Emma D’arcy liked Leo Suters Instagram post

Lady Stonehearts Simp

More casting rumors from Twitter, based on who's following whom on Instagram:

Yesterday there was a lot of talk about Jessica Brown Findlay being in the show, maybe casr as Alys Rivers, because Olivia and Phia are following her now and she started following HBO.

Today a popular account tweeted about two more actresses possibly cast in HotD: Rhianne Baretto (who followed by Emma D'Arcy and Bethany Antonia and following Emma), and Rose Esme Lucas (who is following director Clare Kilner, Emma, Leo Suter and Rhanne). If they are cast, Rhianne Baretto could be Black Aly Blackwood or Sara Snow, and Rose Esme Lucas could be playing Jeyne Arryn?

Also, a month ago or something like that, I remember people speculating about Archie Madekwe being followed by some of the cast and if he could be cast as Addam or Alyn, but it might be just a coincidence.

6 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Are these well-known people in the UK? All the speculation is kind of the same when you’ve never heard of any of them haha. 

I don't know, I'm not from UK. But I don't think any of them is particularly well known aside from maybe Jessica Brown Findlay - I never watched Downtown Abbey or Harlots or most of Black Mirror, so I don't know her, but I know people like her and have fancast her as Alys. I guess Leo Suter seems popular going by the Twitter reaction, but I've never watched any iteration of Vikings.

You can however at least see what those actors look like. 

7 hours ago, King Benedict Justman I said:

Leo plays the main character in Vikings: Valhalla 

If that’s so, then he probably isn’t in HOTD. There would be scheduling conflicts, and I doubt playing Cregan  Stark pays anywhere near as well as a lead role on a hit Netflix show does.

2 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

If that’s so, then he probably isn’t in HOTD. There would be scheduling conflicts, and I doubt playing Cregan  Stark pays anywhere near as well as a lead role on a hit Netflix show does.

Cregan Stark would appear for one or maybe two episodes in early season 2 and then 2-3 more episodes near the end of the show. I doubt there be unresolvable scheduling conflicts for what's really a guest starring role for a character that's very notable but has no reason to appear fof most of the show.

• 1 month later...

So in addition to Jessica Brown Findlay, Leo Suter, Rhianne Barreto and Rose Esme Lucas, another actor speculated to have been cast based on Instagram follows is English actor Kieran Bew. He's 42 and 6' tall.

There's more supporting evidence since Michelle Bonnard, who played the brothel madame in 1x09, has posted a picture with him from a set, saying it's good when you meet an old friend at work. So I guess we'll see more of the KL brothel again at some point to.

9 hours ago, Annara Snow said:

So I guess we'll see more of the KL brothel again at some point to.

Mysaria is presumably hidding in a secondary place in King's Landing after her place was burned by Larys's men and we have that blond kid at the fighting pits who may or may not be Gaemon Palehair. Either way, we are bound to see some KL scenes outside of the Red Keep.

They could create some scenes with Gwayne Hightower and Luthor Largent to show us the state of the City Watch and the pro-Black side of Luthor which is important for the fall of the city.

On 4/7/2023 at 5:38 AM, Annara Snow said:

Kieran Bew

Maybe Hugh Hammer?

On 3/1/2023 at 7:19 PM, King Maegor the Cool said:

Mayhaps a Teasing of the fact he has been cast in HotD? The only character I could see him playing is Cregan

Without the beard, Leo Suter looks like an Ulf. With the beard, I agree Cregan would make the most sense.

3 hours ago, GZ Bloodraven said:

Maybe Hugh Hammer?

Without the beard, Leo Suter looks like an Ulf. With the beard, I agree Cregan would make the most sense.

Maybe Kieran Bew us Hugh Hanmer, but they mostly seem to be casting people who appear in early season 2, maybe they haven't cast the Dragonseeds yet.

Cregan would also be a guest star who would appear in just a few episodes (probably just a couple in season 2 and then he returns for the final season) - less likely to create scheduling conflicts with Vikings: Valhalla.

18 hours ago, Annara Snow said:

Maybe Kieran Bew us Hugh Hanmer, but they mostly seem to be casting people who appear in early season 2, maybe they haven't cast the Dragonseeds yet.

Does HotD film in order? I thought they have all their scripts done before they go into pre-prod?

10 hours ago, GZ Bloodraven said:

Does HotD film in order? I thought they have all their scripts done before they go into pre-prod?

I don't know and I wouldn't expect them to, but it's just the impression I get: we got a leaked video of Cheese audition, a casting call that seems to have for been Blood, leaked audition for Alys who seems to be introduced after Daemon takes Harrenhal, a casting call for someone who sounds like one of the Riverlands lords, probably Blackwoods or Brackens (role of an arrogant noble who will be spending most of his time on horseback), and the other actors speculated to have been cast seem like they would match Cregan (Leo Suter), Jeyne Arryn (Rose Esme Lucas) and maybe Sara Snow (Rhianne Baretto). 

I might be wrong, of course. But so far there's been no rumors about the possible casting of Nettles or Adam or Alyn, and no new black actors rumored to speculated to be have been cast.

In any case, an actor who's the lead in Vikings: Valhalla (and seems to have quite a few female fans), if he is indeed cast, seems more likely to be a notable guest star as a popular character who will appear only occasionally but take center stage in his final appearance, than a supporting character who's not supposed to be particularly attractive or charismatic but who will probably feature on the show on a regular basis.

18 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Whoever KB is playing is presumably someone with scenes in King’s Landing, since that’s where the brothel madame’s scenes would be.

I was thinking about that too - which torpedoes my earlier guesses.

Maybe Luthor Largent? He's supposed to be 7' tall, but they may not be into GRRM's exaggerations with so many NBA-tall men. Harwin was also supposed to be a pretty big guy but Ryan Corr is more normal-sized 

2 hours ago, Annara Snow said:

Maybe Luthor Largent? He's supposed to be 7' tall, but they may not be into GRRM's exaggerations with so many NBA-tall men. Harwin was also supposed to be a pretty big guy but Ryan Corr is more normal-sized 

On his IMDB page, Kieran Bew is listed as 6'1''. I don't know if that's correct but Largent is a good guess for a KL based male character who happens to be bigger than average. And like I said in a previous comment, we need to meet Largent this season even if the fall of King's Landing happens in season 3.

2 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

I think they start filming today, so hopefully we’ll get some casting news soon. 

I wouldn't look for any official casting news. GOT didn't disclose such information that far off the season airing, usually we learned that during the period of post-production or when the first teaser/trailer are released.

That being said, we've always being able to learn/deduce some casting news before that period. I guess it's that time of year to look for the actors socials and stuff.

17 minutes ago, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

I wouldn't look for any official casting news. GOT didn't disclose such information that far off the season airing, usually we learned that during the period of post-production or when the first teaser/trailer are released.

That being said, we've always being able to learn/deduce some casting news before that period. I guess it's that time of year to look for the actors socials and stuff.

HotD has several casting announcements before and after season 1 started shooting. Paddy was announced first, then Matt, Olivia and Emma at once, later Milly and Emily, Rhys, Fabien, Jefferson Hall, all 3 actors playing Strongs, several veteran actors playing minor roles...some of these were during the shooting. I think only Paddy, Emma, Olivia and Matt were announced before the shooting started. The only major cast members they didn't announce were the "kids".

Archived