Eurocommie May meet.

Ser Sean

What has been done before was that somebody made a group booking. I'd think the hostel would prefer one booking for 20 people rather than 20 bookings for one person.

20 bookings for one person? :unsure:

:lol: They are a hostel - it is their job to take bookings. Why should it make any difference to them? Maybe more people could take their antimalarials properly and NOT get malaria because then I would have less work to do every day? Oh no, I remember now - I chose to do this for a living. :P

I was just trying to be self-sufficient instead of relying on someone else to do it for me.

Yeah, self-reliance ftw. I can make a group booking if thats what people want, but individual ones are easier, at least for me. The hostel (Central Backbackers) says that they have availibility for 20+ on those dates. You might want to mention you're part of the group from the online forum, since I've been in contact with them.

Yeah, self-reliance ftw. I can make a group booking if thats what people want, but individual ones are easier, at least for me. The hostel (Central Backbackers) says that they have availibility for 20+ on those dates. You might want to mention you're part of the group from the online forum, since I've been in contact with them.

"We want to stay here a few nights. And we're FROM THE INTERNET!"

£14 per night in a dorm (according to the site)? Very reasonable. However my local rail network is refusing to say whether it'll be shutting down on Bank Holiday Monday (as they have done for the last 3-4 in a row) so until I find that out I'm not sure what precise days or times I can do. I suppose I can go for three and just add on another night if necesssary later on (or find an all-night cafe near Liverpool Street to camp out in: it's been done before).

The idea with a gropu booking is that you pretty much get your own dorm though. Can only be done for Friday and Saturday, and the other days done individually I'd say though.

I got a credit card and can always give a deposit if required (and I'm not even 100% sure I can make it myself :lol: but Sean upgaraded me to organiser it looks :P )

Deposit is 20% in advance but they also need the full payment at least two weeks before we arrive. Dont think they have any such restrictions for individual bookings, unless you book online. And a group booking at this stage is only like 14 definite definites.

One could always pre-book 14 places (say) for Friday and Saturday nights, since we seem to be reasonably sure we'll get that much. Anyone above that can book an individual place. I don't mind been the one that prebooks in that case.

I'm not sure what the state of play is with the Thursday and Sunday nights.

Might be complicated, I don't know.

Ok, the hostel emailed me today (to ask if the group i was inquiring about needed single sex dorms). So i might as well make the booking. I count 11 people definite that aren't staying somewhere else (Paddy, i dunno if you want to go the five star hotel/B&B route too). Anyway, if you think thats a good idea and you want to be booked now post and say so. :P

Archived