dragon

I think that all the three dragons will be dead-dead by the end.

I really can't see an ending where they survive.
It would basically be back to square one, except this time it won't be Balerion and Aegon the Conqueror, it will be Drogo and Daenerys or/and Rhaegal and Jon. (or any potential offspring Daenerys and/or Jon might have that is hell bent on world domination. Dragons live far longer than humans do.)

Maybe that's the bittersweet ending.
Jon & Dany co-ruling in happiness with a newborn child, and the last scene is of Tyrion (or someone else of importance) flipping a coin over something seemingly trivial, when a voiceover of someone, maybe Bran goes: "Every time a Targaryen is born, the gods flip a coin." - then fade to black before the coin lands - roll credits.

Ultimately, we're back to square one and nothing mattered.
The wheel is only broken momentarily. 

I expect Rhaegal to die.  Drogon's fate is harder to say.  Personally I hope Drogon decides that Dany got both of his brothers killed and abandons her.  Otherwise I expect Drogon to die at some point too.  A dragon is just too powerful to keep in play, but a wild dragon that will likely avoid humans for the time being doesn't have that problem.

Along these lines, if any of them survive they can have babies. We think of them as boys but what Fire and Blood claims is there's no way to know. A grown dragon would just have a clutch of eggs and they then figure it's a girl. 

8 minutes ago, Roux said:

Along these lines, if any of them survive they can have babies. We think of them as boys but what Fire and Blood claims is there's no way to know. A grown dragon would just have a clutch of eggs and they then figure it's a girl. 

I figure Rhaegal is a girl, or will be as the changeability in Valyrian was mentioned, perhaps it will be about dragons as well.  I do think the show will end with at least a clutch of eggs from them somewhere.  I'm still doubting one of the them die in the WF battle, though. 

7 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

Maybe that's the bittersweet ending.
Jon & Dany co-ruling in happiness with a newborn child, and the last scene is of Tyrion (or someone else of importance) flipping a coin over something seemingly trivial, when a voiceover of someone, maybe Bran goes: "Every time a Targaryen is born, the gods flip a coin." - then fade to black before the coin lands - roll credits.

Very clever!

I am hoping Viseryion gets killed at WF because I really don't see any hope for humans if he's not. If he is killed, then I'm thinking one of the others has to go.

I'm dreading the death of Ghost more than I am the dragons.

Archived