Eurocommie May meet.

Ser Sean

I was just discussing this with my Dad ( Oxford resident ) last night . I am well up for it .

Needle - will I get him to book it ? Let's get a rough count over the next couple of days as to how many folks are in to it . We are going to want at least two or three boats ( at max. 6 per boat . ) . For three hours or something ? Just ideas - I'm bringing my Jolly Roger :pirate:

folks at work were talking about how you could leave from 1 pub on teh river, punt to another ( taking an hour - 2 hours depending on alcohol levels) then punt back. But I cant remember the names of any of the pubs!! so yeah, get your dad to book it as long as there are attendant hostellries :)

I will certainly tell him to pay mind to attendant hostellries - but that is pretty much a given in my family . I think I know the crew your workmates were refferring to . I can see the pub sign in my mind's eye but , alas I also remember no names . They serve good trad. ales and that , er ... not coming tome . Right , will report back .

Mr Jo's Dad ( Tony ) is also looking for karaoke and threatening to join us on punting trips and in the Port MAhon . Like the man says , I'm sorry ...

You are all mad punts for even considering going out on a river with a dreunk Zak!!!!

Hey - we can have punts of the Scotto-Hiberno-Vikings Ironborn and make raiding excursions on innocents along the river bank. Bagsy having Feerocious Fee the Bloodthirsty (I've got the bite scars), Jostein the Monk Murderer and Mel the Mad Marauder as my raiding buddies :P

Lifejackets are available if required

oh fuck yeah!!!!! we're going swimming and i don't want to join the Drowned God

Lifejackets are for pussies. And for people under 4ft tall (the river has to be shallow so you can punt in it!).

I love punting. 3 hours's too long though I think. 1 hour'd do most people, especially those actually rowing and punting :P

(while the rest dozes on)

It's great fun as people don't go too straight and those in the middle tend to be drunk as Ballyhack, especially on sunny days ;)

I got pics somewhere of an Oxford punting trip I'll root out when I have my intarnet back

Thing with the punts is that it would be good to punt up the river to the pub, sit around for an hour or two drinking, then punt back. We don't want to get to the pub and only have 15 mins before going back. But i don't know anything about the distances.

Thing with the punts is that it would be good to punt up the river to the pub, sit around for an hour or two drinking, then punt back. We don't want to get to the pub and only have 15 mins before going back. But i don't know anything about the distances.

That seems like a good idea. :)

Archived