MMA/Boxing

Chad Vader

Other thread is close to being locked and I feel the need to rage about the decision in the Sterling vs Cejudo fight last night. No doubt it was a very close fight but I thought Henry landed the better shots and stuffed basically all of Aljos TD's. Aljo is so damn quick in scrambles its a victory just to get back to your feet. Anyways, I have no doubt Aljo will finish O'Malley in under 3. Gervonta finishing Garcia with a body shot wasn't at all surprising. I'd love to see Davis vs Haney or Loma vs either. It's so hard to make a boxing fight happen compared to the UFC obviously but for the love of Sugar Ray (not the singer you 90's kids) can we get Fury vs Usyk and Bivol vs Beterbiev to happen before Winds is released.!.!.!.!

I can’t believe some people thought it was a bad decision, and I had money on Cejudo. I mean I’m not surprised it was a split decision because judge’s gonna judge. But Aljo’s range was giving him fits, and those body/calf kicks were on point all fight.

Edited by Ramsay B.

1 hour ago, Ramsay B. said:

I can’t believe some people thought it was a bad decision, and I had money on Cejudo. I mean I’m not surprised it was a split decision because judge’s gonna judge. But Aljo’s range was giving him fits, and those body/calf kicks were on point all fight.

Bah Aljo never hurt him once. Had one good knee. Cejudo may have been outlanded but the better strikes were from Henry. I can see giving it to the champ but Aljo is a chump

And Aljo was never hurt either. Cejudo landing the better shots is highly debatable too. It’s clear you just dislike Aljo, but I’m thinking that maybe the first Yan fight was the anomaly and he is deserving of way more respect than what he receives.

13 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

And Aljo was never hurt either. Cejudo landing the better shots is highly debatable too. It’s clear you just dislike Aljo, but I’m thinking that maybe the first Yan fight was the anomaly and he is deserving of way more respect than what he receives.

Possibly. It's just that he won his belt on a DQ. Lost the rematch imo against Yan. He beat Corey (good win) and beat TJ with 1 arm. He's the champ and O'Malley won't be taking his belt for sure. I hope Aljo moves up and sees how it is to not be the biggest guy in the cage

Er, yeah, bit weird that. I just watched and thought it was close but I thought Loma pretty clearly won. :dunno:

ETA: The Nakatani knockout was impressive but Moloney’s corner really shouldn’t have sent him out for after the knock down in the previous round.

Edited by ljkeane

It was one of those awkward ones, Loma won more rounds clearly so it feels like he definitely did better, and certainly most observers did have him winning, but almost everyone scoring live was like 'I have him up but he might not be, it's super tight'. So I don't think we can call it a robbery. The one judge giving Haney round 10 needs to be retired, though. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Incredible week of boxing this week. Fulton vs Inoue tomorrow. It'sin Japan, so it'll be a morning fight in the US and afternoon in Europe, but if you're a fight fan and can find the time, I highly recommend it. Put it this way, Spence vs Crawford is on Saturday and I'm not entirely sure which is the better fight. 

But yeah, the biiiiiiiig one on Saturday.