overrated

oakbloodthesap

16 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

All current signs point to this is exactly the story he wrote, and I say this as no fan of Dany. 

I think I know what you're saying and I'm inclined to agree.

I meant that there's one Targ with a dragon POV, but 6 Stark POVs, 3 Lannister POVs, 3 Greyjoy POVs, basically groups whom many Targ fans of a certain type seem to claim to be in the way, boring, a waste of time, whatnot. If one just wants Targ stuff, there's a bunch of other things one has to wade through to get to it.

11 minutes ago, Starkz said:

GRRM is definitely going for some sort of Targaryen Restoration unfortunately, probably Aegon and Dany together.

Nah, I think Aegon will die, he's not endgame.  Jon, half Targ, is. So it's Targ+Targ/Stark = Targ/Targ/Stark

Just now, Cas Stark said:

Nah, I think Aegon will die, he's not endgame.  Jon, half Targ, is. So it's Targ+Targ/Stark = Targ/Targ/Stark

Maybe, I am dead certain the ending will be the Targaryens though as GRRM is absolutely obsessed with them and I’m assuming that’s why Aegon was added, there is no way he would eliminate them all. It’s strange calling Jon a half Targ, if he even is, because his mother and father weren’t both Targaryens. Any other House he would be the same as the father if married but the Targaryens are weird lol.

19 minutes ago, Starkz said:

Maybe, I am dead certain the ending will be the Targaryens though as GRRM is absolutely obsessed with them and I’m assuming that’s why Aegon was added, there is no way he would eliminate them all. It’s strange calling Jon a half Targ, if he even is, because his mother and father weren’t both Targaryens. Any other House he would be the same as the father if married but the Targaryens are weird lol.

I think he added Aegon to bide time, or just because he lost control and lost his ability to self edit.  At one time I thought/hoped Aegon was endgame and might get a dragon, but now I think he's filler.  But, Rhaegar is all Targ, isn't he, a product of incest, so that makes Jon 1/2 Targ, I think there is no question if there ever was that he is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna.  I agree the author has become apparently obsessed with the Targs to the exclusion of everything else, which is strange, as until recently I never expected a Targaryen restoration would be the ending.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2018 at 10:52 AM, oakbloodthesap said:

what are some of the most over rated characters of asoiaf?

( in no particular order ) Jon Snow , Tywin Lannister , Tryion Lannister , Ned Stark and Stannis Baratheon, the hound and  littelfinger

reason = Mary sue, over exaggerated strategist, hypocritical drunk, not so honorable, delusional, whiny, relies on luck .

also who do you guys think is the most over rated in asoiaf?

:)

Who do I think is the most over rated in asoiaf?  The Starks.

On 11/5/2018 at 1:00 PM, oakbloodthesap said:

all characters can be reduce down to a single characteristic. the books does this itself "Ned is honorable", the only difference is it "strokes dead Ned dick" and the other is characterized as a "hate" thread  ( to say otherwise )

sorry not quite following. the series as a whole forms a in universe character that apon review is shown to be overrated (opinions can differ). what is a out of universe character?

Archived