So Nissa Nissa is... [SPOILERS]

Ilissa

According to the leaks, Jon kills Dany. Does this mean the theory of Azor and Nissa came true in a realistic manner? No magic swords, but there is a need to kill a beloved woman, because she lost her mind? And she went mad because of the war with the Others. She went to the North, lost the dragon, half of the army and Jorah. Because of these losses, she did not have enough army against Cersei. Due to the lack of army, she lost another dragon and Missandei. And now Daenerys is on the verge of madness. And if she dies, it means Jon sacrificed his beloved woman when he persuaded Dany to fight together against the Night King. This means the prince and princess that were promised gave everything to win. The ultimate sacrifice. She lost her mind and life, he lost the love of his life. That makes sense, don't you think? 

And something else: "He was not one to give up easily, so he started over. The second time he took fifty days and fifty nights to make the sword, even better than the first. To temper it this time, he captured a lion and drove the sword into its heart, but once more the steel shattered." What is this lion? Will Jon kill Tyrion or Jaime?

The prophesies are useless.  I mean, Cersei has 5 children on the show.

According to the Azor Ahai prophesy, he would kill the great Other, so Azor Ahai is Arya.  She was supposed to use Lightbringer, so my guess is that the dagger is Lightbringer.  And Lightbringer is supposedly bathed in the blood of Nissa Nissa.  The dagger was used to kill Littlefinger, so Littlefinger is Nissa Nissa.

3 minutes ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

According to the Azor Ahai prophesy, he would kill the great Other

This is just a theory. Maybe Azor Ahai is not about sword fighting, it's about leadership. 

Many book prophecies that were never mentioned, remain unknown.  Book prophecies that were mentioned will be dropped, or never referred to again.  Azor Ahai was mentioned but I bet that is dropped.  I do not remember Nissa Nissa being in the TV story so that will remain a book story.  When Martin writes the book, we will get full and logical descriptions but this story, this tv story ending now, is just barreling to the end, no matter what.

4 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

Many book prophecies that were never mentioned, remain unknown.  Book prophecies that were mentioned will be dropped, or never referred to again.  Azor Ahai was mentioned but I bet that is dropped.  I do not remember Nissa Nissa being in the TV story so that will remain a book story.  When Martin writes the book, we will get full and logical descriptions but this story, this tv story ending now, is just barreling to the end, no matter what.

It can still have book elements without explaining them. They've done this before many, many times. Think of when Young Ned laid Dawn still bleeding at Lyanna's birthing bed, or how there was a broken horn found in the bundle of dragonglass at the First of the First Men. There are lots of those, so don't be surprised if there are a few more yet to come. That way they're Easter eggs for readers that don't rule things out but don't burden the TV audience who have the attention span of a fruit fly.

9 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

Many book prophecies that were never mentioned, remain unknown. 

This prophecy was mentioned in Histories & Lore: "According to prophecy, our champion will be reborn to wake dragons from stone and reforge the great sword Lightbringer that defeated the darkness those thousands of years ago. If the old tales are true, a terrible weapon forged with a loving wife's heart. Part of me thinks man was well rid of it, but great power requires great sacrifice. That much at least the Lord of Light is clear on." - Thoros of Myr

The thing is, the whole point of those prophecies are to defeat the Other threat, or at least something bigger than a human threat.

There's no need for a flame thrower sword to win the human war. 

I don't see Jon killing Dany being the prophecy in a realistic manner. Unless you mean that the sword that gets forged by Dany's death, is the kingdom...

57 minutes ago, Targaryen Peas said:

The thing is, the whole point of those prophecies are to defeat the Other threat, or at least something bigger than a human threat.

There's no need for a flame thrower sword to win the human war. 

I don't see Jon killing Dany being the prophecy in a realistic manner. Unless you mean that the sword that gets forged by Dany's death, is the kingdom... 

I mean that Dany will lose her mind and life for the sake of victory over the Others. It was Jon who convinced her to fight the Night King, and Dany lost everything for that. So Jon will sacrifice Dany for the sake of the Seven Kingdoms. Yes, the sword is life in Westeros, the kingdom. Without Dany, fighting on Jon’s side, victory was impossible. But because of the victory, she lost her mind and life...

7 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

No she didn't. She had three. The other two are just her lies.

Was king Bobby lying as well? Cersei and Bobby B were lying to themselves or the audience or both? Because when they have that heart-to-heart in series one they talk about that black-haired baby they had...

On 5/11/2019 at 9:06 PM, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

And Lightbringer is supposedly bathed in the blood of Nissa Nissa

it was in blood of Catelyn Stark, in blood of Varys (in the book; he can be Targaryen) and maybe in Tyrion's blood (like Varys he could damage a hand by that).

So the dagger collected three important bloods. 

But maybe there is no sense. Because there are no Night King like this in books, this is a creature of D&D.

11 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Was king Bobby lying as well? Cersei and Bobby B were lying to themselves or the audience or both? Because when they have that heart-to-heart in series one they talk about that black-haired baby they had...

To be fair, I allways took the prophecy about giving birth to living babies. So that could still remain true. 

But are we really analysing wheather this show will even concider to go deep into prophecies? This season contradicts even itself within minutes. "Danny kind of forgot about the Iron fleet" is all I have to say to this :D

4 minutes ago, T and A said:

To be fair, I allways took the prophecy about giving birth to living babies. So that could still remain true. 

But are we really analysing wheather this show will even concider to go deep into prophecies? This season contradicts even itself within minutes. "Danny kind of forgot about the Iron fleet" is all I have to say to this :D

But the black-haired beautiful baby boy wasn’t stillborn, was he? I honestly don’t remember but I thought not...

And yes, Dany forgot, Euron wasn’t paying attention, and on and on. :D

Archived