Pitch your idea for the plot of an ASOIAF video game

2 hours ago, James Steller said:

Bullshit. How about Skyrim on steroids?

You’re a the bastard of a Great House, and you choose which one at the start of.the game (each house has different perks. Baratheons earn warrior skills faster, Lannisters earn persuasion skills faster, etc). You can travel as a hedge knight, you can earn chains at the Citadel, and maybe you can establish yourself in one of the regions as a knightly house. Maybe it’s during one of the wars too, and you decide who wins, except then there are actual consequences depending on which side you choose.

To me, that isn't what makes ASOIAF unique.  It's the political intrigue and more grand strategy, paired with the character work.  That's much more in the vein of CK3 or Total War than a Bethesda game on an engine almost as old as I am (slight exaggeration), or any other game that primarily focuses on action/adventure.

1 minute ago, JonSnow4President said:

To me, that isn't what makes ASOIAF unique.  It's the political intrigue and more grand strategy, paired with the character work.  That's much more in the vein of CK3 or Total War than a Bethesda game on an engine almost as old as I am (slight exaggeration), or any other game that primarily focuses on action/adventure.

Going after a game for being old? I still play the original Rome Total War regularly.

And Skyrim would be great if we’re considering the Dunk and Egg series. ASOIAF is certainly more about the politics, yes, but the D&E stories are more suited to Skyrim, I’d say.

2 minutes ago, James Steller said:

Going after a game for being old? I still play the original Rome Total War regularly.

And Skyrim would be great if we’re considering the Dunk and Egg series. ASOIAF is certainly more about the politics, yes, but the D&E stories are more suited to Skyrim, I’d say.

I'm going after Bethesda for being behind it's relative contemporaries.  It's probably not all that fair for Skyrim, which used the old engine for great effect, although I would argue it has not aged well.  But the Fallout releases in particular have been abysmal.  

6 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

I'm going after Bethesda for being behind it's relative contemporaries.  It's probably not all that fair for Skyrim, which used the old engine for great effect, although I would argue it has not aged well.  But the Fallout releases in particular have been abysmal.  

Bethesda is using a new engine now though.

Ok someone mentiones this before and i was curious

Lets say a licenced  strategy game emerges allowing you to play as any state to start with to eventualy  conquer planetos   with battles running on the total war engine ....what sorta factions would you want and what strengths and weaknesses would they have?

Example

westerlands :

Strengths well equipped troops, ability to field  expensive niche types ,  funds to to hire sellswords.

Weaknesses: small food supply as area is rocky mines, pampered rich lords mean their forces march slower than most with larger than nornal baggage train.

The north: forces can march much faster than any other and scouts 2nd to none. Minor clan units can use camoflage and ambush. Crannogmen posion damage. Bolton forces can fley captured officers for intel. Stark forces have random foresight giving a chance at suprise attack working etc Overall troops can live off the land better thus need less supplies

Weakness: lesser armour on some units. 

Or far away

Yunkai : troops weak  but very fast to replace , slave tradkng gives cash reserves for sellsword company hire 

Quarth: camel corps weak but excellent range can scout further than all other units in dessert. Huge navy. Warlocks allow intel to be gathered on enemies without spying or capture of enemies. Poor troops but excellent builders etc

Edited by astarkchoice

1 hour ago, The_Yellow_Whale said:

Ib: War Mammoth units 

These would be available to the Freefolk so perhaps would have to think of a clever way to distinguish them

Voantis and slavers alresdy have elephants though :(

Ib has we are told the most reliable ships into stormy waters, given its guys love axes theyd have heavier hit points  and are the best wrestlers so id have them get damage bonus when enemy  groups stay in prolonged  contact!! 

I have played both computer games, the one with the Night Watch ranger and the Red Priest, and the kind of 4x one.

Both were fun, the story of the RPG one was nice, being connected to the ASOIAF plot without much interference. And the 4x was interesting in revisiting historical battles. Pity they don’t saw much development and polishing with more content after.