TTTNE 473: An Obsession of Joshes

Buckwheat

31 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Being stuck as a teenager forever would be a bit of a pain, imagine getting asked for ID when you’re 1000 years old!.

Claudia from the Vampire Chronicles is a five year old for ever, and becomes increasingly unhinged as time goes on because of it.

If you haven't seen it I'd recommend Near Dark, it has Bill Paxton and Lance Henrikson. There's a child vampire in that too.

Also, did I mention how much I still like my short hair? It was a great decision to get rid of my glorious mane, despite the fact that now I cannot pretend to be a victorious Dothraki. :P It is so much more practical. I just washed it a bit earlier and it is drying so quickly! Also, do dropping everywhere around.

50 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh, you’re only staying two weeks. I totally forgot that. In this case, you won’t even come across with him every week for the next half year. 

My my my...  I need a vacation so badly. 

Yes, and I fully intend to spend as much of that time as possible sitting in the library researching and writing for uni. I don't have time for that nonsense.

Where are you planning to go?

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Also, did I mention how much I still like my short hair? It was a great decision to get rid of my glorious mane, despite the fact that now I cannot pretend to be a victorious Dothraki. :P It is so much more practical. I just washed it a bit earlier and it is drying so quickly! Also, do dropping everywhere around.

And here I am waiting for my hair to grow out :(

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Yes, and I fully intend to spend as much of that time as possible sitting in the library researching and writing for uni. I don't have time for that nonsense.

Where are you planning to go?

I suppose that makes perfect sense, especially that you don't like this person. 

Where am I planning to go... home :lol:  Nah, I'm traveling to Spain with family in August and to a yet undecided destination with friends in October. But frankly what I need is a month in a remote coastal cabin with a dog and weekly three visits from Jason Momoa... :leaving: 

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

We do live in the same building, so if I come across him, I will tell him that I want to keep distance. But I don't want to reach out to him just to tell him that. He is a smart cookie, he will figure it out.

I mean, I am staying in the country for two weeks more. What does he think is going to happen? :dunno:

“Yes I heard of Slovenia from buck but I didn’t move here because of Buck, do you get those things are different?”

:P 

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

And here I am waiting for my hair to grow out :(

I suppose that makes perfect sense, especially that you don't like this person. 

Where am I planning to go... home :lol:  Nah, I'm traveling to Spain with family in August and to a yet undecided destination with friends in October. But frankly what I need is a month in a remote coastal cabin with a dog and weekly three visits from Jason Momoa... :leaving: 

Ah, for me it was time to change my hairstyle after so many years. You know, creatively it made sense to me ... because I wanted it to happen.

Well, I liked him earlier. He is currently out of my good graces. ;)

Spain must be exciting. :) Also, you could come to Slovenia in October! It is ... cheap. And close.

Jason Momoa, eh? Why would you need him three times a week? :leer:

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

“Yes I heard of Slovenia from buck but I didn’t move here because of Buck, do you get those things are different?”

:P 

No hablo ing ... Ne, ne govorim angleško! :P

Also, the guy is from a completely different cultural environment than I am. Don't know if he thinks he is behaving normally or if this is usual for him or whatever.

5 hours ago, The EnglishBear said:

Claudia from the Vampire Chronicles is a five year old for ever, and becomes increasingly unhinged as time goes on because of it.

If you haven't seen it I'd recommend Near Dark, it has Bill Paxton and Lance Henrikson. There's a child vampire in that too.

Being stuck as a child forever would be awful, I think if you were going to be stuck at one age you’d want it to be anywhere between 25 and 35.

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

You cut your hair?:o, I love having long hair, tying it in different ways, leaving it down, I’d be lost without it, mine is comes down to a little above my waist.

The only bad things are it takes a while to wash and dry and I can get comically bad bed head when I wake up :P.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Ah, for me it was time to change my hairstyle after so many years. You know, creatively it made sense to me ... because I wanted it to happen.

Well, I liked him earlier. He is currently out of my good graces. ;)

Spain must be exciting. :) Also, you could come to Slovenia in October! It is ... cheap. And close.

Jason Momoa, eh? Why would you need him three times a week? :leer:

No hablo ing ... Ne, ne govorim angleško! :P

Also, the guy is from a completely different cultural environment than I am. Don't know if he thinks he is behaving normally or if this is usual for him or whatever.

:lol: yeah, that reasoning makes absolute sense in every situation :D 

I totally could, actually. It would probably solve the problem of having to decide between obsessing over the same place I've just been to in April  and visiting my friend/flatmate who's moving abroad in the autumn.

Because it makes creative sense to me :PP 

:eek:  I actually understand that. *.* 

If that's the case, maybe he doesn't notice at all. 

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

Being stuck as a child forever would be awful, I think if you were going to be stuck at one age you’d want it to be anywhere between 25 and 35.

You cut your hair?:o, I love having long hair, tying it in different ways, leaving it down, I’d be lost without it, mine is comes down to a little above my waist.

The only bad things are it takes a while to wash and dry and I can get comically bad bed head when I wake up :P.

I think I would pick being 18 forever. But I have 10 years to find out what's so great about 25-35 so never say never. 

Mine comes down to mid-back after a rather stupid intuition that made me cut like 7 inches off in April. Growing in back goes slowly. It's also frizzy AF, so I have to heat style it after every washing. If I could change anything about my hair, it would be the frizziness. It must be so nice to have hair that airdries into a smooth, soft, attractive waterfall.  *.*   

Oh, I never told you all about sister's stay. 

Apart from two major downs, it was rather pleasant. It took her about a week to get the hang of the city, after that she became quite independent and felt rather liberated roaming around a new city without anybody bossing over her. Of course she still sees me as a 24/7 call center and live-in Siri, should any minor difficulty arise in her daily life, and does not hesitate to call upon me three to five times a day to ask me for directions (unlimited 4G and google maps are for losers), complain to me about her friends, course mates, ex boyfriend, parents and fellow public transport passangers, or simply ask me where her keys/public transport ticket are at any hour of the day. But she got on with my flatmate, comforted me when I cried over my workload and personal problems, brought me take-away dinner and learned to use the alarm system without a single phonecall for aid. On her second week she started doing things with her language course mates, going to malls and cafes, taking walks and exploring. Then her language course ended and after some minor freakout sessions, she found activities to keep herself busy. She went to some random gallery she found on the internet and stayed to chat with the owner for an hour about art, she went to modern art museum, the castle and almost made it to an art movie theatre for some French film. She has another art exhibition, taking her camera on a hill stroll and actually making it to the French film on her list for the time when she comes back for another week in August. Sister is essentially the coolest (and almost the most difficult) person I know. 

4 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Aaaaand, here we go again. Another email, header "urgent", a line saying he wants to talk to me, twice "please".

Who is that desperate after not getting an email for two days?

Oh that’s So creepy and stalky... 

3 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Well, I am 26, and I don't feel any better than I used to, actually ... hmmm?

Yes, I cut it like ... two months ago? Mine was even longer than yours is now, so it makes a huge difference. I think I shocked some people. :P But everybody said it was cute, apart from my grandfather, who made odd smiles and abstained from commenting. He used to say I shouldn't cut my hair.

Washing and drying so quickly is honestly such a luxury to me.

Yes, just come visit. ;)

Creative sense for the win. :lol: As you said, every situation.

Maybe he doesn't ... IDK. Probably he actually doesn't. I am sorry for him now. He is obviously confused. How are people (and that doesn't exclude me) at the same time so smart and so stupid?

Admissions services at the uni are a total shambles. Gave me several days of unnecessary stress because for whatever reason they had categorised me as an international student, meaning I had been informed I owed higher fees and a £6000 deposit! After days of calling with no luck and several I replied to emails, I finally got a response tonight that it was an admin error, and a copy of my offer with the correct fees and no deposit. I think those few days of panic aged me about 50 years

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

:lol: yeah, that reasoning makes absolute sense in every situation :D 

I totally could, actually. It would probably solve the problem of having to decide between obsessing over the same place I've just been to in April  and visiting my friend/flatmate who's moving abroad in the autumn.

Because it makes creative sense to me :PP 

:eek:  I actually understand that. *.* 

If that's the case, maybe he doesn't notice at all. 

I think I would pick being 18 forever. But I have 10 years to find out what's so great about 25-35 so never say never. 

Mine comes down to mid-back after a rather stupid intuition that made me cut like 7 inches off in April. Growing in back goes slowly. It's also frizzy AF, so I have to heat style it after every washing. If I could change anything about my hair, it would be the frizziness. It must be so nice to have hair that airdries into a smooth, soft, attractive waterfall.  *.*   

18 would be ok, I guess it's because I looked really young at 18, I've still been asked for ID for alcohol up until a couple of years ago, so an eternal 20 something would be preferable :P .

Ugh, I feel bad for you, lukily I don't suffer from frizz much, I hate brushing my hair when it gets tangled though, always hurts!.

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh that’s So creepy and stalky... 

It's probably one of their worst (but well known) songs, but here Buck, this goes out to your new stalker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1Jt35iYBX4

58 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Well, I am 26, and I don't feel any better than I used to, actually ... hmmm?

Yes, I cut it like ... two months ago? Mine was even longer than yours is now, so it makes a huge difference. I think I shocked some people. :P But everybody said it was cute, apart from my grandfather, who made odd smiles and abstained from commenting. He used to say I shouldn't cut my hair.

Washing and drying so quickly is honestly such a luxury to me.

Yes, just come visit. ;)

Creative sense for the win. :lol: As you said, every situation.

Maybe he doesn't ... IDK. Probably he actually doesn't. I am sorry for him now. He is obviously confused. How are people (and that doesn't exclude me) at the same time so smart and so stupid?

Short hair can look good too, I'm sure you're rocking it!.

8 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Admissions services at the uni are a total shambles. Gave me several days of unnecessary stress because for whatever reason they had categorised me as an international student, meaning I had been informed I owed higher fees and a £6000 deposit! After days of calling with no luck and several I replied to emails, I finally got a response tonight that it was an admin error, and a copy of my offer with the correct fees and no deposit. I think those few days of panic aged me about 50 years

That sounds really frustrating and annoying, I shall do my best to cheer you up.

8 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

That's unis for you. Terrible. :rolleyes: Glad it is sorted out now.

What programme are you entering, if I may ask?

7 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

It's probably one of their worst (but well known) songs, but here Buck, this goes out to your new stalker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1Jt35iYBX4

Short hair can look good too, I'm sure you're rocking it!.

I am sure he would be honoured to listen to a song if he visited this forum. Which I sincerely hope he does not.

Yes I am. :smug:

:crying: I’m feeling pretty upset right now, I found out someone I knew quite well and considered a friend is no longer with us as of a few days ago and only heard today, total shock too they were only a few years older than me.

23 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

:crying: I’m feeling pretty upset right now, I found out someone I knew quite well and considered a friend is no longer with us as of a few days ago and only heard today, total shock too they were only a few years older than me.

:grouphug: my sincere condolences. Its never easy to lose someone but somehow its that much worse when they are so young. Hope you are ok, I try to take this time after someone passes to think about their life and all of the memories I have with them. Stay happy and give mini SIth lots of hugs

2 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

:grouphug: my sincere condolences. Its never easy to lose someone but somehow its that much worse when they are so young. Hope you are ok, I try to take this time after someone passes to think about their life and all of the memories I have with them. Stay happy and give mini SIth lots of hugs

:crying: Thank you, it was completely out of the blue, he had an accident on his bike, and looking at mini Sith now all bouncy and happy does raise my spirits a little but, it also makes me think that I can’t ride my bike again now, he isn’t the first person I’ve lost because of them and continuing to ride one is too dangerous and selfish of me and isn’t worth it anymore, being there for my little apprentice is much more important, so tomorrow it goes up for sale.

2 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

:crying: Thank you, it was completely out of the blue, he had an accident on his bike, and looking at mini Sith now all bouncy and happy does raise my spirits a little but, it also makes me think that I can’t ride my bike again now, he isn’t the first person I’ve lost because of them and continuing to ride one is too dangerous and selfish of me and isn’t worth it anymore, being there for my little apprentice is much more important, so tomorrow it goes up for sale.

That's very sensible and practical thinking. I mean you can be the safest driver in the world but you can't account for other road users acting stupid or unforeseeable issues with the bike. Hugs again :grouphug:

Archived