Fosse/Verdon

Jaxom 1974

Why did we not talk about this FX mini-series?  It finishes up tonight and it's freaking amazing.  Michelle Williams and Sam Rockwell...they're uncanny in the title roles...Cabaret, Pippin, Chicago...so many other shows they were part of.  And their story overall.  Just remarkable.

Just another amazing entry into a really great year of television so far in 2019...

1 hour ago, Isis said:

Still waiting for this to air in the UK. :crying:

Just when it seems we have simultaneous broadcasts we get these occasional reminders that it isn't always the case. Often feels the longer the wait more likely it'll wind up somewhere obscure

I'm watching it now on demand.  Sunday nights have just been too buy these past few weeks to catch it.  So far I'm enjoying it.

(but you might want to edit the thread title - its Verdon not Verson)

6 hours ago, lady narcissa said:

I'm watching it now on demand.  Sunday nights have just been too buy these past few weeks to catch it.  So far I'm enjoying it.

(but you might want to edit the thread title - its Verdon not Verson)

Crap. Didn't notice the typo.  Thanks!

And it had been on Tuesdays...not Sundays...

For anyone in the UK who has been waiting for this show: I've just seen a trailer for it on BBC2. It said summer, I think. I've searched but can't find anything definitive. 

31 minutes ago, Isis said:

For anyone in the UK who has been waiting for this show: I've just seen a trailer for it on BBC2. It said summer, I think. I've searched but can't find anything definitive. 

Apparently bbc landed a big deal with FX 6 months ago where they get to air a lot of their new shows (snowfall, mayans, what we do in the shadows, etc). The catch is they don't seem to air them until after they gave finished airing the entire season in USA. Which is kind of pointless considering how easy it is to get by other means. 

I waited for "shadows" but it is frustrating putting up with the wait as i just don't see what it achieves. If sky or BT were airing the shows, fair enough but that isn't the case.

14 hours ago, red snow said:

Apparently bbc landed a big deal with FX 6 months ago where they get to air a lot of their new shows (snowfall, mayans, what we do in the shadows, etc). The catch is they don't seem to air them until after they gave finished airing the entire season in USA. Which is kind of pointless considering how easy it is to get by other means. 

I waited for "shadows" but it is frustrating putting up with the wait as i just don't see what it achieves. If sky or BT were airing the shows, fair enough but that isn't the case.

Tbh I don't mind a short wait like this. We haven't started watching 'shadows' yet as my husband had to watch the film first. We will probably start it soon, now that's we've done Chernobyl.

Plus at least there are no ads on BBC.

1 hour ago, Isis said:

Tbh I don't mind a short wait like this. We haven't started watching 'shadows' yet as my husband had to watch the film first. We will probably start it soon, now that's we've done Chernobyl.

Plus at least there are no ads on BBC.

I'd rather have the option to watch at the same time as everyone else. It's fine with shadows as i really don't care when spoilers inevitably leak but it's beyond annoying for shows where it makes a difference. And i still don't grasp why the delay exists as it doesn't serve anyone from a business sense unless the BBC simply doesn't want outsourced programming to take centre stage to their own product.

But i agree, it would be an added annoyance if itv/c4 made us wait and then made us watch their rather erratic ads (pretty sure they range from 15s to 4 minutes so you can't plan a timed escape/break)

• 2 months later...

Archived