Moving Right Alolan - More Pokemon Go!

Fragile Bird

1 hour ago, Maltaran said:

More likely the person has a Switch and the Let's Go game.

A friend gave me a go at collecting some from a Mystery Box from his switch. Sadly, they were all mediocre, best one had an IV of 87. Now I want to find someone to trade with!

I wish they would let us long-distance trade with friends, at least once a day as a special!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2019 at 4:33 PM, Greywolf2375 said:

This game is killing me.  I am still on 5/9 for the Meltan because I haven't seen a Grimer since before Thanksgiving.

I'm still stuck on 3/9 - catch a Ditto. So many crap Pokemon caught looking for one... 

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, Vaughn said:

It's way, way, way too slow to get Sinnoh Stones. 

Oh dear. Did you not get your ten by doing 5 battles with a friend and 5 battles with a trainer on Swinub Community Day?

My fellow players told me about it, I wouldn't have known otherwise.

They have been constantly bugging me to take pictures of pokemon. Now it turns out there is a new Gen 2 mon you can catch, but only if you take a picture with your new camera first. The pokemon, Smeargle, will try to photo bomb your picture. You can then catch him in the wild.

One of my friends said he had to take 267 pictures before Smeargle popped up. Maybe he started too soon, because another friend had Smeargle show up in his first picture.

Smeargle will have the moves of the pokemon you were taking a picture of.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2019/02/25/how-to-find-and-catch-smeargle-in-pokemon-go/#699eb8965299

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

Oh dear. Did you not get your ten by doing 5 battles with a friend and 5 battles with a trainer on Swinub Community Day?

No, I missed that. I didn't realize you can get them through trainer battles, I guess I'll try that avenue. 

37 minutes ago, Vaughn said:

No, I missed that. I didn't realize you can get them through trainer battles, I guess I'll try that avenue. 

Yeah, you can get one reward per day when you fight your team leaders (go to the nearby pokemon/raid section, and scroll to the left) and 3 per day when you do pvp against another trainer. 

And that's by far the best way to get them. Otherwise you might, maybe, get one every week for your weekly field research. It's bullshit, and it's idiotic that they're not a field research quest drop or just a random spin drop from stops. 

4 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

I didn't realize 10 were an option, but I did get 5...I think I only need two more for the current  available Shinnoh Stone upgrades...

They have been constantly bugging me to take pictures of pokemon. Now it turns out there is a new Gen 2 mon you can catch, but only if you take a picture with your new camera first. The pokemon, Smeargle, will try to photo bomb your picture. You can then catch him in the wild.

One of my friends said he had to take 267 pictures before Smeargle popped up. Maybe he started too soon, because another friend had Smeargle show up in his first picture.

Smeargle will have the moves of the pokemon you were taking a picture of.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2019/02/25/how-to-find-and-catch-smeargle-in-pokemon-go/#699eb8965299

Ah...so I guess I'll try to figure out the camera...

6 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Ah...so I guess I'll try to figure out the camera...

It’s the one that shows up under Items. Touch the camera and your poke bag pops up, pick a mon to take a picture! Some people have posted really good pics!

eta: if you choose Magikarp, it will be monstrously huge! 

It’s the one that shows up under Items. Touch the camera and your poke bag pops up, pick a mon to take a picture! Some people have posted really good pics!

eta: if you choose Magikarp, it will be monstrously huge! 

Yah. That's the easy part.  Posting pictures where though?  On a specific site? 

2 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Yah. That's the easy part.  Posting pictures where though?  On a specific site? 

Once you finish taking pics, you can see them. Smeargle will be in it or not. If he is, he will spawn. 

18 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Once you finish taking pics, you can see them. Smeargle will be in it or not. If he is, he will spawn. 

Is it mainly caught pokemon? Or one's you're catching? That's what I've not been 100% clear on.

2 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Is it mainly caught pokemon? Or one's you're catching? That's what I've not been 100% clear on.

You can do it for either, but I found it a lot easier to do it for the ones you've already caught. 

Archived