2020 Paralympics

GB off to a great start, but USA have decided that they do want to defend and spoil after all.
GB up to a 5 point margin at the end of Q1; this should be pegged back to al level by the end of Q3.

ETA: was heading all the way for a draw, unless USA could be VERY cute with the clock (which they weren't... enough) - then GB throw the ball away with 42 seconds to go more-or-less confirming the loss; which is how it ends.
Should be a re-match for the final

On 8/26/2021 at 1:55 PM, Tywin et al. said:

Nothing against the Paralympics, I think it's a great thing, but I've never seen someone argue "Well, you kicked our ass medal wise in the Olympics, but ha, we're beating you medal wise in the Paralympics just after they started!"

Its called bants.

Which medla count do you think is correct now that you have a lot of golds but hardly any silver or bronze?

4 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Its called bants.

Which medla count do you think is correct now that you have a lot of golds but hardly any silver or bronze?

Same as it's been literally my entire life, we count golds and total medal with the aim to be tops in both. 

Not sure if this has already been said but a GoT actor is currently competing in the Paralympics.

Krysten Coombs (one of the dwarf entertainers at the Purple Wedding) is competing in the mens badminton for Team GB. He's lost out on a chance for gold or silver after he was defeated by India's Krishna Nagar, but there's still a chance he could get a bronze medal (match takes place early tomorrow morning). At the very least, he's going to come in fourth place :)

He's previously won silver at the 2017 World Championships

Archived