB, five bb, four Bb.

Robar Baratheon + Alyssa Velaryon = Boremund and Jocelyn Baratheons.

(?) + bb = (?), (?)

(six BB, five bb, four Bb) + bb = thirteen Bb, none of BB

Jocelyn Baratheon + Aemon I Targaryen = Rhaenys Targaryen.

(?) + bb = bb

Aliens and genetic modifications. I like it. But as far as its relation to the thread I linked to earlier, it is astronomically more complicated than the author assigning a simple code to the main families in the series where he needs to hide certain identities in plain sight<<< this is really the only thing that matters, the here and now of the story. The author didn't even start mapping until after the series was started. And he had to be convinced to add dragons by a friend of his. He has said he doesn't plan things out to the nth degree and to put away rulers and stopwatches.

Ok, I hate to add this because it makes me sound braggy, and I loathe sounding braggy, so just bear with me for a second. This Rhaenys is 3/4 Valyrian, so she is a mix and her mother is Valyrian, so it still fits the simplified GRRM model of first born to Targ get mom looks idea. Jocelyn was the second born, and as noted, the second born are a little more open to the looks .vs. attitude department. And this Rhaenys was confirmed by GRRM to have had a sort of "identity crisis", like Aegon II, and this is why both of them are the only two exceptions to the model (it was addressed), and why both of them were the lead antagonists in the Dance of Dragons. It was for literary purposes. This was the visual marker that the "code" is off and we readers should look deeper... kind like how all Lannisters are gold, but all Baratheons are black. This is our clue that something ain't right in the milk.

3 hours ago, Megorova said:

And none of Targaryens had dragon traits or physical anomalies, that indicate that they are some sort of a crossbreed between humans and dragons.

Dany never saw her supposedly dead son, that supposedly looked like a dragonspawn. 

After her confession, Maegor executed Tyanna himself, but her promise came true two months later, when Elinor went into labor in early 48 AC and birthed an eyeless child with small wings.

- Sons of Dragon

On 06.12.2017 at 11:47 PM, maudisdottir said:

So how did Rhaenys Targaryen (wife of Corlys Velaryon) have Targ looks when her mother was a Baratheon?

Very simplified model, how parents pass their genetic traits to their children:

B genes - dark color, b genes - light color. B is dominant, b is recessive.

Person with BB genes is dark haired and dark-eyed.

Person with bb genes is light-haired light-eyed.

Person with Bb, bB genes is dark-haired and dark-eyed, because B is dominant over b. 

This is how Rhaenys had Targaryen brand looks (I will begin from way above in her family tree, because that's where happened first crossing with Baratheons):

Spoiler

Father of Valaena Velaryon was from Velaryon family, a Valyrian. And her mother was Targaryen. Thus Valaena had typical Valyrian looks, and was carrier of bb genes <- this is proved by the fact that all of her three children were typical Valyrians.

"Valaena Velaryon was a member of House Velaryon and the wife of Aerion Targaryen, Lord of Dragonstone, and the mother of Visenya Targaryen, Aegon I Targaryen, and Rhaenys Targaryen.[1]

She was half-Targaryen herself, through her mother, an as of yet unidentified member of House Targaryen.[1]"

Valaena's husband Aerion was son of Targaryen father, and unindentified mother. But in those times everyone in his family married with other Valyrians. It was not long after Doom of Valyria, and prior Aegon's Conquest, so Targaryens of that era didn't mixed with non-Valyrians. Thus Aerion was carrier of bb genes <- this is proved by the fact that all of his three children, from his Valyrian wife, were typical Valyrians.

But even if his mother was a non-Valyrian, and was a carrier of BB genes, or Bb genes, and thus Aerion himself could have been either carrier of Bb or carrier of bb, he passed to his three legitimate children only his b gene. Because if any of them had B genes and were Bb, then they would have been of dark coloring. But they weren't, thus all three were carriers of bb genes:

"Like her siblings, Visenya possessed the classical Valyrian features: long, silver-gold hair, which she often braided or bound up in rings, and purple eyes.[2][3]

Aegon was tall, broad shouldered and powerful in appearance, with purple eyes and short-cut silver-gold hair.

Rhaenys was a beautiful woman[3] with silver-gold hair, which she kept long and wore loose"

"Aerion Targaryen was a Lord of Dragonstone and the son of Lord Daemion Targaryen. Aerion was the husband of Valaena Velaryon, and their children were Visenya, Aegon the Conqueror, and Rhaenys Targaryen. Aerion was also rumored to have been the father of Orys Baratheon.[1]"

Mother of Orys Baratheon is unindentified, but based on his father being a typical Valyrian, and Orys himself having non-Valyrian looks, seems that his mother was a non-Valyrian, and had black hair and black eyes, that she passed to her son. And because she was a non-Valyrian, Aerion didn't married with her, and didn't legitimized their son Orys. Could be that Orys' mother was carrier of BB genes, or Bb genes.

"Orys was the rumored bastard half-brother of Aegon I Targaryen by their father Aerion, Lord of Dragonstone." "Orys had black hair and black eyes.[4]" "Princess Argella Durrandon was the daughter and only child of Argilac the Arrogant, the last Storm King. After her father was killed in Aegon's Conquest, she married Orys Baratheon"

"Aenys I Targaryen was the second Targaryen king to sit the Iron Throne. He was the son of King Aegon I Targaryen by his sister-wife Queen Rhaenys Targaryen."

"Jaehaerys was the third son and fourth child of Prince Aenys Targaryen and his wife, Lady Alyssa Velaryon.[6] " "According to a semi-canon source, Jaehaerys had the purple eyes and silver hair of House Targaryen." "Jaehaerys married his younger sister Alysanne.[5] " They had 9 children, among them Aemon Targaryen, that later married with Jocelyn Baratheon.

"According to a semi-canon source, Alysanne was slim of waist and small of breast, with a long neck, a fair complexion and a high forehead. She was tall and straight, unbowed by time. She had clear blue eyes and high cheekbones. In old age her hair turned white as snow."

"Alyssa Velaryon, the widow of King Aenys I Targaryen, married Robar Baratheon, Lord of Storm's End, in 50 AC. The marriage produced two children, Boremund and Jocelyn.[3][2]"

"Robar Baratheon was Lord of Storm's End and head of House Baratheon. He was Lord Orys Baratheon’s grandson."

"Princess Rhaenys was the daughter of Jocelyn Baratheon, the daughter of Lord Robar Baratheon of Storm's End, and Prince Aemon Targaryen, the heir of King Jaehaerys I Targaryen."

"Prince Aemon Targaryen was a member of House Targaryen. He was the secondborn son of King Jaehaerys I Targaryen and Queen Alysanne Targaryen."

"Rhaenys had traditional Targaryen beauty.[3] She was fifty-five years old during the Dance of the Dragons and was still as fierce and fearless as she had been at twenty-two. By then she had a lean lined face and silver hair streaked with white.[2] "

1. In case if Aerion's mother was carrier of bb genes, Targaryen line:

2. In case if Aerion's mother was carrier of Bb genes, Targaryen line:

3. In case if Aerion's mother was carrier of BB genes, Targaryen line:

Aerion Targaryen + Valaena Velaryon = Visenya, Aegon, Rhaenys.

1) bb + bb = bb, 2) Bb + bb = Bb or bb, or bb + bb = bb, 3) Bb + bb = Bb or bb

None of their three children were carriers of Bb genes, because if they were, then they wouldn't have had Targaryen looks. Thus even if there was a B gene in their father, it wasn't transferred further to Aegon I and his sisters.

(Aerion 1b2b or 3B4b) + (Valaena 21b22b) = 1b21b, 1b22b, 2b21b, 2b22b, (3B21b), (3B22b), 4b21b, 4b22b <- Aegon, Rhaenys, Visenya. Six possible gene models.

Aegon Targaryen + Rhaenys Targaryen = Aenys I Targaryen.

bb + bb = bb

(Aegon 1b21b, 1b22b, 2b21b, 2b22b, 4b21b, 4b22b) + (Rhaenys 1b21b, 1b22b, 2b21b, 2b22b, 4b21b, 4b22b) = 60 combinations, out of them 16 not repetitive = (Aenys 1b1b, 1b22b, 21b1b, 21b22b, 1b2b, 21b2b, 21b21b, 1b4b, 21b4b, 22b2b, 22b22b, 22b4b, 2b2b, 2b4b, 4b4b)

Aenys I Targaryen + Alyssa Velaryon = Jaehaerys I, Alysanne.

bb + bb = bb, bb

(Aenys 1b1b, 1b22b, 21b1b, 21b22b, 1b2b, 21b2b, 21b21b, 1b4b, 21b4b, 22b2b, 22b22b, 22b4b, 2b2b, 2b4b, 4b4b) + (Alyssa 23b24b) = 10 models = 1b23b, 1b24b, 2b23b, 2b24b, 4b23b, 4b24b, 21b23b, 21b24b, 22b23b, 22b24b <- Jaehaerys, Alysanne.

Jaehaerys I Targaryen + Alysanne Targaryen = Aemon I Targaryen, and 8 other children.

bb + bb = bb

(Jaehaerys 1b23b, 1b24b, 2b23b, 2b24b, 4b23b, 4b24b, 21b23b, 21b24b, 22b23b, 22b24b) + (Alysanne 1b23b, 1b24b, 2b23b, 2b24b, 4b23b, 4b24b, 21b23b, 21b24b, 22b23b, 22b24b) = 1b1b, 1b2b, 1b4b, 1b21b, 1b22b, 1b23b, 1b24b, 2b23b, 4b23b, 21b23b, 22b23b, 23b23b, 23b24b <- Aemon.

Aemon I Targaryen + Jocelyn Baratheon = Rhaenys Targaryen.

bb + ? = bb

To identify what pair of genes Jocelyn had, let's go back to Baratheon line.

Aerion Targaryen (1b2b or 3B4b) + mistress (? - 5b6b, 7B8b, 9B10B) = Orys Baratheon (BB or Bb).

Orys had dark hair and dark eyes, so he was either BB or Bb.

1b2b + 5b6b = 1b5b, 1b6b, 2b5b, 2b6b <- 100% light, not Orys' traits.

1b2b + 7B8b = 1b7B, 1b8b, 2b7B, 2b8b <- 50% dark or 50% light.

1b2b + 9B10B = 1b9B, 1b10B, 2b9B, 2b10B <- 100% dark.

3B4b + 5b6b = 3B5b, 3B6b, 4b5b, 4b6b <- 50% dark or 50% light.

3B4b + 7B8b = 3B7B, 3B8b, 4b7B, 4b8b <- 75% dark or 25% light.

3B4b + 9B10B = 3B9B, 3B10B, 4b9B, 4b10B <- 100% dark.

Based on this Orys' gene model could have been one of this 15: 1b7B, 1b9B, 1b10B, 2b7B, 2b9B, 2b10B, 3B5b, 3B6b, 3B7B, 3B8b, 3B9B, 3B10B, 4b7B, 4b9B, 4b10B.

Orys Baratheon + Argella Durandon = child (father or mother of Robar Baratheon)

(1b7B, 1b9B, 1b10B, 2b7B, 2b9B, 2b10B, 3B5b, 3B6b, 3B7B, 3B8b, 3B9B, 3B10B, 4b7B, 4b9B, 4b10B) + (?) = (?)

Argella Durandon could be BB, Bb, or bb.

Argella's genes - 11B12B, 12B13b, 13b14b.

1. (Orys 1b7B, 1b9B, 1b10B, 2b7B, 2b9B, 2b10B, 3B5b, 3B6b, 3B7B, 3B8b, 3B9B, 3B10B, 4b7B, 4b9B, 4b10B) + (Argella 11B12B, 12B13b, 13b14b) = 40 gene models for child of Orys and Argella (OB+AD).

(OB+AD) + spouse (?) = Robar Baratheon (?)

Spouse - 15B16B, 17b18b, 15B17b, 15B18b, 16B17b, 16B18b - six models.

(40 models for (OB+AD) 1b11B, 1b12B, 7B11B, 7B12B, 2b11B, 2b12B, 9B11B, 9B12B, 10B11B, 10B12B, 3B11B, 3B12B, 5b11B, 5b12B, 6b11B, 6b12B, 8b11B, 8b12B, 4b11B, 4b12B, 1b13b, 7B13b, 2b13b, 9B13b, 10B13b, 3B13b, 5b13b, 6b13b,  8b13b, 4b13b, 1b14b, 7B14b, 2b14b, 9B14b, 10B14b, 3B14b, 5b14b, 6b14b, 8b14b, 4b14b) + (Spouse 15B16B, 17b18b, 15B17b, 15B18b, 16B17b, 16B18b) = 56 gene models for Robar Baratheon.

Robar Baratheon + Alyssa Velaryon = Boremund and Jocelyn Baratheons.

(Robar 1b15B, 2b15B, 3B15B, 4b15B, 5b15B, 6b15B, 7B15B, 8b15B, 9B15B, 9B15B, 10B15B, 11B15B, 12B15B, 13b15B, 14b15B, 1b16B, 2b16B, 3B16B, 4b16B, 5b16B, 6b16B, 7B16B, 8b16B, 9B16B, 9B16B, 10B16B, 11B16B, 12B16B, 13b16B, 14b16B, 1b17b, 2b17b, 3B17b, 4b17b, 5b17b, 6b17b, 7B17b, 8b17b, 9B17b, 9B17b, 10B17b, 11B17b, 12B17b, 13b17b, 14b17b, 1b18b, 2b18b, 3B18b, 4b18b, 5b18b, 6b18b, 7B18b, 8b18b, 9B18b, 9B18b, 10B18b, 11B18b, 12B18b, 13b18b, 14b18b) + (Alyssa 19b20b) = 1b19b, 2b19b, 3B19b, 4b19b, 5b19b, 6b19b, 7B19b, 8b19B, 9B19b, 10B19b, 11B19b, 12B19b, 13b19b, 14b19b, 15B19b, 16B19b, 17b19b, 18b19b, 1b20b, 2b20b, 3B20b, 4b20b, 5b20b, 6b20b, 7B20b, 8b20b, 9B20b, 10B20b, 11B20b, 12B20b, 13b20b, 14b20b, 15B20b, 16B20b, 17b20b, 18b20b <- 36 models Boremund and Jocelyn.

Jocelyn Baratheon + Aemon I Targaryen = Rhaenys Targaryen.

(Jocelyn 1b19b, 2b19b, 3B19b, 4b19b, 5b19b, 6b19b, 7B19b, 8b19B, 9B19b, 10B19b, 11B19b, 12B19b, 13b19b, 14b19b, 15B19b, 16B19b, 17b19b, 18b19b, 1b20b, 2b20b, 3B20b, 4b20b, 5b20b, 6b20b, 7B20b, 8b20b, 9B20b, 10B20b, 11B20b, 12B20b, 13b20b, 14b20b, 15B20b, 16B20b, 17b20b, 18b20b) + (1b1b, 1b2b, 1b4b, 1b21b, 1b22b, 1b23b, 1b24b, 2b23b, 4b23b, 21b23b, 22b23b, 23b23b, 23b24b) = 140 models for Rhaenys Targaryen.

Gene models of Rhaenys, with Bb genes in them:

3B1b, 7B1b, 9B1b, 10B1b, 11B1b, 12B1b, 15B1b, 16B1b, 3B2b, 7B2b, 9B2b, 10B2b, 11B2b, 12B2b, 15B2b, 16B2b, 3B4b, 7B4b, 9B4b, 10B4b, 11B4b, 12B4b, 15B4b, 16B4b, 3B21b, 7B21b, 9B21b, 10B21b, 11B21b, 12B21b, 15B21b, 16B21b, 3B22b, 7B22b, 9B22b, 10B22b, 11B22b, 12B22b, 15B22b, 16B22b, 3B23b, 7B23b, 9B23b, 10B23b, 11B23b, 12B23b, 15B23b, 16B23b, 3B24b, 7B24b, 9B24b, 10B24b, 11B24b, 12B24b, 15B24b, 16B24b.

Gene models of Rhaenys, with bb genes in them:

1b1b, 2b1b, 4b1b, 5b1b, 6b1b, 8b1b, 13b1b, 14b1b, 17b1b, 18b1b, 19b1b, 20b1b, 1b2b, 2b2b, 4b2b, 5b2b, 6b2b, 8b2b, 13b2b, 14b2b, 17b2b, 18b2b, 19b2b, 20b2b, 1b4b, 2b4b, 4b4b, 5b4b, 6b4b, 8b4b, 13b4b, 14b4b, 17b4b, 18b4b, 19b4b, 20b4b, 1b21b, 2b21b, 4b21b, 5b21b, 6b21b, 8b21b, 13b21b, 14b21b, 17b21b, 18b21b, 19b21b, 20b21b, 1b22b, 2b22b, 4b22b, 5b22b, 6b22b, 8b22b, 13b22b, 14b22b, 17b22b, 18b22b, 19b22b, 20b22b, 1b23b, 2b23b, 4b23b, 5b23b, 6b23b, 8b23b, 13b23b, 14b23b, 17b23b, 18b23b, 19b23b, 20b23b, 1b24b, 2b24b, 4b24b, 5b24b, 6b24b, 8b24b, 13b24b, 14b24b, 17b24b, 18b24b, 19b24b, 20b24b.

Out of those 140 gene models, 56 are Bb, and 84 are bb. Probability for Rhaenys to have dark coloring was 40%, and 60% to have light coloring.

From her mother Jocelyn Baratheon, Rhaenys could have inherited this b genes - 1b, 2b, 4b, 5b, 6b, 8b, 13b, 14b, 17b, 18b, 19b, 20b. And from side of her father Aemon Targaryen - 1b, 2b, 4b, 21b, 22b, 23b, 24b.

Genes of her ancestors: Aerion Targaryen (1b, 2b, 4b), his mistress (5b, 6b, 8b), Argella Durandon (13b, 14b), spouse of child of Orys Baratheon and Argella (17b, 18b), Alyssa Velaryon (19b, 20b), Valaena Velaryon (21b, 22b), Alyssa Velaryon (23b, 24b).

Now lets take an example, where all characters, whose coloring isn't known for sure, we will take as BB - Orys Baratheon's  wife Argella Durandon, their child and that child's spouse, and their grandson Robar Baratheon. Then:

Robar Baratheon (BB) + Alyssa Velaryon (bb) = Boremund and Jocelyn Baratheons (Bb and Bb).

Jocelyn Baratheon (Bb) + Aemon I Targaryen (bb) = Rhaenys Targaryen (Bb, Bb, bb, bb) - even in this case Rhaenys still had 50% of chances to inherit Valyrian looks.

In case if Orys Baratheon, his wife Argella, their child and that child's spouse, all four were Bb:

Child of O&A (1B2b) + spouse (3B4b) = 1B3B, 1B4b, 2b3B, 2b4b <- Robar Baratheon's possible gene models.

Robar Baratheon (1B3B, 1B4b, 2b3B, 2b4b) + Alyssa Velaryon (5b6b) = 1B5b, 1B6b, 3B5b, 3B6b, 4b5b, 4b6b, 2b5b, 2b6b <- Jocelyn Baratheon.

Jocelyn Baratheon (1B5b, 1B6b, 3B5b, 3B6b, 4b5b, 4b6b, 2b5b, 2b6b) + Aemon I Targaryen (7b8b) = Rhaenys Targaryen (1B7b, 1B8b, 5b7b, 5b8b, 6b7b, 6b8b, 3B7b, 3B8b, 4b7b, 4b8b, 2b7b, 2b8b) - four Bb and eight bb, 1/3 chances for Rhaenys inheriting dark coloring, and 2/3 chances inheriting light coloring.

So even in worst case scenario, if among Rhaenys' ancestors, whose looks we don't know, there were carriers of dark color genes, she still had 50% chances to be born with Valyrian looks.

On 07.12.2017 at 7:25 AM, maudisdottir said:

What about the three eldest sons of Rhaenyra? None of them had Targ looks.

Laenor Velaryon wasn't father of those children. Their father was either Criston Cole or Harwin Strong, or maybe someone else. Seems that Rhaenyra was quite a frivolous girl.

Spoiler

"first-born child of King Viserys I Targaryen. Rhaenyra was King Viserys I's only living child by his first wife, Aemma of House Arryn."

"Rhaenyra had her family's Valyrian looks, wearing her silver-gold hair in a long braid in the manner of Aegon I's warrior wife, Visenya"

If Rhaenyra was carrier of Bb genes, she wouldn't be blond, thus her gene model was bb.

"Laenor had an aquiline nose, silver-white hair, and purple eyes.[2] Ser Criston Cole alluded that boys were not safe around him.[3] It was widely accepted that at the age of 19, Laenor had not shown any interest in women, instead preferring the company of men his own age.[2] "

"Laenor and Rhaenyra had three sons together: Jacaerys 'Jace' Velaryon, Lucerys 'Luke' Velaryon, and Joffrey 'Joff' Velaryon. All were near adulthood and had dragons of their own when Rhaenyra's father, Viserys I, died. It was rumored that those sons of Rhaenyra's were actually fathered by her lover, Ser Harwin "Breakbones" Strong, as all three of them were born with brown hair, even though Laenor and Rhaenyra both had light silver/gold hair.[2][1] The truth of the parentage of Rhaenyra's three eldest children is still unclear.[6]

"Joff was a strapping lad. Like his brothers Jacaerys and Lucerys, he had brown eyes and hair, and a pug nose. This caused many at court to suspect that Ser Harwin Strong was their true father.[1][3]"

Rhaenyra's other sons, the future Aegon III and Viserys II, were fathered by her second husband, her uncle Prince Daemon Targaryen"

"Aegon had dark purple eyes and pale silvery hair.[5] "

"She married Ser Laenor Velaryon in 114 AC, though it took the threat of removing her status as heir to the throne to convince her to accept the marriage, as Rhaenyra did not feel the need to marry a man with interests like Laenor's. She was reported to have stated that "My half brothers would be more to his taste", to her father.[2] "

"According to the accounts of Septon Eustace, prior to her turning sixteen Rhaenyra lost her virginity to her uncle Daemon Targaryen after he seduced her. The account of the fool Mushroom is much more scandalous than the account of Eustace. Mushroom claims that Daemon gave Rhaenyra lessons on how to seduce and please a man, lessons in which Mushroom insists he took part as well. Mushroom's account differs from Eustace's account, in that Mushroom claims Rhaenyra remained a virgin during these lessons. According to Mushroom, Rhaenyra received those lessons from Daemon because she was in love with Ser Criston Cole, and wanted him to see her as a woman, no longer as a girl. Whichever account is true, (Grand Maester Runciter simply claims that the two brothers quarreled), King Viserys sent his brother into exile.[2] "

19 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

This Rhaenys is 3/4 Valyrian, so she is a mix and her mother is Valyrian, so it still fits the simplified GRRM model of first born to Targ get mom looks idea.

Rhaenyra Targaryen, daughter of Viserys I Targaryen and Aemma Arryn.

Rhaenyra's children doesn't fit into this theory - her three first children didn't looked like Targaryens:

"Rhaenyra had her family's Valyrian looks, wearing her silver-gold hair in a long braid in the manner of Aegon I's warrior wife, Visenya"

"Laenor and Rhaenyra had three sons together: Jacaerys 'Jace' Velaryon, Lucerys 'Luke' Velaryon, and Joffrey 'Joff' Velaryon. All were near adulthood and had dragons of their own when Rhaenyra's father, Viserys I, died. It was rumored that those sons of Rhaenyra's were actually fathered by her lover, Ser Harwin "Breakbones" Strong, as all three of them were born with brown hair, even though Laenor and Rhaenyra both had light silver/gold hair.[2][1] "

This is her first child:

"Jace was a strapping lad. Like his brothers Lucerys and Joffrey, he had brown hair and eyes, and a pug nose. This made many at court suspect that Ser Harwin Strong was their true father.[1][4] "

Also Robert Baratheon was 25% Targaryen, so according to your theory all his bastards, were supposed to look like their mothers. But they didn't. Varys (or Littlefinger) said that the mothers were "copper and honey, chestnut, and butter", but known to him eight bastards were all dark-haired.

Stannis Baratheon is 25% Targaryen, his firstborn daughter Shireen, looks like her father. "Selyse is not a particularly attractive woman. She is as tall as her husband, thin, and has the Florent trait of too-large ears. Selyse has pale eyes, a sharp nose". "Stannis has dark blue eyes and a heavy brow. His head has only a fringe of black hair "like the shadow of a crown," and he has a close-cropped beard across his large jaw.[13] " "She has blue eyes, but inherited her father's square, jutting jaw, and her mother's large ears.[4][5] "

Valarr Targaryen, first born son of Baelor Targaryen and Jena Dondarrion, he didn't looked like his mother: "Valarr looked much like his father Baelor, though he was smaller and thinner. He had brown hair, with a streak of silver-gold running through it. He had blue eyes.[4] "

Dondarrions' trait is red-gold hair: Manfred Dondarrion "He was a thin man with an unruly mane of red-gold hair.[1] " "Beric is a slight man,[10] handsome with red-gold hair.[4] "

Jace Velaryon and Valarr Targaryen. Shireen Baratheon, and Gendry (his mother was blond). Last two are only 12,5% Targaryens, but first two are sons of a pure Targaryen and non-Targaryen parent, they were firstborn, but they didn't looked like their mothers.

Archived