NBA Playoffs - Joker's Wild

Relic

5 hours ago, Rhom said:

The increase in Triple Doubles in the last decade has been amazing to me.  Like the thought of someone averaging a Triple Double for an entire season felt impossible when I was growing up.  Now its just kind of "Oh yeah?  He did it too?"

What? It has only been done by 2 players ever.

11 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Indoor fishing tournaments? Please explain, I'm very intrigued. 

Western PA has some of the States' worst weather, and the fewest days classified as "sunny" by meteorologists anywhere in the USA.  (My family is from NW PA, so I speak whereof I know.)  Pittsburgh is a sort of unofficial capitol of Appalachia, as it is the largest, and by far the richest, city within the mountains.  The Civic Arena was a very large building with easy access to all three of the rivers.  Hillbillies like to fish, but no one really likes to sit in semi-darkness, cold or hot but definitely damp and being bitten by bugs.  Thus indoor fishing, I guess?  I don't really know - maybe my older cousins were just pulling my leg all those years.

9 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Some love for Chet:

We are really spoiled, not just by the immensely talented players, but also by the executives and coaches of some teams who are willing to allow them to use their full potential.

After the down years of talent-diluted 90s and 00s NBA in the expansion years, the incoming strong levels of talent have in some teams been managed by excellent coaches after being assembled by clever executives.

Previous to then, the Ralph Sampson-coached-by-Bill Fitch scenario, where the coach encouraged the player to seek out the margin of their performance envelope was unique.  Instead, the players with the potential to be that sort of unicorn were instead of the Brad Sellers-coached-by-Doug Collins variety, where the coach jammed the player into a pre-determined role and expected them to thrive.

Wemby had another rough night offensively. 14 points on 14 shots with a -25 +/-. Meanwhile, the other highly regarded player in this draft, Scoot, has been dreadful so far. Miller is doing a little better, but not by much. So far outside of one great game from Wemby this rookie class is off to a slow start. Obviously it's way too early, but Chet as a super rookie has been the best player. Forget the 40/50/90 club. Dude is at 56/58/90. 

Edited by Tywin et al.