Copenhagen Eurocon (Sept 21-23)

mormont

Everyone: my suggestion at the moment is this. The Friday night con party looks a lot more fun than the Saturday night one. So I think those of us there on Friday should hit the con party, then maybe Saturday night we can do something in Copenhagen itself.

Bah. I think this sounds good. It's just that I have to leave early on Saturday, so I suggest starting to drink early? :cheers:

Bah. I think this sounds good. It's just that I have to leave early on Saturday, so I suggest starting to drink early? :cheers:

No. Absolutely not. Wouldn't hear of it.

Oh, alright then. :cheers::P

Hosting a party is not really viable as far as I can see. The problem is the lack of a venue. There is no info on the con page about independent parties - I imagine that means there won't be any in the con centre. The hotel most of us are staying in is not a con hotel - they won't take a tolerant view of people throwing parties, and in any case the hotel's a fair walk from the con. Hence my suggestion of doing the con party on Friday, then taking ourselves (and any cool people we meet :)) somewhere for a night out on Saturday.

Of course all plans are subject to change if we get a better suggestion. :)

Ahh. thought it might be something like that. Bigger conventions has planned independent parties, and assigned con hotels. The homepage of the hotel does mention that they have a pub next door, that can be used for parties. But for a convention this size, I guess it would be to much of a bother to get enough people to a party not held at the con.

But no matter. We will just shake up things at the con party.

With regards to the saturday night party. I am not sure if I want to go or not. I have never been to a con before. Would be nice to soak up some of the atmosphere. And Masqurade sounds like fun. But i guees there will be dressed up people at other occasions too, and plenty to do at the con away from saturday night that would show a little NooB what a con is all about.

Edit: sorry just fund out that the hotel is farther from the convention that I thought. Missjudged distances. Not to far to walk, but to far to easily drop my for a party.

Hey. Does anyone have a phone number so I can contact you guys in case I don't have internet? (I'll have a Swedish one that I'll gladly PM to someone who's coordinating this).

Good question. I have no idea if mine will work in Denmark. I'll check.

Hey. Does anyone have a phone number so I can contact you guys in case I don't have internet? (I'll have a Swedish one that I'll gladly PM to someone who's coordinating this).

I can PM my cell phone number to anyone who participates. I am sure Mormont's will work in Copenhagen as well. However, I don't really feel that I'm the best person to coordinate things, since I'm shamefully clueless about places to go in Copenhagen. Being a Swede and only occasional visitor, I only know a few places in the centre of the city. I'm hoping for one of the Danes to step in here!

Speaking of that, does anyone know if prod still is up for this? I checked his posts and realised that he hasn't posted at all for three weeks. If he's busy we are totally dependent on you, Maester Jørgensen! ;)

Right now, I can only contribute with a very vague plan for Saturday afternoon-evening that looks like this:

1. See something somewhere (the Con/the sights of wonderful Copenhagen, depending mainly on what the visitors from far away are interested in)

2. Eat something somewhere

3. Drink something somewhere

Obviously, this needs some fleshing out :P and I'm very open to suggestions!

Oh, and Turinqui-Calima, you asked about other Swedish boarders upthread. I'm not really aware of any others than me and Happy Ent (who is a Dano-German living in Sweden) within easy commuting distance to Copenhagen. There used to be Cerys/Lyanna, but she moved to England and Zollo (who is Dutch) but he moved to Scotland and a few others that I haven't seen around since well before we moved to this board. However, if anyone reads this and feels like a day trip (or more) to Copenhagen you are of course very welcome!

Anyway, I'll PM my cell phone number to Mormont and Turinqui-Calima, and anyone else who posts/PMs me, in order to begin an exchange of phone numbers (always a good thing for an event like this).

Hey all :)

Im still here and im still doing the con! Im sorry for my absence so far :(

Will you forgive me if I tell you I have been... preoccupied, the last three weeks, because of a girl? ;)

Lupigis, I like your very vague plan for Saturday :) Tomorrow I will compose a list of possibles for each step and post them here. I will also PM my phone number to everyone who is coming to the con, just in case :)

Well, I just checked the Orange website, and it seems my phone will work in Denmark. Prod, if your number is the same as it was last year in LA, I already have it, and ditto Mormont. My phone number is still the same, and I believe you both already have it.

Malt, yeah I do and I think Lup is right, my phone should work in Denmark (but I'll check tomorrow). Assuming this is so I'll PM everyone then.

Prod, that's a decent excuse, you young scamp. ;)

Btw, I'm still a possibility for this. I will be back at work on Monday and it really depends on how bad things are there. Would like to slip away on Friday sometime. :) But I might not be able to.

Could somebody repost the hostel you are staying in? Just in case I do something...

Btw, I'm still a possibility for this. I will be back at work on Monday and it really depends on how bad things are there. Would like to slip away on Friday sometime. :) But I might not be able to.

Could somebody repost the hostel you are staying in? Just in case I do something...

It wouldn't be a meet without you, Pod! :)

We're in the Løven Hotel - the details are further upthread.

Archived