Danys campaign

7 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Lol, ya know, indirectly. But sure. Ned went south to marry off Sansa and Robb went to free her. She also caused the death of Ned and Robert. 

Ned went south, reluctantly, I might add, because Robert asked him to be his Hand. Did Sansa make mistakes? Sure. Same as everyone else, including Ned, Robert, Cersei, Cat, to name a few. 

First big mistake was Ned's; he should have acknowledged his gut feeling and refused Robert, despite Cat's insistence that he accepts the hardship. 

Second big mistake is also Ned's... when Robert lets Cersei bully him into demanding Lady be killed, he should have said something. Yes, Sansa lied. Understandable, seeing that she's an impressionable and naive child who has led a very sheltered and isolated life, and her options here were lie or defy her betrothed "Prince Charming", in front of the her in-laws-to-be, the King and the Queen. Ned knew the truth, Sansa had told him before she has to give her version of events. Ned is the adult here, he knew the truth, and still he went along w/ it. He should have told Robert and Cersei the truth and he should have quit then and there. Oh, and tell Robert to name Stannis his hand as he walks away. But then we wouldn't be reading this story. 

I could go on and on, but won't derail this thread further. But to blame Sansa for the Wot5K, even if half-jokingly, is completely preposterous. 

10 minutes ago, Ylath's Snout said:

Not to be a jerk or anything but @kissdbyfire and @Hugorfonics I feel that you are getting pretty of subject.

23 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I could go on and on, but won't derail this thread further. 

Erhm. You don't have to worry about my off topic comments, since I stated myself that I won't derail the thread further

14 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

Of course I can, are you serious? This story is full of resentment and revenge for long past actions. Jaime is still called "Kingslayer", isn't he?

Was Oberyn wrong to demand a vengeance (and a public confession)?

I mean, you could do whatever you want, I just think it's a stretch. If anything blame the kingslayer, not the king.

12 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Ned went south, reluctantly, I might add, because Robert asked him to be his Hand. 

Come south with me, and I'll teach you how to laugh again," the king promised. "You helped me win this damnable throne, now help me hold it. We were meant to rule together. If Lyanna had lived, we should have been brothers, bound by blood as well as affection. Well, it is not too late. I have a son. You have a daughter. My Joff and your Sansa shall join our houses, as Lyanna and I might once have done."

This offer did surprise him. "Sansa is only eleven."
Robert waved an impatient hand. "Old enough for betrothal. The marriage can wait a few years." The king smiled. "Now stand up and say yes, curse you."
"Nothing would give me greater pleasure, Your Grace," Ned answered. He hesitated. "These honors are all so unexpected. May I have some time to consider? I need to tell my wife . . . "

Ned was prepared to turn down the Hand job (lol), however him and Cat agreed, you can't turn down Sansas hand.

18 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Did Sansa make mistakes? Sure. Same as everyone else, including Ned, Robert, Cersei, Cat, to name a few. 

Word, everyone makes mistakes. Kings and Lords can be faulted, children should not

19 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

First big mistake was Ned's; he should have acknowledged his gut feeling and refused Robert, despite Cat's insistence that he accepts the hardship. 

Idk. To refuse a personal invitation into the entrance of the royal family, and let Cersei complain and whisper in your ear about it, Ned had no choice.

22 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Second big mistake is also Ned's... when Robert lets Cersei bully him into demanding Lady be killed, he should have said something. 

I hated Ned when I first read agot all those years ago, now idk. To turn north or even argue with the king in defense of an animal seems a bit extreme, idk, sad stuff, poor Lady.

25 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

.Yes, Sansa lied. Understandable, seeing that she's an impressionable and naive child who has led a very sheltered and isolated life, and her options here were lie or defy her betrothed "Prince Charming", in front of the her in-laws-to-be, the King and the Queen. Ned knew the truth, Sansa had told him before she has to give her version of events. Ned is the adult here, he knew the truth, and still he went along w/ it. He should have told Robert and Cersei the truth and he should have quit then and there. Oh, and tell Robert to name Stannis his hand as he walks away. But then we wouldn't be reading this story. 

I don't think she lied. I don't remember, she said. It's a child in love for the first time and drunk for the first time, seeing some real traumatic shit go down, a few days later she's brought to confess. "I don't remember" seems more truthful then I remember everything.

Ned knew the truth, as you said Sansa spilled the beans on day one, still the head of Lady was probably worth peace for the realm. 

32 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I could go on and on, but won't derail this thread further. But to blame Sansa for the Wot5K, even if half-jokingly, is completely preposterous. 

Who's joking? Sansa is the main character of asoiaf, it's all about her. And i didn't even talk about Loras' KG job, or Lysas fall.

21 minutes ago, Ylath's Snout said:

Not to be a jerk or anything but @kissdbyfire and @Hugorfonics I feel that you are getting pretty of subject.

Sorry! (These conversations take us everywhere) Dany, Danys campaign. Yea should be good. I don't the the dothraki are as useless as everyone thinks, they would destroy a Westeros army

Back on tracks: who will knit sweaters, gloves, socks and wool beanies for 8300 Unsullieds + 1 great khalasar to which we can add thousands of blankets for the horses (1 dothraki warrior=2 or 3 horses).

Not that I'm passionate about logistics but we can't pretend it doesn't exist…

Just now, Hugorfonics said:

. Yea should be good. I don't the the dothraki are as useless as everyone thinks, they would destroy a Westeros army

Well sure, I never said they are worthless just that Dany will have to pull of very hards things for them to be a net-positive:

1 Manage a truly impressive PR campaign that convinces everyone that the people whose three modes of interaction with outsiders are: "Rapin', Raidin' and Slavin' ", blackmail to avoid RRnS and selling slave, won't be doing any of that. If she can't then she'll have plenty of Brotherhood without Banners-knock offs to deal with everywhere. IF you want a kingdom to rule then you can't really apply dragonfire to insurgency guerrilla fighters. This problem could stick around for any of Dany's descendants if Dany's reconquest gets a generally negative reputation.

2 Create a new social and economic order that satisfactory to Westerosi smallfolk, Westerosi nobility and any Dothraki that remain in Westeros (Dany having a hegemony over Essos is outside the scope of this threat, but I'm not seeing it if she goes west). The Ironborn are a blight on the seven kingdoms but at least they have iron producing as a side gig from reaving. Near as I can tell the Dothraki only export violence and slaves. Can't really have them RRnSing t7k if you want to rules those same kingdoms. Converting the khalasars into peaceful horse herders would be a pretty bitter pill to swallow for the warriors that just help Dany take the IT. Not to mention that it would take a lot of land, land that other people are using and/or have a legal claim to.

22 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

who will knit sweaters, gloves, socks and wool beanies for 8300 Unsullieds + 1 great khalasar to which we can add thousands of blankets for the horses (1 dothraki warrior=2 or 3 horses).

Not to mention feed for the horses. Can't just send them grazing when there is a feet of snow in the way. Maybe khalasar could be parked in the south of Westeros but that is bound to cause a ton of problems too. Overgrazing, bored warriors with nothing to do and a larger than normal strain on the food supply during winter.

12 minutes ago, Ylath's Snout said:

Well sure, I never said they are worthless just that Dany will have to pull of very hards things for them to be a net-positive:

1 Manage a truly impressive PR campaign that convinces everyone that the people whose three modes of interaction with outsiders are: "Rapin', Raidin' and Slavin' ", blackmail to avoid RRnS and selling slave, won't be doing any of that. If she can't then she'll have plenty of Brotherhood without Banners-knock offs to deal with everywhere. IF you want a kingdom to rule then you can't really apply dragonfire to insurgency guerrilla fighters. This problem could stick around for any of Dany's descendants if Dany's reconquest gets a generally negative reputation.

2 Create a new social and economic order that satisfactory to Westerosi smallfolk, Westerosi nobility and any Dothraki that remain in Westeros (Dany having a hegemony over Essos is outside the scope of this threat, but I'm not seeing it if she goes west). The Ironborn are a blight on the seven kingdoms but at least they have iron producing as a side gig from reaving. Near as I can tell the Dothraki only export violence and slaves. Can't really have them RRnSing t7k if you want to rules those same kingdoms. Converting the khalasars into peaceful horse herders would be a pretty bitter pill to swallow for the warriors that just help Dany take the IT. Not to mention that it would take a lot of land, land that other people are using and/or have a legal claim to.

1. RRnS is kinda the go to strategy for Westeros warriors as well as Dothraki, think Mountains men, Eurons army, Rooses, etc. ( I suppose the Mountain and Roose only serfdomed Arya and them, but it's pretty much slavery)

2. Lol reservations for all who don't resemble the Comanche, I like it. (There is plenty of land to give away, if they rhyme with "usurpers hogs" theres no reason to think their hedgomony will be safe) I don't think the Dothraki are uncontrollable, the wildlings seem crazier but Jon and Stannis made them into kneelers. Also Danys khallasar are controlled in Qarth and Slavers Bay, no reason others won't as well

5 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

RRnS is kinda the go to strategy for Westeros warriors

The difference is, westerosi don't just fight in war all the time. All the Dothraki seem to do pretty much three things: RRnS, getting tribute to not RRnS and go to places where they do number the other two things. The forced labour of the people in Harrenhal is bad but they didn't seek to seek people. That sort of thing matters when it comes to popular opinion and can be capitalized on by forces seeking to undermine Dany's rule.

10 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Also Danys khallasar are controlled in Qarth and Slavers Bay

Dany was right there with them and her khalasar is relatively small. Ruling a united Dothraki people as you seem to be suggesting by force of personality alone is something on an entirely different scale. Especially if she doesn't kill off all the Khals that could challenge or undermine her leadership. They have plenty of incentive to keep on RRnSing and would see most of Westeros as an smorgasbord to feast on.

28 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

There is plenty of land to give away, if they rhyme with "usurpers hogs" theres no reason to think their hedgomony will be safe

Feudal ownership of the land isn't the largest problem, although tearing up existing social orders isn't great if you want a stable kingdom. Smallfolk are already farming the kind of land that the dothraki would want for pasture. Farming tends make more effective use of the land for food production. In Westero with their whack-ass winters you need seemingly to store up years worth of produce to survive. Can't really do that with horses. Even if the khals take to the role of settled feudal nobility with gusto the regular screams can't all become landed knights and their skill-set beyond RRnS is limited at best. 

So a pretty big powder keg is you ask me.

44 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

the wildlings seem crazier but Jon and Stannis made them into kneelers

We don't know if any of that will "stick" and the free folk are in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. That sort of things can make a people more malleable. As of right now the Dothraki are pretty much king-jerkface of Essos so they as a whole and foremost the khals have no incentive for change.

48 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Lol reservations for all who don't resemble the Comanche, I like it.

Sorry I don't get what you are trying to say here.

24 minutes ago, Ylath's Snout said:

The difference is, westerosi don't just fight in war all the time. All the Dothraki seem to do pretty much three things: RRnS, getting tribute to not RRnS and go to places where they do number the other two things. 

The wildlings and ironborn seem to fight nonstop, and I know there's peace between Dorne and the Reach, but the border still seems kinda dangerous. 

The Dothraki are a warrior culture, sure. Warring and slaving is their way of life, but Dany ended that. There is no money to be made in Slavers Bay, the Dothraki have to adapt and find a new way of life, whether it's in Essos or Westeros, Drogos way of life is over.

29 minutes ago, Ylath's Snout said:

.The forced labour of the people in Harrenhal is bad but they didn't seek to seek people. That sort of thing matters when it comes to popular opinion and can be capitalized on by forces seeking to undermine Dany's rule.

Sorry, I don't understand what your saying about Harenhall. Popular opinion will always work against her (your father was whom?)

32 minutes ago, Ylath's Snout said:

Dany was right there with them and her khalasar is relatively small. Ruling a united Dothraki people as you seem to be suggesting by force of personality alone is something on an entirely different scale. Especially if she doesn't kill off all the Khals that could challenge or undermine her leadership. 

Not force of personality, force of Drogon. (And, as I said, Dany already destroyed their way of life) The Dothraki are hard to control, but they can be, Dany barked orders that were followed before Drogos death.

37 minutes ago, Ylath's Snout said:

They have plenty of incentive to keep on RRnSing and would see most of Westeros as an smorgasbord to feast on.

Dothraki pillage to sell their plunder/slaves, their income was in Ghiscaris Slavers Bay. Nowhere in Westeros will there be a market like that, in terms of size and reputation, thusly no incentive to RRnS.

46 minutes ago, Ylath's Snout said:

Feudal ownership of the land isn't the largest problem, although tearing up existing social orders isn't great if you want a stable kingdom. Smallfolk are already farming the kind of land that the dothraki would want for pasture. Farming tends make more effective use of the land for food production. In Westero with their whack-ass winters you need seemingly to store up years worth of produce to survive. Can't really do that with horses. Even if the khals take to the role of settled feudal nobility with gusto the regular screams can't all become landed knights and their skill-set beyond RRnS is limited at best. 

So a pretty big powder keg is you ask me.

We don't know if any of that will "stick" and the free folk are in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. That sort of things can make a people more malleable. As of right now the Dothraki are pretty much king-jerkface of Essos so they as a whole and foremost the khals have no incentive for change.

Lol, I'm telling you a landed knights skill set is RRnS. 

It's not gonna be easy or fun, but the dothraki are human, no reason to think they can't replace their horses for plows, everyone can learn.

As I said in this post, the Dothraki way of life is over, their incentive is survival.

49 minutes ago, Ylath's Snout said:

Sorry I don't get what you are trying to say here.

The Comanche are a tribe of Native Americans. 150 years ago they were a fighting force that made life on the frontier very dangerous for Spanish, Mexicans, Americans and other Natives. They were the defacto killers on horseback. At the end of the the 19th century they agreed to live in a reservation, where they are today. The belief was that they were tired of getting killed by the American army, though in truth their lifestyle died with the buffalo,  (similar to Dany ending slavery) once your job stops you must find new employment. 

16 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

The Dothraki are a warrior culture, sure. Warring and slaving is their way of life, but Dany ended that. There is no money to be made in Slavers Bay, the Dothraki have to adapt and find a new way of life, whether it's in Essos or Westeros, Drogos way of life is over.

This statement is kinda invalidated by this one

16 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

ironborn seem to fight nonstop

The IB were a part of a dragon-backed Targ state for almost 300 years and they still seem to have been keeping up with their RR and Thrall-getting through out.

27 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Lol, I'm telling you a landed knights skill set is RRnS. 

First of they are supposed to do other things as-well. Take care of local administration and law for example.

The big difference however is how much they RR. Dothraki do is non-stop whereas a landed knight should only be fighting (and RRing as a subset of that) when their ledige lord calls them to war with a proper casus belli. Also theoretically knightly vows should preclude knight from RRing. That isn't the case in practice but going full "the Mountain" frowned upon by westerosi while it is embraced by the Dothraki.

A landed knight lives off his tax incomes with RR being a side income. Dothraki are pretty much the opposite.

36 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Not force of personality, force of Drogon. (And, as I said, Dany already destroyed their way of life) The Dothraki are hard to control, but they can be, Dany barked orders that were followed before Drogos death

37 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Dothraki pillage to sell their plunder/slaves, their income was in Ghiscaris Slavers Bay. Nowhere in Westeros will there be a market like that, in terms of size and reputation, thusly no incentive to RRnS.

These two bits of text makes me think that  you seem to be assuming that season 6 of the tv show is canon. But slavery in SB isn't over in any way shape or form.  Astapor and Yunkai have reverted to their slaving ways and are making war on Meereen. Heck they are getting back-up from a Khalasar IIRC.

Even if Dany stopped slavery permanently and irrevocably in SB, somehow, there are still plenty of other cities that are willing to buy slaves. Also the plunder and slaver, horrific as it is to say, have intrinsic value to the Dothraki. Seemingly all menial labor is performed by slaves. So taking out SB might hurt the profit margin of RRnS but they could keep on doing it.

46 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

It's not gonna be easy or fun, but the dothraki are human, no reason to think they can't replace their horses for plows, everyone can learn.

I never mean to imply that they can't change. My point is that the political strife trying to force them to change would cause more problems then they are worth to Dany.

----

52 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Sorry, I don't understand what your saying about Harenhall.

Sorry I misspelled, I meant to say seek to sell people. My point was that while some knights do force captives to do force labor, outside of the IB that isn't permanent. So Westerosi knights commit RR not RRnS. While both are immoral and shity there is a difference that would matter to popular opinion. Dany doesn't need to hang anymore anchors around her neck in that regard.

1 hour ago, Ylath's Snout said:

This statement is kinda invalidated by this one

The IB were a part of a dragon-backed Targ state for almost 300 years and they still seem to have been keeping up with their RR and Thrall-getting through out.

Not that much though. More then most, not enough to make anyone stop it. Even they acknowledge it's the old way. And the new way in essence is the same, just gotta say a bunch of vows like Jaime.

First of they are supposed to do other things as-well. Take care of local administration and law for example.

The big difference however is how much they RR. Dothraki do is non-stop whereas a landed knight should only be fighting (and RRing as a subset of that) when their ledige lord calls them to war with a proper casus belli. Also theoretically knightly vows should preclude knight from RRing. That isn't the case in practice but going full "the Mountain" frowned upon by westerosi while it is embraced by the Dothraki.

A landed knight lives off his tax incomes with RR being a side income. Dothraki are pretty much the opposite.

Yea, I agree with that, maybe not the part about Gregor. He's frowned upon by the Dornish and Riverlanders, but I'm sure the men in the Reach were glad he was on their side. Imagine what a Bolton could do with a Mountain.

Thse two bits of text makes me think that  you seem to be assuming that season 6 of the tv show is canon. But slavery in SB isn't over in any way shape or form.  Astapor and Yunkai have reverted to their slaving ways and are making war on Meereen. Heck they are getting back-up from a Khalasar IIRC.

I stopped watching like S4, maybe 5. Whenever the show caught up.

I don't think they're getting back up from a khallasar. And, whatever, Aspator and Yunkai are being held momentarily after already giving up slavery, they're pretty much starting from scratch. It's temporary like the slave selling outside Merren gates or peace. 

I mean, do you doubt Selmy will lose, or the unsullieed, why would Tyrion switch to the loser side?

Even if Dany stopped slavery permanently and irrevocably in SB, somehow, there are still plenty of other cities that are willing to buy slaves. 

Where? Qarth? Some Free City? They'll sell em all out. Slavers Bay is most of the world's producers, cutting em out had got to cripple their biggest supplier.

.Also the plunder and slaver, horrific as it is to say, have intrinsic value to the Dothraki. Seemingly all menial labor is performed by slaves. So taking out SB might hurt the profit margin of RRnS but they could keep on doing it.

But they can't sell, or at least not for as much profit. However if they're part of Danys army they can feel free to RR while getting a paycheck to pay for servents

Sorry I misspelled, I meant to say seek to sell people. My point was that while some knights do force captives to do force labor, outside of the IB that isn't permanent. So Westerosi knights commit RR not RRnS. While both are immoral and shity there is a difference that would matter to popular opinion. Dany doesn't need to hang anymore anchors around her neck in that regard.

Agreed

I never mean to imply that they can't change. My point is that the political strife trying to force them to change would cause more problems then they are worth to Dany.

Daughter of the mad king with an army of former slaves and three monsters. With Darrio on her arm, probably the Imp in the background. Give her a few thousand dothraki screamers, her pr is already at rock bottom.

Now what they're worth? Come on. Illyrio and Varys knew. Jorah knows. And Dany knows. She's got the infantry, she could use some calvery/archery, plus she's already familiar with their fighting style, they're kind of a must

5 hours ago, Nowy Tends said:

Back on tracks: who will knit sweaters, gloves, socks and wool beanies for 8300 Unsullieds + 1 great khalasar to which we can add thousands of blankets for the horses (1 dothraki warrior=2 or 3 horses).

Not that I'm passionate about logistics but we can't pretend it doesn't exist…

The unsullied have been in a huge city for some time id imagine by now shes managed to get em sone some winter clothes

Dothraki dont wear armour true but that doesnt mean theyve never seen a winter before so prob have nice thick clothes

5 hours ago, Ylath's Snout said:

Not to mention feed for the horses. Can't just send them grazing when there is a feet of snow in the way. Maybe khalasar could be parked in the south of Westeros but that is bound to cause a ton of problems too. Overgrazing, bored warriors with nothing to do and a larger than normal strain on the food supply during winter.

To be fair grmm has never cleared up how anythinh survives 7 years of snow and ice !

23 minutes ago, hodorisfaclessman said:

Dothraki dont wear armour true but that doesnt mean theyve never seen a winter before so prob have nice thick clothes

Do we know if there are winters in Essos? I am having a very hard time seeing how a nomadic people with the population of the larger Khalasars could deal with snow and permafrost during winters that lasts years. Settled people I can handwave with "they have crazy long summers to grow food" and "ehh I guess they are super good at preservation"

30 minutes ago, hodorisfaclessman said:

The unsullied have been in a huge city for some time id imagine by now shes managed to get em sone some winter clothes

Considering that Dany can be something of a bumbler at times would she even know that winter is coming before she launches a invasion? Aegon the Conqueror had years of planning time, I don't think Dany will have the time for that.

55 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

I mean, do you doubt Selmy will lose, or the unsullieed, why would Tyrion switch to the loser side?

Tyrion had made mistakes before.

I suspect that Slaver Bay is a big problem for Martine. Ending slavery in a way that will endure Dany leaving for Westeros is going to take a lot of time and hard work. Meaning the Dany will have to miss the finale in T7K. Or she can just haul ass and leave the whole Meereen story kinda hollow.

1 hour ago, Hugorfonics said:

Imagine what a Bolton could do with a Mountain.

I'd rather not, I like sleeping from time to time.

And, whatever, Aspator and Yunkai are being held momentarily after already giving up slavery, they're pretty much starting from scratch.

I really don't agree with your take on this. The fact that they reverted to slavery show that despite Dany being in neighborhood with her three dragon failed to make her reforms lasting.

But they can't sell, or at least not for as much profit. However if they're part of Danys army they can feel free to RR while getting a paycheck to pay for servents

Not after she wins and if they go full Dothraki on a already wartorn country Dany will earn everyone's hate as she tries to rule a smoldering charnel house. Keep in mind that the Dothraki have wiped out whole cities in the past. That makes the Rains of Castamere look pretty quaint.

Now what they're worth? Come on. Illyrio and Varys knew. Jorah knows.

I am doubtful of Illyrio and Varys evaluation seeing as the Dany-Drogo match might have been nothing but a smokescreen to hide Aegon while the T7K rips itself apart. Also AFAIK now of them are military men so ehhh.

Jorah has some credibility seeing as he has fought in both Westeros and Essos. But plenty of characters seem to overestimate the fighting prowes of whoever they are fighting alongside.

From GoT Arya III: "So they do, but every northerner is worth ten of these southron swords, so you can sleep easy."

In the end I think she would bring along Dothraki if she could but I think in the end they would cost her much more than what they could win her in the field.

On 5/15/2018 at 9:07 PM, Ylath's Snout said:

Do we know if there are winters in Essos? I am having a very hard time seeing how a nomadic people with the population of the larger Khalasars could deal with snow and permafrost during winters that lasts years. Settled people I can handwave with "they have crazy long summers to grow food" and "ehh I guess they are super good at preservation"

Considering that Dany can be something of a bumbler at times would she even know that winter is coming before she launches a invasion? Aegon the Conqueror had years of planning time, I don't think Dany will have the time for that.

Its never been suggested to be a westetos only thing and nomadic peoples do just fine in the winter 

Word could spread plus id imagine her unsullied will have gotten more substantial clothing just for night anyway....deserts can be deathly  freezing cold at nite

1 hour ago, hodorisfaclessman said:

nomadic peoples do just fine in the winter 

Sure they can live through a regular winter, hey the sami people of northern Scandinavia has done so for millennia but it is one thing to deal with a winter that lasts a couple of months and one that lasts a couple of years. TBH it feels like an oversight on GRRM's part, pretty minor but still.

5 hours ago, Ylath's Snout said:

Sure they can live through a regular winter, hey the sami people of northern Scandinavia has done so for millennia but it is one thing to deal with a winter that lasts a couple of months and one that lasts a couple of years. TBH it feels like an oversight on GRRM's part, pretty minor but still.

True but For grmms world  that applies to all of westeros etc

Archived