The Lion, The Witch, And the Seastar (Theory)

So... Tyrion might be a Seer.

Let me start again.

As I read and re-read the Tyrion chapters, one thing strikes me more and more each time. Tyrion is often the mouthpiece of irony. He will say something or think something that is not only not true, but ironically, opposite of major plot points and important world lore. One of the first and most iconic examples of this is when Tyrion ponders Jon Snow's heritage thinking something along the lines of, "Whoever his mother was, she left little of herself in him." The irony here being the opposite, Jon takes mostly after his mother Lyanna Stark over his father Rhaegar Targaryen. And while I'm not making an essay here so I'm not going to list a bunch more examples, in effect Tyrion make several like statements thought ASoIaF.

Well maybe this means nothing. He's not necessarily some Cassandra esc prophet. Maybe it's just sometimes the little man is just lucky or very unlucky. He's smart and perceptive, and maybe he misinterprets some things.

But Tyrion may not be who he seems either. Some think Tyrion is a Targaryen bastard, and Targaryen's are known for their dragon dreams. Not only that, but if he is a son of the mad King Aerys, as some have speculated, then he is also of the blood of old kings and the First Men, through his Blackwood grandmother, The same line mix as Bloodraven. 

Still he's got to be half Lannister, and what's so magical about lions? I mean Leaf does go to mention Lions in company with Dire wolfs and Giants when talking to Bran in Dance about magic going out of the world, so maybe Lions are more special than we think?

AND Speaking of Targaryen Bastards who practiced magic, one was called Shiera SeaStar, and her mother was of Lys. Her mother was also supposedly a sorceress who slowed her own aging. interestingly she died giving birth to the Seastar, a girl of incredible beauty like her mother. and interestingly enough, this daughter leaned to practice magic as well and serves as master of whisperers. And this Bastard daughter (who Im not suggesting is also the mother reborn as her own child but am not not suggesting that) of Targaryen blood showed a single defect. two eyes of different colors, one of green and one of dark blue.

And a Dwarf blinked back with his mismatched eyes. 

Interesting idea, I've never heard it before and hadn't before thought to connect Sheira Seastar and Tyrion's eyes. 

I'm a bit confused however. Are you saying that because Tyrion gets the past and the present wrong (i.e. Jon's mother), that means he can see the future? 

If so, I don't really see the logic of this. Can you explain it to me as if I'm really dumb? 

11 hours ago, Targaryeninkingslanding said:

Jon takes mostly after his mother Lyanna Stark over his father Rhaegar Targaryen.

He has more of his dad's nature than his mom's nature, IMHO. 

11 hours ago, Targaryeninkingslanding said:

and interestingly enough, this daughter leaned to practice magic as well and serves as master of whisperers

This is incorrect. She is said to have aided Lord Bloodraven in being the master of whisperers, but she was never actually the master of whisperers.

7 hours ago, Lady_Qohor said:

I'm a bit confused however. Are you saying that because Tyrion gets the past and the present wrong (i.e. Jon's mother), that means he can see the future? 

If so, I don't really see the logic of this. Can you explain it to me as if I'm really dumb? 

Prophecy isn't always easy, as Mel will tell you. you may confuse for what must with what may, or misinterpret things. Tyrion drinks to drown out his dreams as well.

Im not confident enough to state Tyrion is some soothsayer, but a lot of his lines do foreshadow major plot developments that are not easy to assume happening at the time the line is delivered. Tyrion may just have some bad luck in this, but his "prediction" (lets loosely call them) often strongly reflect the truth to the point were i read later Tyrion lines and can't help but think the is George teasing the reader. I read it and think the opposite will happen but to the effect that will thematically or aesthetically reflect the claim

some ability like this is a good way to explain this in the context of the books, And because he had a genetic makeup to support the possibility of said powers i made this proposal. Though I had smoked a lot of weed before I made it it so...

4 hours ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

He has more of his dad's nature than his mom's nature, IMHO. 

This is incorrect. She is said to have aided Lord Bloodraven in being the master of whisperers, but she was never actually the master of whisperers.

Yeah but physically he resemble his mom, which Tyrion is what Tyrion is ironically misinterpreting, the truth of R+L=J being a popularly presumed major elements of the story.

You are right, she is not the master of whispers. my mistake. doesn't change the fact that she practiced magic, is a Targ bastard who shares a defect with Tyrion, a possible Targ bastard, which is the larger point i am making in reference to her.

16 hours ago, Targaryeninkingslanding said:

But Tyrion may not be who he seems either. Some think Tyrion is a Targaryen bastard, and Targaryen's are known for their dragon dreams.

Probably true: he says, "I used to dream of having a dragon of my own."  - which could be just a child's imagination, but he follows up  with "I seldom even dream of dragons anymore."  So either Tyrion is still stuck in 'let's pretend' games, or he is having actual dragon dreams.

Maybe he is a bit of a seer, but it doesn't have to be that way. Other people make prophetic remarks (e.g. Arya wishing for a lion-killing dog before meeting the Hound). I think it's not so much the person, as the prophecies being out there and just landing on ordinary people/heroes. Or maybe it's just totally meta, the whole story is prophetic and that's how we have to read it. :dunno:

Archived