Threads that will be dropped

legba11

8 minutes ago, Dragon in the North said:

What do you mean? The horn is never mentioned again after Sam found it.

Mance threatens Jon in the season 4 finale to destroy the Wall with the horn. Jon learns about this horn in season 3.

Said horn is never heard from or seen again after the season 4 finale.

Speaking of which that's another thread that will be (or has been) dropped. Mance Rayder is still alive (I don't believe the Pink Letter) and doing important things in the books.

7 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

Cersei is going to be ruling in the books too.  Right until the more beautiful one (Sansa IMO, Dany is too obvious a choice) will cast down everything she holds dear.

Nope, not for long.

By the end of Winds, Cersei will either be:

• dead
  • imprisoned
  • ran out of town

The first option is very unlikely. The second option makes sense if Varys wasn't meddling in things. I'm willing to bet money on the third option.

The more beautiful one will be Arianne.

Sansa is absolutely in no position to pull the rug out from under Cersei anytime soon; she's being pulled/pushed in the opposite direction of Cersei. Daenerys is more likely to feed Cersei to her dragon or set her on fire than take her to the cleaners.

The more beautiful one will be Arianne. But there's a good chance that it could very well be Myrcella, her own daughter... #PlotTwist

12 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Mance threatens Jon in the season 4 finale to destroy the Wall with the horn. Jon learns about this horn in season 3.

Said horn is never heard from or seen again after the season 4 finale.

Speaking of which that's another thread that will be (or has been) dropped. Mance Rayder is still alive (I don't believe the Pink Letter) and doing important things in the books.

Nope, not for long.

By the end of Winds, Cersei will either be:

• dead
  • imprisoned
  • ran out of town

The first option is very unlikely. The second option makes sense if Varys wasn't meddling in things. I'm willing to bet money on the third option.

The more beautiful one will be Arianne.

Sansa is absolutely in no position to pull the rug out from under Cersei anytime soon; she's being pulled/pushed in the opposite direction of Cersei. Daenerys is more likely to feed Cersei to her dragon or set her on fire than take her to the cleaners.

The more beautiful one will be Arianne. But there's a good chance that it could very well be Myrcella, her own daughter... #PlotTwist

I don't think so.  We'll probably never get TWOW but if we do I doubt Dany will even arrive in Westeros by the end of it.

Cersei's fate in the show will match that of the books.  Arianne is a minor character and will have minimal bearing to the end game (unless GRRM now intentionally changes his ending, which I do believe is a real possibility).

Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen will all die before Cersei.

Regarding Sansa, I think a lot of people don't realise just how far ahead the show is now.  I don't believe GRRM will finish his tale ever, let alone in two books.  But it's becoming more apparent that the war against the Others will not be the end of the story so where the chess pieces are at the end of ADWD have little bearing on where they'll be at the end of the whole story.

18 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

I don't think so.  We'll probably never get TWOW but if we do I doubt Dany will even arrive in Westeros by the end of it.

I agree. I think that Dany's first chapter in A Dream of Spring will see her arrive in Westeros. Chronologically , it'll take place at approximately the same time as all the other final The Winds of Winter chapter.

Cersei's fate in the show will match that of the books.  Arianne is a minor character and will have minimal bearing to the end game (unless GRRM now intentionally changes his ending, which I do believe is a real possibility).

Cersei's fate being the exact same? Meh...maybe. I think the general feel of it will be the same but the ends will be different. Like there is no way Cersei is going to defeat Aegon and the Golden Company, the Tyrells, the Martells and the Faith Militant while still ruling the Iron Throne...even though all her children are dead.

Arianne is not a minor character...even with the original endgame. She's been a talking point of the other main characters since A Game of Thrones. You'll see.

Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen will all die before Cersei.

Regarding Sansa, I think a lot of people don't realise just how far ahead the show is now.  I don't believe GRRM will finish his tale ever, let alone in two books.  But it's becoming more apparent that the war against the Others will not be the end of the story so where the chess pieces are at the end of ADWD have little bearing on where they'll be at the end of the whole story.

That's all fine and good. Nothing about the prophecy states that the "younger more beautiful queen" and "the valonqar" are going to happen in quick succession of each other.

If anything, there's going to be some time in between them. Because after the younger, more beautiful queen displaces and impoverishes her, Cersei is supposed to drown in her own tears (figuratively or more literally than we assume). It is only after she has drowned, the valonqar kills her.

Yes, I realize how far ahead the show is now. As of now, we are looking at the halfway point in A Dream of Spring (give or take). But Sansa's story is taking her to Winterfell. She'd have to survive the Others attack on Winterfell (which, honestly, is not all that likely) and then travel all the way back down to the south. Maybe Casterly Rock because that's where Cersei is more likely to be.

Archived