Hope for the Frey family

4 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Robb broke an oath. That is the mitigating factor. He is the son of the man who was executed for treason. 

Robb breaking an oath is not a mitigating factor. Breach of contract doesn't entitle you to murder someone (in Westeros or the real world), nor does it operate to 'reduce' the charge of murder to culpable homicide/manslaughter. Breach of contract might entitle Walder to resile from the contract. So if he sent his troops home and refused to support Robb anymore, fine. But there is no way it exonerates him from the Red Wedding. Also, Walder himself is breaching a contract in any event, because he is obliged to support the Tullys, his feudal overlords.

5 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Robb broke an oath. That is the mitigating factor. He is the son of the man who was executed for treason. 

Well @Moiraine Sedai, you certainly hold true to your name. But doesn't the Blue Ajah seek justice with their causes ? Do you consider Walder Frey's actions as Justice ??

The duplicitous nature of the White Tower would approve of anything if it benefited them I suppose.

It has been a long time since I read WOT. I think I might do a reread, god knows I have enough time while waiting for WOW