World of Warcraft Classic

Theda Baratheon

On 6/27/2023 at 4:19 PM, Theda Baratheon said:

Any other WoW classic players? I’ve been playing it a fair bit over the last couple months as I recover from post viral fatigue. 

I played some when Classic released and it definitely scratched the nostalgia itch.  Alas, I don't have time for major MMO gaming these days either.

I didn't play a lot of WotLK, so the current Classic doesn't appeal much to me.

On 6/28/2023 at 5:08 PM, horangi said:

While I dont have the time for MMORPGs these days, the idea of Classic does bring back memories.  I was a part of the beta team that developed the OG Brady guide and even have my name in the credits.  I was responsible for the Barrens :D

Oh I’m a horde player so I always loved the barrens haha! Thank you :D 

19 hours ago, Rhom said:

I played some when Classic released and it definitely scratched the nostalgia itch.  Alas, I don't have time for major MMO gaming these days either.

I stopped playing after Cata originally and I always really liked WotLK so it’s been a lot of nostalgic fun for me! 

I was determined to get to 55 to make a troll death knight and now she’s at 80 and my original character is still at 60. I’ve just started work again so don’t foresee being able to do much but play a bit some evenings but as a casual player that is enough for me at the moment. I’m particularly enjoying helping out new players with gold and advice even though I’m pretty new (after a long time away) myself :P 

20 hours ago, Rhom said:

Pretty much this for me, except I played way too much WotLK back in the day and don't really have any desire to revisit that content again. Don't get me wrong, it was very good content, but I played through it 3 times on several different characters and... that was enough for me.

I did get a couple of characters up to around level 40, but I just got bored and quit. It was nice and nostalgic but, without my old WoW friends to play with, it just was not the same and I no longer have the time to invest in this sort of "busy work entertainment." 

I did really want to do TBC Classic since I missed much of that expansion back when it was originally released but the above issues mixed with Activision/Blizzard's determination to become the shittiest video game developer/publisher in the industry, well, I didn't want to play it THAT much.

On 6/28/2023 at 11:08 AM, horangi said:

While I dont have the time for MMORPGs these days, the idea of Classic does bring back memories.  I was a part of the beta team that developed the OG Brady guide and even have my name in the credits.  I was responsible for the Barrens :D

But hopefully you weren't responsible for Barrens Chat. ;)

22 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

A hellscape…being on there as an 11 year old girl was probably not a good idea lol. 

You just made me feel really old.

• 2 weeks later...