Just a gut fealing. Jaime Lannister + Jeyne Westerling

norwaywolf123

It's possible. Jaime's behavior at the siege at riverrun showed he is not just a pretty face or a reckless soldier. He is more statesmanlike than he has shown in the past. If there is a good reason to solidify his position in the west, marriage would be an option, but I don't see how a link to or even ownership of that house helps very much. So possible, but unlikely. 

Question: The Westerlings are technically still subject to the Lannisters?

On 2/3/2019 at 5:06 PM, Dofs said:

He won't have a choice. As soon as Aegon or Dany take KL, one of the first things they'd do is remove Jaime from his position. That is, unless Jaime won't be removed from there already. By the time of the epilogue in DwD, Jaime has already been missing for month and believed dead by some. If he stays missing a bit longer, he would just be declared as dead and his place filled by another. 

There is simply no way that Jaime can remain in KG. His days there are basically over.

Even in the event that he is unable to remain in the KG - either because of removal by Aegon and/or Daenerys, or being declared dead, I can see no motive for marrying Jeyne Westerling.  He showed no interest when he met her, and she is way too low-ranking for anybody to push her on him.   

I would not be surprised if Jeyne makes some sort of trouble, though.  She could "wave the bloody shirt" and rally support for her dead husband, for example, or possibly seduce a Lannister (Martyn, perhaps),, which would cause trouble

16 hours ago, Faera said:

Ah, I forgot about him. He's part of the travel party, right? He'll die, too.

I don't believe Rolph Spicer is part of the traveling party.  Gawen Westerling, Jeyne's father, was present outside Riverrun and is part of the group, though.  I assume that's who you are thinking of.

3 minutes ago, Nevets said:

Even in the event that he is unable to remain in the KG - either because of removal by Aegon and/or Daenerys, or being declared dead, I can see no motive for marrying Jeyne Westerling.  He showed no interest when he met her, and she is way too low-ranking for anybody to push her on him.   

That I agree with. Seems pretty far-fetched that he will marry Jeyne.

10 hours ago, Nevets said:

I don't believe Rolph Spicer is part of the traveling party.  Gawen Westerling, Jeyne's father, was present outside Riverrun and is part of the group, though.  I assume that's who you are thinking of.

I care so little about any of them they all sort of merge into one character. :unsure:

10 hours ago, Nevets said:

Exactly. I doubt that Jaime ever will marry but if he did it would be for the benefit of securing an alliance. There is no benefit whatsoever to marrying a traitor's widow whose family are political nobodies in the grand scheme of things.

On 2/3/2019 at 10:01 PM, Nevets said:

Jeyne is not Rolph Spicer's heir.  She is his neice.  If he dies, Castamere would probably become vacant - again. 

Rolph is not the only Spicer, by the way. He has a confirmed cousin Spicer and very likely other Spicers exist.

Archived