TTTNE 473: An Obsession of Joshes

Buckwheat

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Show to that pesky rain that water can move the other way too?

So I was just reading a book about fantasy literature from the 1980s. Some good stuff in there. Such as:

- fantasy and erotic literature are closely related

- the author thinks it is barely possible that one can add anything new to the vampire-mythos. Again, that was written in the 80s. I am really courious about what he thinks about the current wave of teenage vampire fiction. :lol:

One thing I never understand in this teenage vampire fiction is, ok won’t lie, being a super powerful immortal vampire would be pretty awesome, but if I were a centuries/millennia old vampire I’d surely have better things to do than try and seduce teenagers and go to their high school and take them to prom night, oh or sparkle, never sparkle that’s just too many shades of wrong.

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Show to that pesky rain that water can move the other way too?

So I was just reading a book about fantasy literature from the 1980s. Some good stuff in there. Such as:

- fantasy and erotic literature are closely related

- the author thinks it is barely possible that one can add anything new to the vampire-mythos. Again, that was written in the 80s. I am really courious about what he thinks about the current wave of teenage vampire fiction. :lol:

Excellent point, I never thought of that. 

Of course they are, why else would fantasy comics/video games feature female warriors in metal panties and E cup bras and male ones topless with bulging muscles? 

:lol: at vampire literature.

I'm selling some old stuff on facebook as my mother finally decided to attempt to get rid of 25 years of junk. 

4 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

One thing I never understand in this teenage vampire fiction is, ok won’t lie, being a super powerful immortal vampire would be pretty awesome, but if I were a centuries/millennia old vampire I’d surely have better things to do than try and seduce teenagers and go to their high school and take them to prom night, oh or sparkle, never sparkle that’s just too many shades of wrong.

Like maybe ... fifty? Fifty, that's a lot of shades of wrong. :P

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Excellent point, I never thought of that. 

Of course they are, why else would fantasy comics/video games feature female warriors in metal panties and E cup bras and male ones topless with bulging muscles? 

:lol: at vampire literature.

I'm selling some old stuff on facebook as my mother finally decided to attempt to get rid of 25 years of junk. 

Good point about the comics/video games. :lol:

Speaking of fantasy comics, guess who just bought Part 2 of the Stadt der Träumenden Bücher comic? :commie: Hildegunst von Mythenmetz, here I come.*

*I actually don't think there are any female warriors in mental panties and E cup bras nor male topless ones with bulging muscles in there. Because none of the characters are even human, except if the comic significantly diverges from the novel :P

If you think of Vampirism as a curse (as it should be,) part of the issue is never changing, that includes all your teenagery confusion, and urges. They don't just look like a teenager for ever, they are one.

3 minutes ago, The EnglishBear said:

If you think of Vampirism as a curse (as it should be,) part of the issue is never changing, that includes all your teenagery confusion, and urges. They don't just look like a teenager for ever, they are one.

Even a more disturbing thought: if yout turned into a vampire while on your period, would you then stay at the same point of your cycle for eternity and, well, bleed all eternity long? :eek:

Okay, I will show myself out. :leaving:

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Even a more disturbing thought: if yout turned into a vampire while on your period, would you then stay at the same point of your cycle for eternity and, well, bleed all eternity long? :eek:

... Does anyone have Anne Rice's phone number?

Jessica from True Blood has to break her Hymen every time she has sex, as it was intact before she was turned. That's got to suck ('cos vampires.)

8 hours ago, The EnglishBear said:

I don’t know, surely your personality would evolve over time, even if your body never changed, if I were a hundreds of years old vampire I can’t think of much worse than going to a teenage prom, full of inconsequential drama, terrible music and badly spiked soft drinks :P, unless it was to eat said teenagers I suppose :dunno:. I’d want to be doing stuff like running countries behind the scenes and generally being nefarious and manipulative, maybe that’s just me :ninja:.

20 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

I don’t know, surely your personality would evolve over time, even if your body never changed, if I were a hundreds of years old vampire I can’t think of much worse than going to a teenage prom, full of inconsequential drama, terrible music and badly spiked soft drinks :P, unless it was to eat said teenagers I suppose :dunno:. I’d want to be doing stuff like running countries behind the scenes and generally being nefarious and manipulative, maybe that’s just me :ninja:.

I mean, I agree, and I even actually liked my high school and prom experience. But manipulating world politics does sound more fun for a vampire.

Also, spammers ... I think I have a problem. :( The guy from upstairs - literally one of four people I know in the whole city,* and the only friend I made - seems to have a weird awkward crush on me ... you know, after knowing me for a grand total of one week. :angry: We cooked together and ate together on Sunday, his roommate was also there part of the time. But then he wanted to make me dance with him and I did not want to and he got a little pushy (pouty "But why wouldn't you dance with meeee?"), and it made me want to leave. Since then, he wrote me three emails, awkwardly expressing admiration and worrying that he hurt me because I didn't answer ... no shit? And well, I don't want to answer now!

What do I do? :idea:

*The rest of them being the house manager, one professor, and that guy's roommate; each of whom I met only once.

I mean, I agree, and I even actually liked my high school and prom experience. But manipulating world politics does sound more fun for a vampire.

Yeah exactly, and being really, really rich, if you were that old surely you couldn’t help being a billionaire.

Also, spammers ... I think I have a problem. :( The guy from upstairs - literally one of four people I know in the whole city,* and the only friend I made - seems to have a weird awkward crush on me ... you know, after knowing me for a grand total of one week. :angry: We cooked together and ate together on Sunday, his roommate was also there part of the time. But then he wanted to make me dance with him and I did not want to and he got a little pushy (pouty "But why wouldn't you dance with meeee?"), and it made me want to leave. Since then, he wrote me three emails, awkwardly expressing admiration and worrying that he hurt me because I didn't answer ... no shit? And well, I don't want to answer now!

*The rest of them being the house manager, one professor, and that guy's roommate; each of whom I met only once.

Tell him your girlfriend might get weird about it, he won’t bother you again then.

6 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Yeah exactly, and being really, really rich, if you were that old surely you couldn’t help being a billionaire.

Tell him your girlfriend might get weird about it, he won’t bother you again then.

:lol: That actually sounds like a good idea.

But I just don't want to answer him right now, full stop.

Maybe tell him you aren’t interested and ask him to please back off because you aren’t comfortable being friends like this? If you want to be nice. 

If not, tell him to leave you the F alone because you’ve made the message clear. 

11 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

That makes me want to ask very disturbing and even more disgusting questions... :uhoh: 

8 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Maybe tell him you aren’t interested and ask him to please back off because you aren’t comfortable being friends like this? If you want to be nice. 

If not, tell him to leave you the F alone because you’ve made the message clear. 

Can't I just not respond at all or is that too much of a jerkish thing to do? *big puppy eyes*

8 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

That makes me want to ask very disturbing and even more disgusting questions... :uhoh: 

Don't worry, this thread is a safe space. ;) You can ask anything. Just maybe post it in spoiler tags with a warning in case somebody is eating while reading the thread. We don't want anyone ruining their computer.

25 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Can't I just not respond at all or is that too much of a jerkish thing to do? *big puppy eyes*

Don't worry, this thread is a safe space. ;) You can ask anything. Just maybe post it in spoiler tags with a warning in case somebody is eating while reading the thread. We don't want anyone ruining their computer.

You absolutely can, but don’t you live in the same building? I might have misunderstood but if that’s the case you might come across him again. 

Nah, I won’t make myself throw up either. 

46 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

:lol: That actually sounds like a good idea.

But I just don't want to answer him right now, full stop.

It’s always worked for me but then I wasn’t lying  :P.

12 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I’d probably go with not, as they’re usually dead like no heartbeat and stuff so I doubt you’d get your period again, not being able to do anything in the daytime would be really shit.

I don’t know, surely your personality would evolve over time, even if your body never changed

When you're talking about a magical curse, I think part of the interest is that you're doomed to be the same person for ever. And even if you do learn from your mistakes, intelligent people do irrational emotional things all the time, and being a teenager is nothing if not one emotional irrational thing after another. But then we were specifically talking about YA vampires, who are definitely not my favourite type.

46 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

You absolutely can, but don’t you live in the same building? I might have misunderstood but if that’s the case you might come across him again. 

Nah, I won’t make myself throw up either. 

We do live in the same building, so if I come across him, I will tell him that I want to keep distance. But I don't want to reach out to him just to tell him that. He is a smart cookie, he will figure it out.

I mean, I am staying in the country for two weeks more. What does he think is going to happen? :dunno:

4 minutes ago, The EnglishBear said:

When you're talking about a magical curse, I think part of the interest is that you're doomed to be the same person for ever. And even if you do learn from your mistakes, intelligent people do irrational emotional things all the time, and being a teenager is nothing if not one emotional irrational thing after another. But then we were specifically talking about YA vampires, who are definitely not my favourite type.

I liked the True Blood ones, from the tv show anyway, I managed the first book-it was awful.

Being stuck as a teenager forever would be a bit of a pain, imagine getting asked for ID when you’re 1000 years old!.

2 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

We do live in the same building, so if I come across him, I will tell him that I want to keep distance. But I don't want to reach out to him just to tell him that. He is a smart cookie, he will figure it out.

I mean, I am staying in the country for two weeks more. What does he think is going to happen? :dunno:

Oh, you’re only staying two weeks. I totally forgot that. In this case, you won’t even come across with him every week for the next half year. 

My my my...  I need a vacation so badly. 

Archived