What if Lysa miscarried Petyr’s child and Hoster never found out?

Angel Eyes

So what would have happened if Hoster Tully never found out that Lysa was pregnant with Petyr’s child because she miscarried? How much would it change who she marries if Hoster doesn’t have to deal with a daughter who’s “damaged goods”, for instance? 

Well, we know betrothal to Jamie Lannister was on the table at some point before Lysa's marriage to Jon Arryn.  I'm thinking some other second son of note like Lyn Corbray, Oberyn Martell, Stannis Baratheon, Garland Tyrell or even Ned Stark.   To be clear, I don't think Ned was ever on the table for a southron marriage, he serves as an example here exclusively.  I think Hoster turned the damaged goods into a vessel of proven fertility as a point of sale to Jon Arryn.   Still, I think Lysa was besotted with Petyr Baelish and no one she could have married would have brought her any joy.   While we don't know what Lysa thought as a young girl we can't discount the possibility that becoming pregnant with Baelish's child may have been some way to force her father to allow her to marry the guy she wanted.   

3 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Nothing would have changed.

:agree:

Even if she miscarried then, later, when Hoster would have offered to marry her to Jon Arryn, Lysa would have said to her father that she doesn't want to marry with Jon, because she loves Petyr. She was that stupid. She definitely would have used her love for Petyr as a viable (in her own mind) reason not to marry with Jon, or anyone else. Lysa was always a bit insane, even in her early years, long before that miscarriage and her marriage with Arryn. Her getting into Petyr's bed, is one of indicators of her being of not sound mind.

Archived