Quaithe's motives

On 8/30/2023 at 7:33 AM, SeanBeanedMeUp said:

I suspect the visions she sees aren’t exactly helping her either, like she’s only seeing what the visions are showing her and she needs to find the words to help understand wtf she say.

I don't think Dany would find that very useful right ? Ramblings of a mad person 

2 hours ago, SeanBeanedMeUp said:

More like Quaithe is doing what she can to decipher what she's already seeing, and it still comes out like mumbling.

My own hunch about this is that sorcerers receive their prophecies in different ways. The red priests see images; but maybe Quaithe receives the information as words that she hears in her mind. Instead of trying to decipher the words herself, she may have found that it's best to simply pass them on to others, and let them draw their own conclusions.

Or perhaps there's something darker going on. People from Asshai may know more about magic, and the events to come, than anyone else in the Known World. They may have some subtle plot under way thar requires Daenerys to take certain actions later on; and the cryptic prophecies are intended to prepare her or nudge her in the direction they desire. I don't really think so; if that were the case, Quaithe would probably be more direct and specific in her instructions to Daenerys. But I can't rule it out.

• 2 weeks later...