Discussing Sansa XXXV: Queens of Ice and Fire

6 minutes ago, Mystical said:

That's not what 'breaking the wheel' means to Dany.

I'd just file it under:

Bad Ass One Liners That Make You Look Soooo Bad Ass, But Don't Actually Contribute To Anything

59 minutes ago, Mystical said:

That's not what 'breaking the wheel' means to Dany. If you take her wheel break speech and put it into context by looking at Dany's actions, it's clear she wants to be an absolute monarch with everyone submissive to her. Which means the wheel doesn't get broken, it means Dany and Dany alone becomes the wheel. 'On and on it spins, crushing those beneath them.' But that's exactly what Dany planned to do by invading Westeros. That's what conquering is. That's what she proved with the survivors from the loot train attack. Submit or die, including powerful Lords.

I love Sansa asking 'what happens after it's all done' and 'what happens after Dany takes the IT'. I still have no idea what Dany's plans are for Westeros aside from her wanting to be an absolute monarch. What does she plan to change for the common folk? What institutional changes is she planning? What constitutional changes? Does she have a grand plan for the economy, education, equality, religion...anything? It seems to me that just like in Essos, she simply wants a throne to sit on. She has no plans for anything ever. Just a long list of titles and meaningless platitudes like 'breaking the wheel'.

D&D don't seem to understand that if one wants to change the current system, these are all issues that need addressing. And there should be discussions happening on screen, especially Miss 'the throne is mine' should tell the viewer what she actually wants to change/implement. This would be a great way for Dany to endear herself to people btw. Dany could win the hearts of women by making it clear she plans to change the patriarchy, maybe not completely but more rights for women. She could probably win some of the common folk by implementing education for the people.

'Breaking the Wheel' has been a completely empty phrase so far that seems to have no meaning other than absolute monarchy.

i agree. when she rule essos she really didnnt do anyhting besides free the slaves which was good. 

1 hour ago, Mystical said:

That's not what 'breaking the wheel' means to Dany. If you take her wheel break speech and put it into context by looking at Dany's actions, it's clear she wants to be an absolute monarch with everyone submissive to her. Which means the wheel doesn't get broken, it means Dany and Dany alone becomes the wheel. 'On and on it spins, crushing those beneath them.' But that's exactly what Dany planned to do by invading Westeros. That's what conquering is. That's what she proved with the survivors from the loot train attack. Submit or die, including powerful Lords.

You just said breaking the wheel means not breaking the wheel to Danny. Which means she could as easily have said she's come to Westeros to Butter the Bread or Darn the Sock. 

Just mouth noises. 

6 hours ago, loverofcats said:

Well, this is the way I see the "changing of the world". The only one kingdom may represent "breaking the wheel". No more sovereign lords, or guardiens of the realm. Of course, Winterfell will be rebuilt and, if she will survive, Sansa can be further the Lady of Winterfell. But I can't help to ask myself how many people will be left in Nord, after the passing of the army of the death. In my opinion very few or none, except  those who will run to south. Like Tormund said between the Wall and Winterfell  no one has left alive.

I didn't said that the Seven Kingdom will be reunite again. They will not exist anymore  in the administrative territorial organization. There will be no more internal borders. There will be no Dorne, no Westerlands, no Riverrlands... Otherwise we'll go back 300  years before conquest. Practically nothing will change. Maybe Westeros will have a new form of leadership, a council or a leader who will be  elected by nobles at a certain number of years. Who knows? Maybe I went too far but in my opinion this will be the real change.

That's not breaking the wheel. That's fashioning one big wheel out of seven smaller ones.

7 hours ago, OldGimletEye said:

I'd just file it under:

Bad Ass One Liners That Make You Look Soooo Bad Ass, But Don't Actually Contribute To Anything

Well, for Wheel of Time fans, it meant Dany is the enemy :D

Jon would be subjecting the North, and Sansa, to greater trauma if he helped Dany pursue her quest for the throne because it involves subjugating the North again. Jon already received much of the glory for getting Winterfell back, but that was mainly Sansa's achievement. She also held the North while he was away trying to get an army for them.  If Jon just doesn’t appreciate any of Sansa's efforts, it makes him look bad. He has to confront it and fight for the Starks if Dany intends to pursue her quest after the battle. 

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 5:35 AM, Rose of Red Lake said:

True, we still don't know why he did it. But I cant see Jon offering that as a real explanation. Otherwise he already lied to the Northern lords. So if he could lie to them, he couldn't lie to Dany? Its all very weird. Could just be bad writing but Sansa really did have a look of realization on her face.

If so, the realization was that Dany still consider’s this fight Jon’s war, not hers. Which means that if she gains the Iron Throne she will not see protecting the North as her war, so it is unclear how seriously she takes the title of "Protector of the Realm".

Archived