Dorne is awful but the Fandom is totally biased

KingAerys_II

1 hour ago, KingAerys_II said:

Your comprehension skills are very poor

Thank you for such a concise self-introduction, though I already could see that feature of yours.

she was the beloved one between his sister wives, do you think she didn't know Tha habits of her husband?

She wouldn't know because she's ... in prison. Habits change. New buildings are built. People come and go. If, according to your theory, Rhaenys was alive after Meraxes died, how was she supposed to get updated?

Then I am sure Rhaenys had a role in the construction of Aegonfort, so she knew how to enter in the city and where to hide

The Aegonfort is not a city - it was a fort that was constantly being built up and more heavily garrisoned before Aegon tore it down to make way for the Red Keep. And that Rhaenys had a hand in its construction before her hypothetical capture cannot account for staying updated after said hypothetical capture. 

If Rhaenys was captured (big if, mind you, fell from the sky and all that), she could have given some useful information, but your very poor comprehension skills have so far prevented you from actually mentioning a plausible one.

1 minute ago, SaffronLady said:

Thank you for such a concise self-introduction, though I already could see that feature of yours.

She wouldn't know because she's ... in prison. Habits change. New buildings are built. People come and go. If, according to your theory, Rhaenys was alive after Meraxes died, how was she supposed to get updated?

The Aegonfort is not a city - it was a fort that was constantly being built up and more heavily garrisoned before Aegon tore it down to make way for the Red Keep. And that Rhaenys had a hand in its construction before her hypothetical capture cannot account for staying updated after said hypothetical capture. 

If Rhaenys was captured (big if, mind you, fell from the sky and all that), she could have given some useful information, but your very poor comprehension skills have so far prevented you from actually mentioning a plausible one.

In 7 years of war they never sent assassins to kill Aegon, after her fall in Hellholt they start doing it, do you think it's a coincidence they knew when he wasn't surrounded by his guards? 

They took the information about the long night from her, Aegon gave the gift of mercy to his wife on Dragonstone, it is similar to what happened to Harmund Hoare, tortured for 7 years by Hagon the Heartless

The change is that Aegon and Visenya started sending assassins after the Dornish lords. They responded in kind. Has nothing to do with some sort of secret knowledge of the Aegonfort, which was a pretty basic structure.

12 minutes ago, Ran said:

The change is that Aegon and Visenya started sending assassins after the Dornish lords. They responded in kind. Has nothing to do with some sort of secret knowledge of the Aegonfort, which was a pretty basic structure.

It's not so basic if it is full of guards, Aegon and Visenya escaped six assassination attempts

Edited by KingAerys_II

6 minutes ago, KingAerys_II said:

It's the contrary, he escaped the assassination and adopted the ransom strategy

The Targaryens placed prices on the heads of the Dornish lords, and half a dozen and more were killed by assassins — though only two of the killers ever lived to collect their reward. The Dornish responded in kind, and many were the pitiless deaths that followed. Even in the heart of King’s Landing, no one was safe. 

11 minutes ago, KingAerys_II said:

The fact they were able to attack Aegon when he was not surrounded by the guards is strange, if it wasn't for Visenya he was dead

The Dornish promised to reward gold to anyone who could kill A1gon. It would be strange if the Dornish managed to attack A1gon when he was without his guards - but, the canon situation is not strange, because it was merely gold-hungry killers already in King's Landing, watching the King's movements, trying to kill A1gon.

Which is basically my response to this:

56 minutes ago, KingAerys_II said:

In 7 years of war they never sent assassins to kill Aegon, after her fall in Hellholt they start doing it, do you think it's a coincidence they knew when he wasn't surrounded by his guards? 

So you see, your comprehension is very poor, and there is currently no Dornish army moving to help Jon Snow, where are you pulling that from?

17 minutes ago, SaffronLady said:

The Dornish promised to reward gold to anyone who could kill A1gon. It would be strange if the Dornish managed to attack A1gon when he was without his guards - but, the canon situation is not strange, because it was merely gold-hungry killers already in King's Landing, watching the King's movements, trying to kill A1gon.

Which is basically my response to this:

So you see, your comprehension is very poor, and there is currently no Dornish army moving to help Jon Snow, where are you pulling that from?

For me Aegon dream is almost canonic because of  hotd, I don't think they invented it from nothing, the entire Westeros should join Jon to reject the Others. 

The mutilations suffered by Rhaenys explain why Aegon clenched the letter so hard to bleed, the Queen shipped to Dragonstone to receive the gift of mercy from Aegon is the only thing it has sense among all the theories. 

However if we put aside the first dornish war for a moment, it is obvious for dornishmen it's not a problem to harm kids, Darkstar chopped Myrcella ear, Obara wanted to behead Myrcella and Rosamund, while Nymeria reveled to the uncle the will to kill Tommen. 

That's the point of the discussion, Dorne sucks, it is the worst kingdom, but people are blind for the egalitarian crap

Edited by KingAerys_II

23 minutes ago, KingAerys_II said:

It is impossible to write Unpopular opinions through facts, the biased Fandom starts insulting 

Because you aren't using facts, what you are saying is either outright contradicted by the text or an opinion which is blatantly against common standards of morality and rationality.

The atrocities made during the first dornish war. 

The attempts of the invasions in the next dornish wars. 

The mutilation of Myrcella and the plans to harm kids, tell me why an assault of Euron on dornish coast should not be considered divine punishment? 

11 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Because you aren't using facts, what you are saying is either outright contradicted by the text or an opinion which is blatantly against common standards of morality and rationality.

There are no other accounts of little girls gang-raped and sold to slavery during a wedding, captive knights tortured for fun, guests burned alive, captive kingsguards stripped naked and exposed in a crow cage on a pit full of vipers.
After Oberyn death, Doran feared retaliations against Myrcella, that's why he imprisoned the Sand Snakes, Theon Greyjoy was a male ward, he never suffered any kind of mutilation in the North, Myrcella was betrothed to Trystane Martell and they almost killed her, Arianne tried to use her for that brilliant plot of the coronation.
These are facts, then if you are a fan, I understand your point of view, but I have the right to enjoy trips of Euron Greyjoy around the dornish coasts

"Holding ancestors of criminals accountable for the crimes of their descendants is quite stupid IMO."
"Consider using the wiki a bit. Really, please, it makes the conversation less painfully stupid."
These are insults, do your stupid parody thread and get out of mine

Edited by KingAerys_II

36 minutes ago, KingAerys_II said:

"Holding ancestors of criminals accountable for the crimes of their descendants is quite stupid IMO."
"Consider using the wiki a bit. Really, please, it makes the conversation less painfully stupid."
These are insults, do your stupid parody thread and get out of mine

42 minutes ago, Ran said:

Folks, no insults. Keep it civil.

I mean, I'm fairly sure despite my status as forum bulldog, I have been more civil, reasonable, and wiki friendly than the Mad King. Who simply does not even care to understand what was written on it.

And my civil response has been mod deleted, oh well, I respect efforts to defuse situations.

If House Wyl never paid for their crimes in the First Dornish War, I don't see why House Frey should not survive for the Red Wedding, the torture of captive knights by using slow slicing for game is not less brutal than the torture suffered by Theon in Dreadfort, so Bolton, Freys, Lannisters are not so different from lots of dornish houses

3 hours ago, KingAerys_II said:

The revelation of the dream from the Queen could be used as a plot device to justify the dornish army sent to the North to help Jon against the Others 

Again, holy shit, you are acting as if a theory, an idea, is canon and are using it to defend Aegon, Visenya, & Rhaenys.

Edited by Jon Snowfyre