The Rise and Fall of Kanye West

Tywin et al.

29 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I'm not being deliberately obtuse. Varys is trying to talk to me like I'm some sort of crazed Republican who is aware of everything 'the right' do. I'm not that person and so I don't know why he keeps asking me these questions.

Oh, I know you're not a republican. From the UK politics thread, I assume you are in England? Makes sense you wouldn't follow the shit show that is US politics. I'm in Canada, so I can't avoid it. 

You do shit on the left a lot, and I get it. I'm pretty far left by American standards, but centre left by Canadian standards. I have no problem calling out those on my 'side' for their hypocrisy. 

From the way I read it, Vary's just asked whether or not you felt that since you feel the left need some introspection for the crazies they support, shouldn't the right need the same. That's all. I'm sure you do, but sometimes the way you frame your arguments, it comes across as though it's only the left that has issues.

Personally, I feel that most people will rethink and examine their beliefs, etc. But, you're always gonna get the extreme on both ends that just double down and refuse to accept that their beliefs, etc. are garbage. Unfortunately, they are the loudest, and get the most air time. 

1 minute ago, Tyria said:

From the way I read it, Vary's just asked whether or not you felt that since you feel the left need some introspection for the crazies they support, shouldn't the right need the same. That's all. I'm sure you do, but sometimes the way you frame your arguments, it comes across as though it's only the left that has issues.

Maybe you haven’t really paid attention to how Varys works. I’ve got enough experience unfortunately.

Point being, if you are going to ask me how I feel about ‘the right’ embracing Andrew Tate, I’d wanna know who you are talking about because yeah i’m reasonably conservative and I don’t know or follow anyone that has embraced Andrew Tate, I barely know who he is outside of him getting arrested. I’m the wrong person to ask.

As I’ve repeatedly said, I have no interest in what idiots have to say, there are plenty of idiots and grifters on the left or right and what they do is not on my radar. I don’t really give a shit about far right grifters because it should be obvious to everyone  what they are up to, it just seems much less obvious to a lot of people on this board when it comes to the left, which is why I bring it up. 

This whole conversation came from the previous lionising of Russell Brand, and my statement that he’s always been insane but he said lefty stuff before and that passes the smell test for a lot of left leaning people because it fits their idea of the world. Anyone who thinks Brand is a voice of the people or a man with insight is an idiot and not worth paying attention to, right or left.

20 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

This whole conversation came from the previous lionising of Russell Brand, and my statement that he’s always been insane but he said lefty stuff before and that passes the smell test for a lot of left leaning people because it fits their idea of the world. Anyone who thinks Brand is a voice of the people or a man with insight is an idiot and not worth paying attention to, right or left.

Yeah, I used to think he was funny in small doses. I liked him in Get Him to the Greek. He has said stuff I agree with, but way more stuff that's just nuts. More so now. I agree that he shouldn't be someone to point to to get a point across. 

Same with Kanye. I never understood the hype around him. I mean, his music isn't really in a genre I typically listen too, but I never got why people thought he was a genius. His clothing and shoe lines are absolutely hideous. I don't get why people love to put the obnoxious (usually rich) crazies up as people who speak for them. Again, likely a minority, but they are so freakin' loud. There's no money to be made with sanity, I guess.

3 hours ago, Tyria said:

From the way I read it, Vary's just asked whether or not you felt that since you feel the left need some introspection for the crazies they support, shouldn't the right need the same. T

I’d add specifically in the context of HOI seeming to present a lot of the left as hypocrites for being angry at Brand’s touting of far right figures and movements when previously the bad logic he worked that had lead him to tout Kanye as a hero for free speech weren’t maligned by them—while having no professed qualms with much of the right embracing Brand and people who are worse then him, Trump, Tate, Kanye.

53 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

I’d add specifically in the context of HOI seeming to present a lot of the left as hypocrites for being angry at Brand’s touting of far right figures and movements when previously the bad logic he worked that had lead him to tout Kanye as a hero for free speech weren’t maligned by them—while having no professed qualms with much of the right embracing Brand and people who are worse then him, Trump, Tate, Kanye.

You just making things up again mate?

2 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

You’ve put forward an allusion to deception without actual specificity as to what I misrepresented.

Please do better.

And I tried my best to steel-man you.

Lol, you know I think maybe you actually believe what you are saying. That’s the scary part of all this. 

28 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Lol, you know I think maybe you actually believe what you are saying. That’s the scary part of all this. 

Sigh more allusions, but no more specific claims that can be examined.

Unfortunately that was expected. Still disappointing.

Please do better in the future. I know you can.:thumbsup:

Archived