Why is Theon Stark talked about in a bad light?

Stormking902

I mean the KITN had an awesome career, but yet is talked about as some type of War monger king when in fact it seems the only war he started was against the Vale when he attacked the sisters and we dont know why he did so in the first place. 

The Andals attacked the North and were defeated soundly by Theon with the help of lord Bolton, then he sailed to Andalos and took 3 villages and a guarded sept in good fashion. His actions though harsh kept the Andals from attacking the North again. Then King Hoare of the Iron Islands attacks the western coast and takes Bear island, what does Theon do defeat the IronBorn swiftly and returns bear island to the Mormonts once again. 

So ya why all the hate for such a great man?. 

49 minutes ago, Stormking902 said:

I mean the KITN had an awesome career, but yet is talked about as some type of War monger king when in fact it seems the only war he started was against the Vale when he attacked the sisters and we dont know why he did so in the first place. 

The Andals attacked the North and were defeated soundly by Theon with the help of lord Bolton, then he sailed to Andalos and took 3 villages and a guarded sept in good fashion. His actions though harsh kept the Andals from attacking the North again. Then King Hoare of the Iron Islands attacks the western coast and takes Bear island, what does Theon do defeat the IronBorn swiftly and returns bear island to the Mormonts once again. 

Is he hated? I'm sure the Andals have reason to hate him, and the Ironborn, but the North would have every reason to love him. He's the Hungry Wolf, the savage King of Winter who threw back every enemy that the North had. That's what I'm hoping Rickon turns into, to be honest, given that he's got rage issues and he's growing up among the Skaggs.

4 hours ago, Stormking902 said:

Some Andals or people who Stark percieved as Andals attacked Stark's kingdom. The vilagers that Stark attacked may not even have participated in the "Andal" attack on the North. These Andals were guilty by association. #NotAllAndals

Probably because he attacked and slaughtered the Andals. History is written by the Andal maesters so they probably write about him as a villainous historical character. I personally think he is one of the coolest Starks from history.  

Archived