Will Bran walk again???

AlaskanSandman

56 minutes ago, AlaskanSandman said:

True True. I wonder what door it could be

Actually, didn't they mention a backdoor down a sink hole? Also, I'm pretty sure "Brandor" had to open a door in order to find that creepy room full of singers hooked into the weirwood net...

So, maybe the Door of Destiny is in the cave.

1 hour ago, Faera said:

Actually, didn't they mention a backdoor down a sink hole? Also, I'm pretty sure "Brandor" had to open a door in order to find that creepy room full of singers hooked into the weirwood net...

A Dance with Dragons - Bran II

"Is this the only way in?" asked Meera.
"The back door is three leagues north, down a sinkhole."

Badabing

7 hours ago, AlaskanSandman said:

True True. I wonder what door it could be

6 hours ago, Faera said:

4 hours ago, AlaskanSandman said:

Badabing

Is it a literal door or a metaphorical door? :dunno:

1 hour ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

11 minutes ago, Faera said:

We don't know either way so we can't rule out a literal door.

It goes down a sink hole. To where? Down doesn't sound like a typical exit from a cave. Unless theyre on top a mountain and theres a door at the lower base some wheres. Though i wonder if it leads to Gendal and Gornes caves and through the wall. Bran otherwise would have to use the BlackGate again or try for castle black to pass the wall. Dont know which is closer based on his location. 

Btw i do hope we see/learn more about the cave of singers on thrones. Also the hall of faces/skulls. 

24 minutes ago, AlaskanSandman said:

It goes down a sink hole. To where? Down doesn't sound like a typical exit from a cave. Unless theyre on top a mountain and theres a door at the lower base some wheres. Though i wonder if it leads to Gendal and Gornes caves and through the wall. Bran otherwise would have to use the BlackGate again or try for castle black to pass the wall. Dont know which is closer based on his location. 

Btw i do hope we see/learn more about the cave of singers on thrones. Also the hall of faces/skulls. 

41 minutes ago, Faera said:

Well, since the magic of the children was used in the building of the wall, and the black gate is magical, there could be a black gate type entry way at the other end of the children's cave. That would technically be a "door" 

1 minute ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Well, since the magic of the children was used in the building of the wall, and the black gate is magical, there could be a black gate type entry way at the other end of the children's cave. That would technically be a "door" 

True, yet if said door tried shutting it's mouth against their passage. Then Hodor would need to Hold the Door like a gentlemen. 

6 hours ago, Faera said:

Bran & companions have been traversing the wilderness with their guide Coldhands after Samwell took them though the black gate. I am curious as to whether the Coldhands fellow showed Sam the way to that secret gate at the Nightfort.

Eventually during Bran & his companions northern travels they eat their ride, the elk. They continue on until ----

A Dance with Dragons - Bran II     "Looks," the ranger muttered darkly. "Can you feel the cold? There's something here. Where are they?"   "Inside the cave?" suggested Meera.    "The cave is warded. They cannot pass." The ranger used his sword to point. "You can see the entrance there. Halfway up, between the weirwoods, that cleft in the rock." "I see it," said Bran. Ravens were flying in and out. /

This ranger (Coldhands) says the cold is upon them and he wants to know where they are. < That is a topic. Is he referencing the Others?

Coldhands says the cave is warded. Normally caves do not do have wooden doors. Caves have openings. An opening into a cave could be called a doorway/entrance.

I don’t know where the thing that can’t be mentioned was going with the Hodor hold the door stuff --- normally caves do not have wooden doors.

A Dance with Dragons - Bran II    "Is this the only way in?" asked Meera.    "The back door is three leagues north, down a sinkhole."    That was all he had to say. Not even Hodor could climb down into a sinkhole with Bran heavy on his back, and Jojen could no more walk three leagues than run a thousand.

Think about this for just one monemto ---there is a cleft in the rock that is the opening of the cave that is warded.  The back entrance of the cave is 3 leagues away from the front entrance.

Meera says, “Not even Hodor could climb down into a sinkhole with Bran heavy on his back <snip>

If that be true then Hodor isn’t climbing out of the sinkhole with Bran on his back. Plus there does not seem to any mention of wooded doors at the cave.

6 hours ago, AlaskanSandman said:

Which if Hodor dies in the cave, then Meera at least is still alive, or Bran is walking his happy butt out of there. Which is she's still alive, i can't imagine she would be ok with Jojen paste theory being true.

I do not subscribe to the Jojen paste.  It seems needlessly cruel, especially with an army of the dead approaching the wall and everything that the kids and hodor had to do on their journey to get to the cave 

On 2/24/2018 at 8:28 PM, Dorian Martell's son said:

I do not subscribe to the Jojen paste.  It seems needlessly cruel, especially with an army of the dead approaching the wall and everything that the kids and hodor had to do on their journey to get to the cave 

Yea i dont really think it's needed to wed to the trees. I would think drinking it's seeds and having it grow from inside you out would probably be sufficient enough

33 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Yes 

I go back and forth about Ygg and Garth. I think he may have been a man who also was a greenseerer who had a tree grow out of him. Either the Black gate or he's dead. But the legends seem to point to the weirwoods being poisoned or possibly stabbed with frozen fire? And Garth sounds like a weirwood tree demanding blood sacrifices and such. 

14 minutes ago, AlaskanSandman said:

I go back and forth about Ygg and Garth. I think he may have been a man who also was a greenseerer who had a tree grow out of him. Either the Black gate or he's dead. But the legends seem to point to the weirwoods being poisoned or possibly stabbed with frozen fire? And Garth sounds like a weirwood tree demanding blood sacrifices and such. 

Why do you figure that? I mean, the ctof have been using the weirwoods for more centuries than can be counted by mankind. Would they need to have a human hatch a tree in his body to connect with them? 

2 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Why do you figure that? I mean, the ctof have been using the weirwoods for more centuries than can be counted by mankind. Would they need to have a human hatch a tree in his body to connect with them? 

Because i thought thats what we were just talking about happeing to Bran given he's drank weirwood paste.

And no, only certain cotf can use the trees. Not all of them. 

39 minutes ago, AlaskanSandman said:

Because i thought thats what we were just talking about happeing to Bran given he's drank weirwood paste.

Sorry, I was asking what in the book led you to believe that Garth grew a tree in him, but I am not awake today and realized you think the weirwood paste will literally wed bran to a tree, like bloodraven with roots growing out of his eye socket. 

40 minutes ago, AlaskanSandman said:

And no, only certain cotf can use the trees. Not all of them. 

I also figure greensight would be rare in them as well 

On 2/24/2018 at 11:28 PM, Dorian Martell's son said:

It is cruel; GRRM writes cruel. Bowl/bole:

A Dance with Dragons - Bran II

The three-eyed crow, thought Bran. The greenseer. "It's not so far," he said. "A little climb, and we'll be safe. Maybe we can have a fire." All of them were cold and wet and hungry, except the ranger, and Jojen Reed was too weak to walk unaided.

"You go." Meera Reed bent down beside her brother. He was settled in the bole of an oak, eyes closed, shivering violently. What little of his face could be seen beneath his hood and scarf was as colorless as the surrounding snow, but breath still puffed faintly from his nostrils whenever he exhaled. Meera had been carrying him all day. Food and fire will set him right again, Bran tried to tell himself, though he wasn't sure it would. "I can't fight and carry Jojen both, the climb's too steep," Meera was saying. "Hodor, you take Bran up to that cave."

"Hodor." Hodor clapped his hands together.

LOL

Let's just agree it's the 'back door' B).

On 2/15/2018 at 7:26 AM, AlaskanSandman said:

fan- "Is Bran's paralysis mental or physical? and thus will he walk again?"

GRRM- "Well i wont answer the second half of it but i will say his paralysis is physical."

Par for the course.  A non answer while Martin was in his heyday of interviews. Could mean Bran is gonna fly or it could mean that Bran walks while skinchanging or it could mean any multitude of answers.

Let’s say Bran is paralyzed from his fall. It wasn’t actually a fall --- he was tossed to what Jaime thought was death.

Bran survives the toss. Bran can’t walk. Hodor carries Bran around in a basket on Hodor’s back. In the book Bran is a child who has not yet reached the growth spurt that Issac experienced. Can you imagine Hodor carrying Issac in a basket on his back?

Let’s say moody Jojen’s task was to get Bran to the 3EC and that Jojen’s task is finished.  Strange that the further Jojen gets from his homeland the sicker he gets. Yet his sister feels no such effect (or is that affects). Maybe it has something to do with the moss green eyes.

Martin wrote the long torturous journey of Bran & companions trying to arrive at the destination ---how does Martin get them out? Do the three fingered tree huggers have a canoe stashed down near the river that runs under the cave?

No, She-Ra Meera drags Issac on a sled until Benjen shows up and saves the day. Then poof Bran is at WF.,Does that sound like summtin Martin would/will write.

Is Bran paralyzed? Can he walk?  Well hells bells he drags himself along the ground by using his arm strength.

Bran is pretending to be paralyzed ---lets Hodor carry him around in a basket --- oh the tricks children play. Yea, right.

Archived