How is Littlefinger able to broker a marriage between Harry Hardyng and Alayne Stone?

Angel Eyes

21 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

She saw what it did to Joffrey, so she knows what the result is. Not that risky as long as she has her cover story ready to go in advance. 

I was referring to getting the right dosage, making sure it hits the correct target, etc.  Poisoning can go quite wrong if you're not careful and knowledgeable.  Sansa may be careful, but she isn't knowledgeable.  Besides, as @Morgana Lannister said, I want to see it done in public, too!

19 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

He can't be. Not when GRRM has so beautifully set up how he'll die, and Arya's involvement in it!

Not sure what you refer to, unless it is Jeyne's likely meeting with Arya.  While I expect it to be the catalyst for Arya's return, I don't see Ramsay being part of it.  Arya has yet to seek out any of her prayer list, and I don't see that immediately changing.   Plus, Ramsay hasn't hurt anybody close to her, or that she witnessed.  Off-topic, in any case.

Their authority doesn't but Cersei could hire an assassin. And she absolutely would. Hopefully not one of the Faceless Men, though that would be a convenient way to get Arya back to the North. :D I've been wanting her to foil an FM assassination on a high-level mark.

I doubt Cersei would care enough to send an assassin, even if she could find one.  She seems focused on Tyrion, and probably knows Sansa well enough to realize that she couldn't and wouldn't do something like that on her own.  She would obviously like to get her hands on Sansa, but I don't see her taking extraordinary measures to do so, unlike with Tyrion.

There's an annulment. She can't get one without personally requesting it. The only ways to do so are through the High Septon himself, or a council of the Faith. I doubt they have councils of the Faith in the Vale or the North, and the HS is in KL. While she could keep her marriage to Tyrion, she could also ditch it once she's out of LF's or anyone else's power and have the freedom to choose her own husband--or choose no husband.

We haven't been told hat a council of Faith is, or any procedure for obtaining an annulment, which means that GRRM can pretty much set it up as he wishes.  If the council is a local governing body for the Faith, I would expect the Vale to have one, as it follows the Faith.  Even White Harbour could, since the Manderly's are Seven followers as well.  that's assuming she wants one, in the first place.  For now, remaining married might be the safest option for her, as it limits the ability for others to dangle her as marriage bait.

On 3/18/2018 at 8:10 PM, Morgana Lannister said:

Well, one of the interesting thing about this series is that although we all have the same text there are very disparaging opinions among the readership as to characters motivations and many of them revolve around Sansa somehow.  I am going to stick to my guns for now but hey no disrespect and it may turn out that you are right but I think this character must have learnt something by now lol  Okay, yes she finds him pleasant to look upon but even before he was rude she wasn't 100% trusting of him.  I understand that she kind of prayed that he would like her at least a little and all that but it is not said that she is fantasising about a life with him or even the bedding, failing to do so would mean failing LF, which in present circumstances she cannot afford to do.  To me the backing for that is the reason why she lied to the Lords of the Vale re Lysa's death, i.e. because without LF's backing she could not guarantee their protection of her.  Again, hopefully the next book will tell.

She could have taken the brave approach and revealed Littlefinger's crimes to the Vale lords.  There is no gain without risk.

10 hours ago, Son of Man said:

She could have taken the brave approach and revealed Littlefinger's crimes to the Vale lords.  There is no gain without risk.

Well, if the risk didn't pay out then it could have mean her head.  I think it was prudent to try and figure them out before making any revelations and that requires spending some time with them...

On 3/26/2018 at 5:32 PM, Son of Man said:

Sansa learned a very hard and  brutal  lesson in Kings Landing about trusting anybody who was not named Stark , it's a lesson she has learned very well and it will be long time if ever before she trusts anybody . Why would she think that Vale Lords are any more trustworthy then the rest of the Lord and Knights of Westeroes who stood by and did nothing while she was beaten and her family were betrayed and murdered.

On 3/19/2018 at 5:22 PM, Nevets said:

I was referring to getting the right dosage, making sure it hits the correct target, etc.  Poisoning can go quite wrong if you're not careful and knowledgeable.  Sansa may be careful, but she isn't knowledgeable.  Besides, as @Morgana Lannister said, I want to see it done in public, too!

The right dosage would not be difficult with the strangler, as she knows one crystal in a goblet of wine will do the trick. And it's easy enough to make sure the right target gets it if the two of you are alone in a room and you pour some wine for the target. Point taken on public execution.

Not sure what you refer to, unless it is Jeyne's likely meeting with Arya.  While I expect it to be the catalyst for Arya's return, I don't see Ramsay being part of it.  Arya has yet to seek out any of her prayer list, and I don't see that immediately changing.   Plus, Ramsay hasn't hurt anybody close to her, or that she witnessed.  Off-topic, in any case.

Oh, you haven't seen one of my posts on the subject then. Easy peasy. That one guy at Harrenhal who was on Arya's list and was killed by his own dog? No one understood what happened. Ramsay and his dogs are such a huge thing: his hunting with them, his supposedly training them to kill direwolves, etc. One of the most interesting poisons Arya has learned about is basilisk venom which makes dogs go made, even to turning against their masters. Coincidence? I think not.

Add to that the fact that Roose and Arya must come face to face at some point, and that Arya can easily show up as herself (whether she meets Jeyne or not) and every Northerner who was at the wedding will swear she was the bride, particularly if she does something like show up with Nymeria at her side, or if Rickon and Shaggy are nearby and Shaggy knows her.

Uh, have you by any chance read the Mercy chapter from TWOW?

Spoiler

She gets Raff the Sweetling.

I doubt Cersei would care enough to send an assassin, even if she could find one.  She seems focused on Tyrion, and probably knows Sansa well enough to realize that she couldn't and wouldn't do something like that on her own.  She would obviously like to get her hands on Sansa, but I don't see her taking extraordinary measures to do so, unlike with Tyrion.

You have far more faith in Cersei's having any amount of sense or intelligence than I do. If she finds out where Sansa is, she will do something. In her mind it doesn't matter whether Sansa acted alone or with another, she believes the girl had a hand in killing Joffrey and that is all she'll be thinking about.

We haven't been told hat a council of Faith is, or any procedure for obtaining an annulment, which means that GRRM can pretty much set it up as he wishes.  If the council is a local governing body for the Faith, I would expect the Vale to have one, as it follows the Faith.  Even White Harbour could, since the Manderly's are Seven followers as well.  that's assuming she wants one, in the first place.  For now, remaining married might be the safest option for her, as it limits the ability for others to dangle her as marriage bait.

While we have not been told what a Council of the Faith entails, we do have the author's word that a person seeking an annulment must personally request it. If a Council convened in the Vale to grant Tyrion Lannister's wife an annulment, word would leak out. White Harbor might even be less safe, because it's a port and word travels faster over sea than land sometimes.

I agree that she would be safest still married to Tyrion. But part of her ability to draw sympathy and support is in being a vulnerable orphan of an ancient and noble lineage who has been so badly mistreated by the Lannisters, even to the point of being forced to wed the imp. Make her a single and innocent vulnerable orphan of ancient and noble lineage and her value actually goes up. From LF's point of view at least, there's definite potential in getting that annulment.

Archived