Dothraki in Westeros

Anthony Appleyard

The Dothraki that Daenerys brought into Westeros in the TV continuity are not the only  Dothraki that got into Westeros. In one of the books (book continuity) I found story matter about an outlaw gang in Westeros, and one of its members was a Dothraki, but I found nothing about how he came to Westeros.

The Brave Companions have more than one Dothraki amongst them, but they are just sellswords, it's not the same as taking a Khalasar to invade Westeros, they're just mercenaries hired by Westerosi.

1 hour ago, Lion of the West said:

Wasn't he a Brave Companion who likely came with the rest of that Free Company?

Someone should look through the books and bring a quote with that scene here.

He was in the Brave Companions. I believe he was the one that cut Jaimes hand off.

ACOK 30 (Arya VII):

Arya did not know who Bloody Mummers were until a fortnight later, when the queerest company of men she’d ever seen arrived at Harrenhal. Beneath the standard of a black goat with bloody horns rode copper men with bells in their braids; lancers astride striped black-and-white horses; bowmen with powdered cheeks; squat hairy men with shaggy shields; brown-skinned men in feathered cloaks; a wispy fool in green-and-pink motley; swordsmen with fantastic forked beards dyed green and purple and silver; spearmen with colored scars that covered their cheeks; a slender man in septon’s robes, a fatherly one in maester’s grey, and a sickly one whose leather cloak was fringed with long blond hair.

So it seems that Vargo assembled a motley crew of warriors from several different cultures in Essos, as well as a few Westerosi, some Summer Islanders, and ... Hmmm, I don't know about the sickly one.  

Archived