Cycling - 2022 the remco show

BigFatCoward

Yeah moviestar always takes notice of the teams classification. 

In other news Cav is in for Bennett!

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lefevere-cast-doubts-on-the-severity-of-sam-bennetts-knee-issue/

Spicy from Lefevre he does a good job year in year out with Quickstep consistently being one of the most winning teams each year. Sounds like he thinks Bennett is basically saving his value for the next contract elsewhere by not wanting to get beaten by the other top sprinters at the tour

Movistar are insanely committed to the team classification. 

I would love Cav to win one more stage. After what he has been through and the career he has had. But nobody 'deserves' a stage at the tour. 

First 2 stages might actually be worth watching with small climbs at the finish of both. Top GC riders may only lose 10-15 seconds but it will show who is in form. Roglic is probably the best at a final uphill sprint.

5th stage TT will be a proper shakeup. 

Will be fun with alaphillipe, roglic, pogacar and those guys possibly mixing it up with Sagan, Van aert and Van der poel. Not sure I can see Ewan getting up those steeper first 2 finishes. Plus there is always some surprises with these sorts of finishes this early and the forecast weather of wet and windy for the first week

Stage 1 and 2 I expect van der poel, Van aert and Alaphillipe to share the spoils between them.

Just read its Van Der Poel's first tour on the 45th anniversary of his grandads last. Who despite finishing on the podium 8 times never wore yellow for even one day, he will be super motivated to get one in his memory. 

Some GC contenders might lose up to 20 seconds over the first 2 stages but none of the big 4 (Pog, Rog, GT or Carapaz). 

Ideally nobody crashes, but if people drop time on crosswinds that's on them. 

11 hours ago, karaddin said:

That spectator is an absolute dipshit. Sign for the camera, not even looking at the riders as they hang their arm out into the road

If you don't care about the sport, the video is kind of magical. 

12 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

If you don't care about the sport, the video is kind of magical. 

The mum showing athlete level reflexes saving her kid from the later crash is pretty impressive as well

Yeah even if they get back on he doesn't look to be in a good way. Amazing that by 50km into stage 3 they have gone from a possibility of 4 different guys being the leader to Carapaz being the man for Ineos. Roglic also lost Gesink in that crash and Martin went down again.

Sounds like GT may have had his hands up on top of the bars/brakes and got caught out by a speed bump a bit like the way he came down at tour of romandie earlier in the season.

12 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Carnage. Carapaz the big GC winner, Roglic and Thomas both unlikely to do as good TT as expected now. Pogacar must be happy. 

It's funny how Carapaz comes out as the winner in a way while Ineos as a whole have had a rough few days. 

Ewan's fall looked nasty, and he was looking really good :( Aussie's dropping like flies at the end there. 

I thought GT couldn't possibly continue with how much pain he looked in when his arm was touched, but the commentators said it was a shoulder dislocation so maybe it won't impact his performance too much. He got right back to the peloton before the other crashes right? Did he get caught up in the delays from them though?

Yeah Cav getting another win after looking like he was done is awesome. It was about 1am where I live and I was up outt of my seat yelling at the tv which is something I never do. 

Im a mad golfer and watching that finish last night was up there with watching tiger win the masters in 2019.

Alaphillipe won after leaving tour de Swisse for the birth of his first kid, then we got Van der Poel dedicating his to his grandfather and now Cav making his comeback this year complete. Talk about the highs and lows of cycling with all the big crashes and injuries in only the first 4 stages. Think I'm going to be worn out by the end of the first week just from watching.

I was feeling for the poor guy in the break and cheering him on at the end, it's got to be crushing to get so close and yet so far. 

The peloton in full lead out mode looks so predatory when it's running a break down at the end like that lol

1 hour ago, karaddin said:

I was feeling for the poor guy in the break and cheering him on at the end, it's got to be crushing to get so close and yet so far. 

The peloton in full lead out mode looks so predatory when it's running a break down at the end like that lol

No matter how much they know to keep their head down and don't look back, they just can't help themselves. It must be heartbreaking when you feel everyone swarm past you. 

Archived