Copenhagen Eurocon (Sept 21-23)

mormont

I thought we were all crashing at Prod's place?

:o

Well, seriously, I really dont mind any number of you sleeping at my place (well, as long as I know you :) ), Im sure I could get a bunch of extra matresses or some such, so if anyone wants to save some money that way just let me know.

But I will do some research into some cheap hostels and hotels, if that doesn´t really appeal.

Well, it would get us away from the fisting that's bound to occur at your place ;)

Who do you think is going to be doing the fisting? :P

Seriously, if you can find some cheapish hostels or hotels in the area that would be terrific, Prod. :)

Who do you think is going to be doing the fisting? :P

I thought Barry was probable, but having just checked it seems he's only on the possible list, and Sean is nowhere to be seen. Looks like the n00b is safe for now.

Okay, so far it seems Copenhagen has incredibly few hostels. I found one which seems pretty promising though - 20 minutes from the Con with a single bus ride, price a maximum of £18 pr. night, though I will call them tomorrow to find the exact price. It is also a "designer" hostel, and should be very nice, plus it is very central.

Other than that I found two hotels which are both half an hour away, at around £20 per night. But that would require room sharing between four people, both places.

I doubt anything cheaper will present itself, Copenhagen is very pricy.

I will continue to look though, if people aren´t happy about the above hostel or if problems with it should appear.

The hostel has ample 6, 8, and 10 people rooms for whilst the con is on. The price is £15 per night, friday and saturday is £15.75

I´ll have a look later to see if there is anything better.

Looks promising Prod, thanks for doing the search for us :) - don't know how we're doing this but when it comes down to booking anything I'll need a bed for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights... Do we know how many people are coming that will need accommodation?

MJ: that looks pretty cool. :) We need to see who all needs accommodation: but for that we need to get more 'definites', goddammit! :P

Booked my flight, so that's another step forward. Alas, I may need to sell the firstborn to pay for it, but he's a smart kid. He'll find his own way home. I'll slip him a hairpin to take care of the locks. ;)

MJ: that looks pretty cool. :) We need to see who all needs accommodation: but for that we need to get more 'definites', goddammit! :P

Booked my flight, so that's another step forward. Alas, I may need to sell the firstborn to pay for it, but he's a smart kid. He'll find his own way home. I'll slip him a hairpin to take care of the locks. ;)

Haha . OK I am really hoping to be able to attend - but I will have just started uni and moved to a new town . So , I am not going to know whther I can pull off this particular caper til the beginning of Sept . Even then it may be a friday to sunday special .

Prod - we are going to need supplies - savvy ?

Archived