Just A Few Thoughts On Winterfell

Curled Finger

19 hours ago, BlackLightning said:

It's very likely that LSH would find a way to publicly expose Jeyne as a pretender and before killing her. Maybe she would spare her life but, in any case, LSH would destroy Jeyne's reputation.

I doubt that Jeyne will be in the neighborhood of LSH by herself in any event.  The Riverlands isn't really a likely destination for her.  Right now, Jeyne is headed to the Wall, and most likely on to Braavos.  I doubt the Riverlands is on her itinerary.  If she does end up there, it will likely be in the company of someone else, most likely either Sansa or Arya, who can explain the situation and likely protect her from retaliation. 

On 8/11/2020 at 4:50 PM, Curled Finger said:

Here and again, I vacillate between thoughts on Lady Stone Heart.  She's demonstrated zero tolerance or kindness for anyone who harmed her family.  But Jeyne hasn't harmed her family.  Being forced to impersonate Arya has served as cover for Arya to go do her thing as far as most can tell.   I can't see any reason for this to be out of sync with LSH's New World Order.   I'm not sure Jeyne even has a reputation at this point.  She may have before Little Finger destroyed her, but make no mistake, this child is no longer who she might have been.  

@kissdbyfire @Nevets

I agree; I'm not saying I disagree. Lady Stoneheart's reaction to Jeyne Poole -- regardless of whether or not she actually gets to meet Jeyne again -- is really a coin toss. No one knows how she will react

A lot of people in the fandom think that Lady Stoneheart is some irrational raging beast but I think she's much more rational than she lets on. Exposing Jeyne as a fake and killing her is not just an attack on Jeyne; it's an attack on the Lannister regime and House Bolton. House Bolton has a claim to Winterfell if Jeyne dies and if it is not commonly made known that Jeyne was an imposter to begin with. Exposing Jeyne and killing her invalidates that claim.

On 8/11/2020 at 4:39 PM, Curled Finger said:

I always read the bit about Stannis going to the Wall as something of an epiphany for him.  Stannis is no dummy and may be working on his powers of persuasion which often includes a bit of ego stroking opportunism.   He realizes the importance of the Stark name in the North.  He may not care for them, but I think he does care for Jon a bit as evidenced by sending his sister back to him.   It's not Stannis' fault that the girl is not actually Jon's sister.  Stannis is becoming a player right along the same lines as Sansa is becoming a player.   

But Stannis is a dummy. He made several big mistakes in GameClash and Storm that continue to impact him. He is also underestimating the power of love in politics...

1 hour ago, BlackLightning said:

But Stannis is a dummy. He made several big mistakes in GameClash and Storm that continue to impact him. He is also underestimating the power of love in politics...

Blasphemer!  

It's sad that Stannis really is the heir to the IT and he can't get any traction because he's such a drag.  He's absolutely right and no one wants him.  Except Selyse, she seems to like him.  Nonetheless, everyone made mistakes in Game, Clash and Storm.   Cersei has a real problem caring about anything beyond herself yet she rules and no one actually likes her.  I see some better resolve in Stannis' attitude.  Though I won't go all the way to anyone loving him, I think it's possible he may gain support and popularity after he takes Winterfell.  

Archived