The relationship between Sansa and Robert Arryn

honorable men

There is a rainbow-like spectrum of emotion between sex and mother. Robert has probably only had one relationship with a female in his life. He is young, and Lysa set a very poor example as far as boundries go. 

Robert obviously has some kind of romantic interest in Sansa. I think she found him repulsive before, but now that she sees how people are just trying to use him to further their own agendas, hopefully she will figure out she's just a puppet too, and stop letting people drug this child to death.

Where this is headed is Sansa is going to play Robert all the way to King and marry him to Arya. So Robert is going to get to be king but never get what he truly wants, Sansa. Baela/Alyn/Elaena is a bit of a play on it.

18 hours ago, Springwatch said:

There is a bit of a Freudian vibe.... When SR looks at Alayne, he sees the face and figure of a younger and more beautiful Lysa. If she marries someone else, he loses her; if she marries him, he keeps her forever. Maybe a coincidence, but this shows good lordly instincts too. He feels under threat from Harry, and the lords and Littlefinger, but if he can win Littlefinger's beloved daughter to his side, he's got a chance of turning the odds.

I also thought SR's hostility towards Harry can also be interpreted as an Oedipus complex. At first I thought Littlefinger was the father figure that SW looks up to as a grown male role model but also is intimidated by him. And he sees Harry as father figure that he must compete and win his mother figure Sansa.

I don't know if it's lordly instincts, but some studies say that children have a natural instinct of figuring out who can protect them from potential danger. That is why he always wants to stick close to Sansa.

Archived