Joe Abercrombie titles

Wik

Hey guys! I tend to hide and pop back up alot and welp, here I am lol....

I just took an impromptu trip to my local Barnes and Noble and low and behold, I find a new book by Joe! "A Little Hatred" was something I wasn't aware of even being written! As I poke around, I find a nice signed copy of "The Trouble With Peace". Cool, GREAT! I just purchased two books. 

As I'm looking around more I see this "Half a King" series.....

Wait, so I will admit, I'm an idiot. I can't stand waiting for novels and movies etc. I tend to NOT go looking for information as it gets me all hyped up and I can't contain myself. LOL So, this is a self inflicted wound, however, my purpose is to find out, if this other (Half) trilogy is something I need to read before I read this new series? Am I SO far behind?! I'm kind of delighted about it, in a weird way! I honestly don't think I even completed Sharp Ends, but I know those are all one off short stories. I've read all the others before it. But I just can't believe I missed, what, FIVE novels??? Unless the Half Trilogy is separate from these other novels/trilogies?

Any insight and feedback would be greatly appreciated!

The Shattered Sea Trilogy, (The Half a ...... trilogy) is not set in the same world as the First Law series, so is completely separate.   It is more of a young adult series, but it is still Abercrombie.  I enjoyed all three books. 

A Little Hatred and the Trouble With Peace are part of a new series set in the same world as the First Law books, set a couple decades later.

Just now, Leofric said:

The Shattered Sea Trilogy, (The Half a ...... trilogy) is not set in the same world as the First Law series, so is completely separate.   It is more of a young adult series, but it is still Abercrombie.  I enjoyed all three books. 

A Little Hatred and the Trouble With Peace are part of a new series set in the same world as the First Law books, set a couple decades later.

Ok, thank you! I suppose I will still look into the Shattered Sea Trilogy at some point but I will focus on the trilogy that works within the same world as the First Law.

I really appreciate the clarification!

10 hours ago, Wik said:

Ok, thank you! I suppose I will still look into the Shattered Sea Trilogy at some point but I will focus on the trilogy that works within the same world as the First Law.

I really appreciate the clarification!

I'd add that the Shattered Sea trilogy is very good fun, and there were so many loose ends left at the end of it, that I hope Joe Abercrombie will return to that world.

12 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I'd add that the Shattered Sea trilogy is very good fun, and there were so many loose ends left at the end of it, that I hope Joe Abercrombie will return to that world.

But a satisfactory ending.

1 hour ago, SeanF said:

I’m not so sure.  It was very much the young Bayaz emerging the victor.

I meant satisfactory in so much that if it does finish at that point, you wouldn't feel like you had missed out on anything.  Though there is clearly a path to a follow up if he wanted to. 

Archived