Scott Lynch and Elizabeth Bear Accused by Alexandra Rowland

Ran

37 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Someone, i _think_ Seanan McGuire, but am not sure, said something on the twitter about how someone can be both an abuser and a victim of abuse, they aren't mutually exclusive.

Also, finding out about the whole RaceFail 09 because of this(google if you don't know and want to loose faith in humanity even more) made me reevaluate some things said by certain people.

The thing that really gets me is how quick the SFF community decided Rowland was the villain and swept the whole thing under the rug. Oh, And Bear blaming everything on RoH and unironically calling things fake news and a disinformation campaign...ooiee don;t get me started.

I mean, there's been a lot of other stuff coming out about Lynch/Bears behavior over the years. but she seems to have deflected it all by claiming its just some trolls. Sure a lot of it is anonymous, but of course it is.

I rant. I obviously have strong feelings about this whole thing.

Oh I agree with all of that. I just think feeding into the narrative of what each of these people has done wrong (and neither of them have completely perfect behavior in this scenario), kind of creates an environment where Lynch can sit back and shrug it off as “chicks, man, they crazy” and throw his wife and ex lover under the bus for a messy situation bred entirely by his misconduct. While I agree her behavior is abusive and bad and there’s some shitty things about Rowland’s handling, too- this is all 100% predictable results of his behavior which we have probably all seen scenarios very similar play out and somehow it is never the person responsible who faces most of the consequences. So I just prefer to focus on Lynch since it’s his fault and while Bear is handling this poorly, I give her some pity since it is a reaction to suffering where Lynch is just being gross and selfish.

4 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

Oh I agree with all of that. I just think feeding into the narrative of what each of these people has done wrong (and neither of them have completely perfect behavior in this scenario), kind of creates an environment where Lynch can sit back and shrug it off as “chicks, man, they crazy” and throw his wife and ex lover under the bus for a messy situation bred entirely by his misconduct. While I agree her behavior is abusive and bad and there’s some shitty things about Rowland’s handling, too- this is all 100% predictable results of his behavior which we have probably all seen scenarios very similar play out and somehow it is never the person responsible who faces most of the consequences. So I just prefer to focus on Lynch since it’s his fault and while Bear is handling this poorly, I give her some pity since it is a reaction to suffering where Lynch is just being gross and selfish.

Yeah I can go with that.

Also I am reminded Rowland prefers They/Them so I must now go edit my posts before @karaddin(rightly) yells at me

1 hour ago, Darth Richard II said:

Yeah I can go with that.

Also I am reminded Rowland prefers They/Them so I must now go edit my posts before @karaddin(rightly) yells at me

I never yell, I'll just be disappointed

2 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Also, forgive my ranting, but its fucking sad how this within hours became about Rowland vs Bear while Lynch sits in the corner twiddling his thumbs.

This is where I am at when I see stuff about this.  Lynch seems to be getting a gentle once over while Bear and Rowland are much more scrutinized. 

Archived