Aegon is Faegon

2 hours ago, AlaskanSandman said:
So i thought this an interesting introduction to Varys, wayyyyyyy before Blackfyres were ever mentioned. 
Varys is described as looking like an Egg. Which is a clue in it self pointing him towards dragon eggs, but also a clue to him looking like Aegon V "Egg" Targaryen.
Further than that he is wearing purple silks with gold woven in the threads. This is very Targaryenish and very much the colors of the House and features. 
Further, his breath smelled of lilacs?
Of all the flowers, a purple flower?
This seems like a lot of clues that Varys is indeed a Targaryen and not a Blackfyre.

Could you maybe elaborate a little?

If you're referring to the house colors, then the Targaryens' are red and black (while the Blackfyres' are completely different: black and red), not gold and purple. If, however, you're referring to famous silver-gold Targ hair and purple eyes, then the Blackfyres were equally famous for their silver-gold hair and purple eyes.

Which brings the question, how exactly can you differentiate Blackfyre from Targaryen by color?

On 2/15/2018 at 1:08 PM, Megorova said:

I think that the kid is not Illyrio's and Serra's.

And I don't theorize that "they just kept some Valyrian kid around on the back burner being schooled and stuff while they played their cards with Dany and Viserys and Willem Darry".

Lets assume that Varys is a Blackfyre, and that Illyrio isn't. The year is 278. Varys went to Westeros, to prepare 7K for an upcoming invasion of Blackfyres. Thus where would he left his Blackfyre relatives, while he will be away from Essos? -> Under Illyrio's care.

And by relatives I don't mean his immediate family, like his children (which he doesn't have), or nephews or nieces (which he also didn't had), but for example his little cousins (first cousin, or second cousin, or third cousin, or even little uncle).

They decided to use the boy, only after their original plan got canceled. So before they changed to plan B, fAegon was living (probably) in one of Illyrio's mansions (in whatever city, because he has many - in Pentos, Lys, Tyrosh, Braavos, maybe even more). The boy was one of Blackfyres, thus he was given a proper upraising, even prior he was turned into fAegon. And when he was brought to JonCon, and maybe in conversation with him said something wrong, for example that he wants to go back to his mommy, then Varys and Illyrio could have just told to JonCon, that the boy think, that the wet nurse (or septa) that was raising him, is his mommy. 

In 281 Barristan saved Jeyne Swann and her septa from Kingswood brotherhood. If fAegon is of the same age as should be real Aegon, then he was conceived after that encounter, in 281, and was born in late 281 or in early (or middle of) 282.

Could be that the mother is Lady Jeyne, but maybe the mother is actually Jeyne's septa. Though that woman was not a mere septa, could be that she was one of secret Blackfyres.

If fAegon was born later than in 281 or 282, then could be that Barristan again met either Lady Jeyne or her septa, after he was seriously wounded at the Trident Battle. He had three very serious wounds, thus he was recovering for a long time. Who knows who could have came to him at that time, and what the two of them were doing. After Rhaegar's death he was depressed, so he could have been in need of some consolation.

Also fAegon could have been conceived by Barristan, in 283, some time after Rhaegar's death, or even in early 284 (if Barristan was recovering for a long time). And thus fAegon could have been born in early 284 or late 284. So by now (300 AC) he could be 16 years old.

Also Barristan was interested in women, Ashara Dayne is a proof of that. Furthermore, even if he was not interested in Lady Jeyne, his agreement is totally unnecessary for her, to conceive a child with him. As I already said before, GRRM is frequently using repetitive patterns. For example there was a story like this (Dunk & Egg, The Sworn Sword):

So could be that she gave a love potion to Barristan, to seduce him, and conceive a child with him. Because, if my theory is correct, that Barristan is also a dragonblood, and Blackfyres needed to have a child with high percentage of dragonblood, then they just used Barristan. And he himself may not even remember anything about that encounter, because of side effect caused by potion.

Sorry, been a little busy. Was meaning to look into this all to get a better idea of where your coming from :)

16 hours ago, AlaskanSandman said:

So i thought this an interesting introduction to Varys, wayyyyyyy before Blackfyres were ever mentioned. 
Varys is described as looking like an Egg. Which is a clue in it self pointing him towards dragon eggs, but also a clue to him looking like Aegon V "Egg" Targaryen.
Further than that he is wearing purple silks with gold woven in the threads. This is very Targaryenish and very much the colors of the House and features. 
Further, his breath smelled of lilacs?
Of all the flowers, a purple flower?
This seems like a lot of clues that Varys is indeed a Targaryen and not a Blackfyre. 

In real life, Roman and European royalty wore purple because it was so rare and expensive.  Only royalty was allowed to wear purple.  The Phoenician empire got rich because they made purple dye.  

That might not be relevant to this series considering Targareyan colors are red and black.  Most likely the associations of purple and lilacs was to show Varys as being effeminate because he is a eunach.  There has been associations with the color purple to some people that homosexuals like purple.  There was even a televangelist  (I think it was jerry falwell) who hated the show teletubbies because one of them was purple (tinki  winki was gay).  I don't subscribe to that theory but it was floated around in the 1990s. 

9 hours ago, goldenmaps said:

In real life, Roman and European royalty wore purple because it was so rare and expensive.  Only royalty was allowed to wear purple.  The Phoenician empire got rich because they made purple dye.  

That might not be relevant to this series considering Targareyan colors are red and black.  Most likely the associations of purple and lilacs was to show Varys as being effeminate because he is a eunach.  There has been associations with the color purple to some people that homosexuals like purple.  There was even a televangelist  (I think it was jerry falwell) who hated the show teletubbies because one of them was purple (tinki  winki was gay).  I don't subscribe to that theory but it was floated around in the 1990s. 

In the books, Lord Varys doesn't seem to have any sexuality whatsoever, of any orientation. Neither now nor in the past (no "old love" for the Spider, none that I can recall).

20 hours ago, goldenmaps said:

Well the official colors are red and black yes. Purple and Gold just kind of match the Valyrian features. And that is true to both but i think if Martin were gonna apply one of those id go for purple and royalty. 

• 10 months later...

Archived