TTTNE 473: An Obsession of Joshes

Buckwheat

So I think it’s time to stop rationalizing and just admit that I made a crappy decision moving here. 

I can count the quite days this street has seen on one hand, when there isn’t a college party, there’s a construction, the pavement is filthy, there might as well be a brothel in the neighboring building, the walls are thinner than paper, the renovation is low quality, and now I have a goddamn sign on my doorbell by the gate, which according to google is burglar code for places burglers want to break into. The whole damn block is decorated with these signs and I can’t freaking believe I paid such an unbelievable amount of money to live in this bloody street. What was I thinking? I so shouldn’t have made a compromise on the zip code, I so should have stayed in a decent district and made a compromise on the state or size of the flat... like why the hell did I think that this district is good enough, some one, it’s the slum of this side of the river... and you would think you’re safe if you stay on this side... ugh... I’m so angry with myself. 

Had my earphones in whilst sitting out in the garden (in the shade, obviously, because Suns out Gingers in is a sad but accurate saying). Was getting into it and doing seated dancing. Started singing away. Realised belatedly that my neighbours were also sitting out in their garden. Usually I would be embarrassed but sweet Sa i hate them so so so much anyway i don't care if they laugh at me. 

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

So I think it’s time to stop rationalizing and just admit that I made a crappy decision moving here.

Yikes. Just stay safe, Rhae.

15 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Had my earphones in whilst sitting out in the garden (in the shade, obviously, because Suns out Gingers in is a sad but accurate saying). Was getting into it and doing seated dancing. Started singing away. Realised belatedly that my neighbours were also sitting out in their garden. Usually I would be embarrassed but sweet Sa i hate them so so so much anyway i don't care if they laugh at me. 

Please say it was a song with really inappropriate lyrics. :lol:

My earphones broke yesterday on the bus (the last song they played was You Ruined Everything, You ... you know). Now I still have the older pair that works, but the cord is too short on that, so I cannot stick my phone into my pocket and walk listening to music. First world problems. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Yikes. Just stay safe, Rhae.

Please say it was a song with really inappropriate lyrics. :lol:

My earphones broke yesterday on the bus (the last song they played was You Ruined Everything, You ... you know). Now I still have the older pair that works, but the cord is too short on that, so I cannot stick my phone into my pocket and walk listening to music. First world problems. :rolleyes:

I wish I could say it was First Penis I Saw or Strip Away my Conscience or something but sadly no, it was 100 years. 

Okkkkay, so I’ll need to start using the alarm system.  Aaaand I’ll need to talk to the super and ask if the security camera at the gate is working at all. And put all the stickers on the gate. That there’s an alarm system and a security camera. 

Btw, if this really is burglar code then HOW dumb are burglars? They could just take a photo of the doorbells and mark the photo and send it around, so residents would never know. But now the district Facebook group tells me it can also be a sign used by people bringing fliers to mark who they can ring to get access to mail boxes... 

why do I have to deal with grown up shit like this when I have a full shelf dedicated to fantasy merch? 

And yeah... Facebook IQ levels are still frightening... 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Okkkkay, so I’ll need to start using the alarm system.  Aaaand I’ll need to talk to the super and ask if the security camera at the gate is working at all. And put all the stickers on the gate. That there’s an alarm system and a security camera. 

Btw, if this really is burglar code then HOW dumb are burglars? They could just take a photo of the doorbells and mark the photo and send it around, so residents would never know. But now the district Facebook group tells me it can also be a sign used by people bringing fliers to mark who they can ring to get access to mail boxes... 

why do I have to deal with grown up shit like this when I have a full shelf dedicated to fantasy merch? 

And yeah... Facebook IQ levels are still frightening... 

I’m not sure what the rules are in your Country, is buying a gun an option, oooo a burglar *BANG*.

That is definately my half American Side talking not the English one :P.

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

I’m not sure what the rules are in your Country, is buying a gun an option, oooo a burglar *BANG*.

That is definately my half American Side talking not the English one :P.

It is absolutely forbidden to just buy a gun. One must take all kinds of exams and get all kinds of permits to be able to own one, and then permits for the lock unit said gun must be kept in for safety reason. This ain’t no America where we whip out a khalasnikov from the knicker drawer and shoot people we don’t like. No offense to America, of course, the harm isn’t in the possibility of owning guns but in abusing it. 

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

It is absolutely forbidden to just buy a gun. One must take all kinds of exams and get all kinds of permits to be able to own one, and then permits for the lock unit said gun must be kept in for safety reason. This ain’t no America where we whip out a khalasnikov from the knicker drawer and shoot people we don’t like. No offense to America, of course, the harm isn’t in the possibility of owning guns but in abusing it. 

Oh, that sounds like a lot of hassle, they are completely banned in the UK not even with permits.

I don’t like guns much, they’re inelegant weapons for uncivilised people :P, far better to strike down a burglar with a lightsaber :D.

Also, how big is your knicker drawer to fit a Kalashnikov in it :o.

4 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

:lol:That is the most important question about this topic?

I want a 47 kg fluffy dog.

2 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Oh, that sounds like a lot of hassle, they are completely banned in the UK not even with permits.

I don’t like guns much, they’re inelegant weapons for uncivilised people :P, far better to strike down a burglar with a lightsaber :D.

Really? No hunting rifles in the UK? What do posh people shoot grouse with? 

I googled it just for you, and you’re correct. A Kalashnikov is 17cms too big to fit in my knicker drawer. 

I hope you all know this kinda oversharing about my knicker drawer only happens when I drink. 

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Obviously. 

I’d be content with a 10kg fluffy dog. 

31 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I googled it just for you, and you’re correct. A Kalashnikov is 17cms too big to fit in my knicker drawer. 

I hope you all know this kinda oversharing about my knicker drawer only happens when I drink. 

Obviously. 

Oh yeah, you can have rifles or shotguns with a licence which they’re very strict on issuing for posh people to go hunting, but all stuff like pistols and assault rifles etc are completely banned, which is not to say criminals don’t obtain guns anyway, overall I’m happier with them not being around, I’m not really a fan of guns.

How long is a Kalashnikov?, since you’ve shared, I feel compelled to tell the thread if I could get one in my knicker drawer now :P, Buck, you have to also.

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Agreed!.

I want a 0.47 kg fluffy hop hop!, that is sure to strike fear into the heart of any burglar.

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Obviously. 

You are being funny. I like it when people are being funny in this thread. :D

38 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

How long is a Kalashnikov?, since you’ve shared, I feel compelled to tell the thread if I could get one in my knicker drawer now :P, Buck, you have to also.

Then I have to overshare that I do not have my clothing in drawers. I keep them all in wardrobes/closets (what is the correct word for it?).

I am sure a shooting weapon would fit into my biggest wardrobe. But then I don't want to have a weapon and am quite content with the fact that owning weapons is not the standard and not easy in this country.

38 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

I want a 0.47 kg fluffy hop hop!, that is sure to strike fear into the heart of any burglar.

Killer bunny! :eek:

I feel obliged to defend the American way of life . Considering independence day just passed ,the second amendment seems to have worked . On the other hand it definitely is a different culture to what you have in Europe .

For me personally guns and hours at the shooting range  weren't that uncommon since my father was in the air force and liked to take me along . I enjoyed it and still do.  (I even have a concealed carry license) 

Dogs under 10 kg aren't really dogs imo . Archibald is a bit on the heavy side for his breed but he's healthy and not fat.

10 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Oh yeah, you can have rifles or shotguns with a licence which they’re very strict on issuing for posh people to go hunting, but all stuff like pistols and assault rifles etc are completely banned, which is not to say criminals don’t obtain guns anyway, overall I’m happier with them not being around, I’m not really a fan of guns.

Oh yeah, I’m pretty sure those are forbidden to get for a civilian here. The info I have on gun ownership comes from my dad’s hunting rifles. And I agree with you, people are on average too dumb to responsibly own a gun, hence the best way is to not let them near guns. 

97 cms according to the webpage I found. 

9 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Then I have to overshare that I do not have my clothing in drawers. I keep them all in wardrobes/closets (what is the correct word for it?).

I am sure a shooting weapon would fit into my biggest wardrobe. But then I don't want to have a weapon and am quite content with the fact that owning weapons is not the standard and not easy in this country.

Doesn’t your closet have drawers, though? I don’t have a chest of drawers either, but my closet has drawer units. 

And agreed again, guns shouldn’t be easy to obtain. The most dangerous things I own are kitchen knives, paprika spray and frying pans. 

7 hours ago, Vin said:

I feel obliged to defend the American way of life . Considering independence day just passed ,the second amendment seems to have worked . On the other hand it definitely is a different culture to what you have in Europe .

For me personally guns and hours at the shooting range  weren't that uncommon since my father was in the air force and liked to take me along . I enjoyed it and still do.  (I even have a concealed carry license) 

Dogs under 10 kg aren't really dogs imo . Archibald is a bit on the heavy side for his breed but he's healthy and not fat.

I always loved the idea of learning to shoot as a kid and I had water guns, crafted weapons for my barbies from stuff I found around the house, and I always wanted toy rifles to go with my Padmé outfit, which I even cut up, and sometimes went to the length of drawing “cuts” with red face paint crayon on my arm and back. I even went to the school fair of the homeland security university when I was 17 - and met very handsome guys who went there.  But as I grew up and realized I wasn’t physically or mentally or anythingally cut out for that kinda career, my obsession with gunfights and spying remained on the level of watching James Bond, reading spy books and buying Kalashnikov bullet shaped ice trays on eBay. Which is just the right way for life to have gone. 

Archibald is a great name for a dog. :thumbsup: 

Wow this is an oversharing-rich 24 hours... 

11 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

It’s the same in this Country and I agree with you, it’s better.

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh yeah, I’m pretty sure those are forbidden to get for a civilian here. The info I have on gun ownership comes from my dad’s hunting rifles. And I agree with you, people are on average too dumb to responsibly own a gun, hence the best way is to not let them near guns. 

97 cms according to the webpage I found. 

Doesn’t your closet have drawers, though? I don’t have a chest of drawers either, but my closet has drawer units. 

And agreed again, guns shouldn’t be easy to obtain. The most dangerous things I own are kitchen knives, paprika spray and frying pans. 

I always loved the idea of learning to shoot as a kid and I had water guns, crafted weapons for my barbies from stuff I found around the house, and I always wanted toy rifles to go with my Padmé outfit, which I even cut up, and sometimes went to the length of drawing “cuts” with red face paint crayon on my arm and back. I even went to the school fair of the homeland security university when I was 17 - and met very handsome guys who went there.  But as I grew up and realized I wasn’t physically or mentally or anythingally cut out for that kinda career, my obsession with gunfights and spying remained on the level of watching James Bond, reading spy books and buying Kalashnikov bullet shaped ice trays on eBay. Which is just the right way for life to have gone. 

Archibald is a great name for a dog. :thumbsup: 

Wow this is an oversharing-rich 24 hours... 

Firstly I have to inform you all that a Kalashnikov would not fit in my knicker drawer either.

Awwww I bet you were so cute in your Padme outfit running around pretending to shoot things!, did you do your hair a bit like hers too?.

Imagine how bad I felt at that age, there are no role models for little Sith girls :(

14 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

It’s the same in this Country and I agree with you, it’s better.

Firstly I have to inform you all that a Kalashnikov would not fit in my knicker drawer either.

Awwww I bet you were so cute in your Padme outfit running around pretending to shoot things!, did you do your hair a bit like hers too?.

Imagine how bad I felt at that age, there are no role models for little Sith girls :(

Hah, is there anybody who has a big enough knicker drawer for a Kalashnikov? We must find out now. 

Yeah that was one of my cuter eras. And yeah, I did that twisted strand bun thing, or tried to, at least. I was at least 16 by the time I got decent at controlling my hair. 

Yeah, clone wars came along too late. Though it’s probably lucky you didn’t shave your head bold as a kid. 

42 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Hah, is there anybody who has a big enough knicker drawer for a Kalashnikov? We must find out now. 

Yeah that was one of my cuter eras. And yeah, I did that twisted strand bun thing, or tried to, at least. I was at least 16 by the time I got decent at controlling my hair. 

Yeah, clone wars came along too late. Though it’s probably lucky you didn’t shave your head bold as a kid. 

I wouldn’t have, I love my hair!, besides she was no proper Sith, Darth Zannah, that’s my tole

model :D.

Archived